Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Silver below $17.50 this summer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver below $17.50 this summer

$9.50.

- - - -
    Caedite eos.

Seems to be some concensus out there that the stock market is overbought and stock prices have risen for reasons that aren't fundamentally sound.

I think the stock market is due for a whopper of a correction and this would cut silver prices by, say, a third. For a very short time.

Then gold really takes off, and silver follows.

JMHO
    “Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do.”
    - James Harvey Robinson

"The more we convince others, the more we convince ourselves."
    - The Tongue and Quill

Default I assure you a truck would be overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If there was to ever be 9 dollar silver again I would sell everything I own and back up the truck
    The last time there was "9 dollar silver" was about the time that I joined this forum, and the term SilverSeek had real life meaning. Experienced sellers would not be so dumb as to transact business at a loss, there would be absolutely no physical silver available for sale at $9. There was a "shortage". Those of you who were silver seekers at the time, may also remember common ASEs going for around $35 on Ebay.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

zr4 is offline Silver Seeker Senior Member Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    The last time there was "9 dollar silver" was about the time that I joined this forum, and the term SilverSeek had real life meaning. Experienced sellers would not be so dumb as to transact business at a loss, there would be absolutely no physical silver available for sale at $9. There was a "shortage". Those of you who were silver seekers at the time, may also remember common ASEs going for around $35 on Ebay.
    QFT The cheapest I found was $12 at an local auction, sadly im still kicking my self as I didn't buy much and was just starting out at the time. The same auction had morgans at $15 arrgh.

ccjoe is offline Senior Member Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If there was to ever be 9 dollar silver again I would sell everything I own and back up the truck
    I'd sell both kids and my wife and prostitute myself and sell the truck that I would have backed up and carry by hand all the silver I could get bad back and all!

Quote Originally Posted by ccjoe View Post
    I'd sell both kids and my wife and prostitute myself and sell the truck that I would have backed up and carry by hand all the silver I could get bad back and all!
    Actually you'd probably not get as much for your "services" under the "9 dollar silver" scenario, as there would probably be deflation.

The fractal information is useful in that if there really is a 50% chance of up $9, and fifty down nine, then I'd use the first $3 move as the indicator of the direction and position accordingly.
    That is if I were actually playing the paper market,
    which might not be a bad idea were I to actually understand this crazy SLV "market".

One thing is for sure, all systems seek equilibrium.
    With the rapid quantitative easing, another thing for sure, this economy is not stable.

So common sense tells us that there should be inflation (not deflation) since we are in a global economy, and the Fed does not control the foreign markets.
    Unless the same force that controls the Fed also is controlling the foreign markets.

Naah, that would be conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    You obviously were not reading all of the threads. You could buy all the Silver you wanted at Northwest Territorial Mint. They never stopped taking orders like most of the retail sellers. You could also buy 1,000 ounce bars at a number of places. Yes you had to wait for your Silver from NWTM, but you were able to purchase it for less than $1 in premiums, no matter how low the spot price dropped. Far too many stacker's and would be stacker's paid far too much for their silver back then because of all the bad press from some of our members. Accusations of ponzi schemes, going bankrupt just kept filling the INTERNET, but NWTM quadrupled their business during the shortage and "everyone" got their Silver. Everyone had to wait between 4 and 12 weeks to receive their Silver, but they got it and at the lowest price available. So while there was a retail shortage at the on-line dealers and LCS, there really was not a shortage of Silver, you just had limited options as to where you could purchase it. Now if you were only a 90% stacker or only stacked premium rounds, there was a true shortage. However you could order anything from a one ounce round to a thousand ounce bar, as long as it was generic Silver. NWTM's bread and butter is with their one ounce rounds. While they also manufacture one, five, ten and 100 ounce bars, they also manufacture some other odd sizes below one ounce, but these bars are not manufactured on a continuous basis. For the shortest wait time, only order one ounce rounds. I believe the one and five ounce bars had the longest wait times.

There are two methods of ordering from NWTM. One is over the phone with minimum order sizes and the other in using their on-line order system. The on-line order system delivers your product much faster than phone orders, but at a substantial increase in premiums. One ounce rounds cost $1 per ounce more on the on-line system versus a phone order.

I do not recommend anyone purchase anything from NWTM, as you can find better prices at APMEX and others for small quantities and even better prices for large purchases at Tulving. However, everyone should be aware of the availability of Silver when the next shortage arrives. You don't want to miss the boat on rock bottom prices at whatever that price level is.

One more time, just for the record. There was "not" a retail shortage of Silver, just a limited number of sources to purchase it from. Yes that does constitute a shortage, but not in the sense that so many are lead to believe, in that there was "no" Silver available.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb@bellsouth.net View Post
    You obviously were not reading all of the threads. You could buy all the Silver you wanted at Northwest Territorial Mint. They never stopped taking orders like most of the retail sellers. You could also buy 1,000 ounce bars at a number of places. Yes you had to wait for your Silver from NWTM, but you were able to purchase it for less than $1 in premiums, no matter how low the spot price dropped.
    You obviously have comprehension problems.

After your attempted insult (of course I have not read everything you ***h***)
    the rest of what you typed is accurate
    except for your unnecessary opinion about the other forum members.
    You should have saved your typing as there was nothing new to me there,
    except the fact that NWTM quadrupled their business (so what?).

Your post invalidates nothing that I typed earlier,
    so why the comment about what I must have read?

Note that I put the term shortage in quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb@bellsouth.net View Post
    There are two methods of ordering from NWTM. One is over the phone with minimum order sizes and the other in using their on-line order system.
    Last Monday I spoke with a close friend who lives Renton, WA and told him about NWTM (being a regular person he did not know) and suggested that he drive there (Federal Way about 10 miles away) to get some goodies.
    The idea is he should be able to keep off the record as I always recommend.
    I suppose he'll let me know if you are actually correct about their being two methods of ordering, I'd assumed a retail operation from their site information.
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 25th June 2010 at 04:26. Reason: spelling
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

ccjoe is offline Senior Member Site Admin

Val--I did not get my silver from NW. I waited for over 100 days and threatened to sue them so they finally just sent me a check for the spot price.
    I got beat out of the premium but the spot had gone way up so I ended up making about 4 grand on my 1000 oz "purchase." Talk about a paper transaction on my first silver deal. NOT GOOD!

Default Great testimony about the retail "shortage" ccjoe.

Without 'cash and carry' there is no guarantee that a deposit of bankster "paper" equals physical bullion.

In a true monetary crisis those 100 days could have spelled financial disaster.