Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Ahead of the FED today

Thread: Ahead of the FED today

Default Ahead of the FED today

Speculation is moving some money into equities this morning ahead of the FED announcements which we all know will continue to result in more easy money and ultimately higher gold and silver prices down the road. What is most interesting to me is that back in the days when silver was acting as an industrial metal it would also get a speculative bounce on this news but today it is behaving just like gold once again indicating that it is monetized.

I am editing this thread because I see something you rarely see which is equities falling with gold. This signals that inflation/deflation hedges are what is driving this market. If you are not in gold or equities when the news hits then you must be holding cash which means that the hedge is favoring deflation tat is a possible hike in rates. This is nonsensical of course but apparently some people think it is a possibility. I expect this market to rocket north after Bernanke speaks so hold onto your hat.

Buy the dip if we get a good one (Update: this is a good one).
    Last edited by Katwoman; 23rd June 2010 at 10:25.

As you can see we are already on our way back up. Did anyone score the mother load?

Federal Reserve officials downgraded their outlook for the U.S. economy Wednesday, indicating that short-term interest rates could remain at a record low until next year to support growth.

After a two-day session of the Fed's policy-making body, officials used more tentative language on the strength of the recovery compared to their previous meeting almost two months ago. They also noted how financial conditions had become less supportive of economic growth following the Eurpean debt crisis.

Here's the news. The proof is in the pudding. What amazes me it that some people actually speculated that the FED would raise rates under these circumstances. Haven't they learned by now that these guys are a one trick pony? And for my next trick!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mmrF-4rUE