Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Silver today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver today

Default Silver today

Will the buoyancy of the Euro sink silver today? Right now PMs are up but this is occurring ahead of yesterday's activity which usually means the move is speculative not reactive and IMHO it will not hold and so we will end the day flat. So even though the market is going up I am not optimistic about today being another banner day for silver. Sorry

Sakata Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Katwoman View Post
    Right now PMs are up but this is occurring ahead of yesterday's activity
    This sounds like nonsense. "Now" is today, "Yesterday's actvity" was yesterday. How can today be occuring ahead of yesterday? Please explain.

Wow, another small pop up right after your post.
    I wonder if ccjoe covered that short he told us about.
    If this gain holds after the open I am going to sell my virtual SLV
    because I expect a pause and a small pullback later today.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

I stand my ground as this move too was at the opening and ahead of the time of day that the market moved yesterday........while it has some fundamental support to move higher, fundamentals typically do not create patterns of activity from day to day only the "ations" that is "speculation" and "manipulation" do that so I believe the market is driven by speculation and will settle down close to yesterday's moving average by closing.

That simulation still has not gone to real time executions.
    I put in a limit sell SLV order @$18.69 when the Marketwatch ticker showed $18.69.
    Now it has been $18.68 and under since I pulled the trigger.
    Now $18.67.... I hope it executed. I still have a minimum of 14 more minutes to know.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

The trade executed at $18.70.
    Apparently limit orders are the way to go in this simulator because I seem to get a lot of breaks when I transact that way, as opposed to the market orders which seem to yield a consistently lower price.

I just set a small SLV short at $18.74 which is where the current price is and hope that it does not burn me.
    The goal is to see if I can get my simulated account to return 8% per month for 10 months simply by trading SLV.
    So far, so good, and the June account is up over 6% at this point.

Sakata Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    The trade executed at $18.70.
    Apparently limit orders are the way to go in this simulator because I seem to get a lot of breaks when I transact that way, as opposed to the market orders which seem to yield a consistently lower price.

I just set a small SLV short at $18.74 which is where the current price is and hope that it does not burn me.
    The goal is to see if I can get my simulated account to return 8% per month for 10 months simply by trading SLV.
    So far, so good, and the June account is up over 6% at this point.
    Ever thought of using AGQ instead

Quote Originally Posted by Sakata View Post
    Ever thought of using AGQ instead
    Never heard of it but I'll keep my eye on it.
    AGQ is easy to remember.

I should have waited a few minutes, SLV now up to $18.83.
    I wonder what my trade price will be?

Default AGQ, SLV ... what others are exclusively silver based?

AGQ is up twice SLV. Cool. Is that a double long fund?

Perhaps we could come up with a menu of allowable stocks and funds for a silver seekers monthly trading contest?

Exclamation It sure looks like spot silver is approaching $20 per troy ounce!

Limit orders are definitely the way to go.
    My short executed at $18.79 and SLV is still popping.

I love it.