Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Antique Store Trip 6/17

Thread: Antique Store Trip 6/17

zr4 is offline Silver Seeker Senior Member Site Admin

Default Antique Store Trip 6/17

Today I visted one of the largest antique stores in my state today. There was tons of silver, but the bottom of the barrel stuff started around $28 oz, lots of high dollar stuff, and there was no gold to be found. Anyways just thought I would share.
    Last edited by zr4; 17th June 2010 at 20:37.

Default Story Hour

I'm glad you did Zr4, thanks for sharing....I had a funny silver related story happen to me as well and threw it in somewhere?...not sure now, but the interesting thing about your story is what I'd like to convey to the membership here in that some antique shops know about, carry, and sell silver. If a C/Kat was interested in unloading some of their investment portion of their stack and not deal with websites or shipping and just wanted to garner spot, perhaps a little better depending on the supply/demand of the times....then I think they could "get it done" at an antique store. I know I had no trouble....and I do enjoy the anonymity of the transaction with more private types. The owners of these shops often keep dry powder...and they plan to mark it up significantly anyways so in the end there will most likely be two satisfied parties....I wouldn't be a buyer, but definitely a seller.

Curiosity will not kill the C/Kats of SS Nation!

I think that it is reasonable to say that so much high dollar stuff avaliable makes it seem like silver is in over abundance, when really the cheap stuff is getting harder to find.

Went to a local gift/small coin shop today. I bought $5 face in 90%. He didnt have much cheap. He had about 5 generic @ $20, and rolls of halves at $155. "Lots of numis like normal. He said he hasnt had much selling or buying traffic latley, and he had no gold.