Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Silver should be more valuable than gold. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver should be more valuable than gold.

Default NDT...Ultrasonics

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    hekura, I read this at your panamalaw link...

"How to Counterfeit a Gold Bar (for information purposes only) – This was easily found on the Internet. You begin with a tungsten slug about 1/8-inch smaller in each dimension than the gold bar you want to counterfeit create. Next you would cast a 1/16-inch layer of real pure gold all around it. This would not be so expensive to do. The resulting “gold” bar would project a good feel to the touch, it would have a decent enough ring like a gold bar, it would test right chemically because the coating of pure gold would take care of this sort of chemical test, it would weight test correctly. Gold has a density of 19.3  g/cm³ and tungsten has a density of 19.25  g/cm³ so there is a detectable difference. One would need to add into the tungsten something denser like iridium or osmium. 98.5% tungsten mixed with 1.5% osmium, iridium, or osmiridium would have the exact density of gold. One would need to damage the bar by drilling inside it to detect it. If you were drilling to be sure you would need to drill in several spots to be certain. It could be detected using electrical resistance testing but you would have to have a heck of a lot of current and good equipment to detect the subtle differences. See how hard it is to detect. Remember the movies about the college kids learning to count cards and beat Vegas? Imagine a similar movie with mining and geology graduate students manufacturing gold bars and coins in their garage. The Chinese are selling counterfeits all over eBay today.

How to Counterfeit a Rare Year Gold Coin (for information purposes only) – Easy. Melt down regular gold coins from same country with a common year made in same year. Usually the mint where the rare coins were struck determines the value. Use a coin from same year at another mint. Get a laser mold, pour it and there you have it. Will pass every test known to man. Moral of this story is avoiding any numismatic valued coins. "
    I guess they have some really good units out on the market now that are 'foolproof'....meaning they have no failure rates in detecting fakes

Those are the ones that use high frquency sound waves to measure composition purity. I think the real good ones are around a thousand bucks and the cheaper models around half that I think.

If I was an LCS owner....I'd be having one if that is in fact the price.

With gold and silver changing their baselines...and the Chinese govt. allowing their people to purchase....I'll bet the fakes will really hit the market with velocity in the near future. They are quite adept at counterfeiting....and there's lotsa newbies entering into the fold of the precious metals arena. Many will be doing their shopping on ebay.

Become your own bank..."Stash n Stockpile Weapons of Stack Construction!"

Angry 7 or 8 to 1, not 7 times 8 to 1!!!

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Not an exact quote, but the number is correct.
    Doctor Stephen Leeb says that 7.5 silver units to 1 gold is the actual non manipulated silver to gold ratio.
    He is making things up out of his imagination, just the same as everyone else who says they "know" what the Gold/Silver ratio "should" be.

That is why this is a Silver forum, not a golden one./

on the other hand I want one of those gold tungsten bars just cause they are heavy.

Exclamation The $11,000,000,000,000,000,000 gold stash.

"Another important reason* is the hidden market condition of too much gold ."
    Sounds like I was right.
    @ 14:54 the biggest silver news in decades is finally revealed to the public.

(*for silver being more intrinsically valuable than gold)
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Casting a rare coin does not provide the sharp, edged, details that a stamped coin has.
    Most could be seen by the naked eye, especially the pros, and laymen/ average joe, definitely see w/ a 10X loop.
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

I'd be glad to give you even better than that. I'll give you 10oz of silver for an ounce of gold. And I'm talking physical, in unlimited quantities.

Default Expiration date

Pointless option without an expiration date. Will you give us those terms for five years? Because this is not a short term prediction. My guess is that you would not. If you would, I think you would be taken to the cleaners. Time will tell.

Cool 1:1 - I hope to see that one ounce of silver to one acre of land ratio in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Agentum View Post
    I'd be glad to give you even better than that. I'll give you 10oz of silver for an ounce of gold. And I'm talking physical, in unlimited quantities.
    It seems that you've missed an important point there Agentum.

The Rothschild influenced history unfairly demonize both Napoleon and Adolph.

Crashing Au on purpose seems foolish on their part, but so does everything else they do. It is so difficult to get my hands
    on Silver here in Panama. We are really having a supply crisis here.