Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

[GATA] James Turk: Silver's potential for price appreciation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GATA] James Turk: Silver's potential for price appreciation

Peter Spina Guest

Default [GATA] James Turk: Silver's potential for price appreciation

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

GoldMoney founder James Turk, editor of the Freemarket
    Gold & Money Report and consultant to GATA, has
    written the case for investing in silver -- and thus the
    case for GoldMoney's expansion into silver. As usual
    Turk's analysis comes with some persuasive charts.

Turk finds that over the last six years silver has
    slightly outperformed gold and that silver's biggest
    gains have not come in the same years as gold's. He
    believes, as trailblazing silver market analyst Ted
    Butler long has maintained, that the current ratio
    between the prices of gold and silver shows that
    silver's potential for appreciation is much greater.

Why?

"When people become fearful about the safety of their
    national currency and look for alternatives, as they are
    now doing, they buy precious metals," Turk writes. "But
    on the margin, this new monetary demand has a greater
    impact on silver than it does on gold" -- because
    ordinarily silver is much more an industrial metal than
    a monetary one.

That is, when silver is remonetized, whether by custom
    or by official decree, look out above.

Turk's analysis is titled "The Potential Offered by Silver"
    and you can find it in the "Founder's Commentary" box
    at the top left of the GoldMoney home page here:

http://goldmoney.com

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
    Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

"That is, when silver is remonetized, whether by custom or by official decree, look out above."

But not in our lifetimes, I think.

How about starting a movement for a new currency where 8 reales equals one troy ounce of .999 silver? No law required, just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleFromCalgary View Post
    "That is, when silver is remonetized, whether by custom or by official decree, look out above."

How about starting a movement for a new currency where 8 reales equals one troy ounce of .999 silver? No law required, just do it.
    Don't we already have a law saying one dollar equals 371.25 grains of pure silver (8 reales)?
    “Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do.”
    - James Harvey Robinson

"The more we convince others, the more we convince ourselves."
    - The Tongue and Quill

"Don't we already have a law saying one dollar equals 371.25 grains of pure silver (8 reales)?"

I thought your government repealed that law back in the FDR era. That is why I was suggesting a new coin of 8 reales = one ounce Ag, because it would be a reminder and a tribute to the Spanish dollar and would also be easier to calculate. Both Canada and the USA used Spanish dollars in their formative years and based their currencies on them, although of course the FRN and the loonie have since gone in separate directions.

ccjoe is offline Senior Member Site Admin

Dale--You keep on reiterating NOT IN OUR LIFETIMES! Unless you're 90, you're wrong. I 3-4 years silver will be 300 and a loaf of bread won't eat up that appreciation as some people mistakenly think. I still wonder why people are in this web site and not able to see gold 1050 and silver 18 as a wacked out ration? I don't think I'm that smart to see PD at 330 and PLA at 1350 and silver at 18 as being extremely weird.
    SILVER WILL BE 100 next year and 300 by 2012 and yes take my advice newbies and mortgage your houses and put silver on your credit cards.
    Sorry but I'm here to help people not to fearfully lead them to the slaughter.
    One thing maple may be right about is a lot of Americans don't have any cahoneys and are ensconced in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by ccjoe View Post
    Dale--You keep on reiterating NOT IN OUR LIFETIMES! Unless you're 90, you're wrong. I 3-4 years silver will be 300 and a loaf of bread won't eat up that appreciation as some people mistakenly think. I still wonder why people are in this web site and not able to see gold 1050 and silver 18 as a wacked out ration? I don't think I'm that smart to see PD at 330 and PLA at 1350 and silver at 18 as being extremely weird.
    SILVER WILL BE 100 next year and 300 by 2012 and yes take my advice newbies and mortgage your houses and put silver on your credit cards.
    Sorry but I'm here to help people not to fearfully lead them to the slaughter.
    One thing maple may be right about is a lot of Americans don't have any cahoneys and are ensconced in fear.
    Actually thanks to the FRN most Americans are already leveraged to the hilt and cannot afford to buy any silver even if they want to

"Actually thanks to the FRN most Americans are already leveraged to the hilt and cannot afford to buy any silver even if they want to"

Anyone who is leveraged to the hilt has only themselves to blame. Borrowing money to buy an SUV or large-screen TV was a voluntary decision. Buying a McMansion instead of a smaller affordable house or just renting was a voluntary decision. Dribbling away money on $5 cups of coffee with foam and chocolate sprinkles on top was a voluntary decision.

Now they can't afford to buy silver, a bargain at $20. This can't be blamed on the Fed, any more than a drug addict can blame his pusher for getting him started on the habit.

The older I get, the more I believe in Pareto's Law.

And remember: Gold is for your old-age pension and silver is for trading the ratio.

Default Katwoman.....

Oh that nasty truth thing! Dont forget people can sell other assets to get cash to get silver!!

I cant believe that after 2 years of talking to my brother in law about money, gold and silver.....he called me last night to find out where he can buy $10K worth of silver. Of all the people I talk to he is the only the 2nd person to do so. I think the sheeple are starting to get it!

"Of all the people I talk to he is the only the 2nd person to do so."

Like you, I haven't had much luck preaching. I'm seriously thinking about buying some 1-gramme encapsulated gold bars to give to family members for Christmas. After all, drug dealers usually give their new clients a free hit to get them hooked.

akak Guest

"Of all the people I talk to he is the only the 2nd person to do so."

Like you, I haven't had much luck preaching.

Yet most of those same people who just put their hands over their ears and yell "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!" when we talk to them about gold and silver will believe strangers on TV peddling an obvious self-serving financial agenda that has repeatedly and demonstrably robbed them of their hard-earned savings time after time. Funny how that works.