Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It has begun

Default It has begun

Picked up my First 10oz bar of silver today...feels good to be actually putting my money into something worthwhile. It's an Engelhard brand. Any info on this company?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Picked up my First 10oz bar of silver today...feels good to be actually putting my money into something worthwhile. It's an Engelhard brand. Any info on this company?
    Engelhard is among the top 3 brands of silver, so might even say the top Can't go wrong.

Thanks...looks like I have a place to shop at. They also have no probs with trading silver for gold straight up as well. They seem very flexible.

Congrats. EH bars are good to go. But keep in mind that silver is silver, don't go pay'en more for a mirror.
    Silver: Atomic number 47; chemical symbol Ag. Derived from the latin word Argentum, which means "white and shining".

"When you got metal, all the world is a movie" Argentum, 3/09

Good advice, but just the same, nothing wrong with going with the brand names for credibility and the fact that they are easily recognized.

Engelhard definitely one of my favorites...

Congrats, Raven, on a good trade. You are doing the right thing.
    Last edited by Drumblebum; 24th July 2008 at 11:11. Reason: sp
    Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.

Englehard is the industry standard! IMO

Nice. Something about the weight and the color. Take that over 2 C notes anytime. I like Engehards too but like they said , don't overpay. You will figure out your favorites in time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skijake View Post
    Nice. Something about the weight and the color. Take that over 2 C notes anytime. I like Engehards too but like they said , don't overpay. You will figure out your favorites in time anyway.

Yup! Sunshine and PanAm for me! Well known brands and not too much over spot either. I can never seem to find Engelhards at a reasonable price, unfortunately.

My thoughts on reputable names are:

Engelhard
    JM
    Sunshine
    PanAm
    Apmex
    A-Mark
    Northwest Territorial

Can anyone think of some other names that most dealers wouldn't think twice about getting?

Fly-over country, South Dakota. The heart of the USA

There are lots of well-known refineries from the past and present:
    TriState
    Homestake
    Royal Canadian Mint
    National Refiners
    GA
    World Wide Mint
    Lots more too from back in the "everybody wants to own a mint when silver is 50 dollah!" days.
    JesterJay

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Yup! Sunshine and PanAm for me! Well known brands and not too much over spot either. I can never seem to find Engelhards at a reasonable price, unfortunately.

My thoughts on reputable names are:

Engelhard
    JM
    Sunshine
    PanAm
    Apmex
    A-Mark
    Northwest Territorial

Can anyone think of some other names that most dealers wouldn't think twice about getting?
    If you don't GOT it, You don't GET it!

Since I'm fairly new at this, Whats the norm over spot places usually charge?
    This dealer is $2.00 overspot which doesn't seem too bad since I'm not a bulk purchaser and it's right down the road. Just trying to get a good idea of what I should be paying.