Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

...I've clearly lost my mind! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...I've clearly lost my mind!

Default Welcome, Akak...I think you know most of us here...

...and this particular "party" is just getting under way. Actually, this thread has been up here for a while, and sort of just developed out of the need to do a little hair-pulling, semi-privately. It is what it is, and "it" is turning into an effective location to bring, and share data. That this data is about the curious Duney-phenomena, just now...is good, and hopefully productive. I kind'a feel that this topic was eventually inevitable, and it's relationship to "silver" is not so much a specific relationship, as it is an apparent symptom of similar obfuscation-type efforts, goimg on in other forums (fora?). Or at least, that is the picture that is forming, after you bring us your pieces of the puzzle.

Let me blast through your post for a minute:
    Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    Hekura, I am truly impressed with your eloquent and insightful posts in this thread!

Thanx, Akak. This just seemed to arise out of the necessity for a "safe" place to post.

As I believe you are all rather well aware of by now, I was (and am) seriously, profoundly disturbed and enraged by the trolling that has overtaken this forum, after and that has been ALLOWED to overwhelm it so frequently, and drive away valuable members. Unlike you, however, I am not even willing to consider the possibility that it is anything other than purposeful, organized and malicious. And unfortunately, largely successful.

I too, see the level of success the Dunanians are having, and I don't really hold any credible ideas about "their" efforts being benign...it's just that old habits/courtesies are hard to break. I must say, Duney is sometimes very disarming, but as you also point out, this is likely illusion.

So let me summarize my observations of this Roger/Duneyman situation:

1) He has not demonstrated the slightest real interest in silver, and has shown only a cursory knowledge of the silver market and matters relating to silver, such as might be obtained by doing at most one day's research via the internet

I think this was true, at first...but I have noticed him using more terms, common to these concepts, lately.

2) Unlike any normal or rational forum member, he has NEVER shown any personality or "face" here, as Hekura has mentioned already, and has never, unlike ANY normal forum member, allowed a trace of emotion to cloud his mission and his task

3) Unlike any normal or rational forum member, he has shown a dedication in both time and energy, again as also noted by Hekura, far beyond all proportion to any conceivable value he might possibly obtain from participating in a hostile and unwelcoming online community

4) Unlike any normal or rational forum member, he has shown not the slightest interest in modifying his antagonistic trolling behavior, nor bonding in any manner whatsoever with any other forum member, nor compromising, nor showing the slightest understanding nor acknowledgment that his behavior has been disruptive and unwelcome

These are all true. However, I have seen shameless manipulation of others, using these very issues to "split" members.

5) Unlike any normal or rational forum member, he has never sought any information, opinions, or advice from any other member, nor shown much if any interest in the information presented by others, nor attempted to engage in any meaningful or productive conversation or exchange, again unlike every other forum member

HHhhhmmmmm, this is true, too. I had missed this...good call.

6) He is an absolute master at playing on the emotions of others, working them and antagonizing them as a virtuoso plays a violin; this is NOT normal online behavior, not even remotely

And my conclusions from these observations:

1) Duneyman/Roger is a masterful, agenda-drive, and highly motivated individual

2) He is not the borderline-retarded person he would have us believe, but plays that part with consummate skill

3) He is part of a highly-organized, internet-wide effort to harass, disrupt, divide and destroy any forum or online community whose primary focus is contrary to, or in opposition to, the political and/or financial establishments and status-quo.

I cannot verify this, but it sounds spot-on, if these things are happening elsewhere.

4) He is the agent of powers who seek to minimize or negate the internet's growing ability to rally freethinking, anti-establishment individuals, and their coordination and sharing of information

5) Roger/Duney is not alone in this mission, but has had a number of accomplices to help him here in his attacks on this forum, who have varied in name and number from time to time, but who showed a consistent pattern of aiding and abetting his disruptions and antagonism

6) At least one of these others is the poster "What Is Truth" (and I am far from alone in this conclusion, as others here have confided to me the exact same observation and suspicion)

As I have long said in this forum already, this person, or these persons, are dedicated to attacking and undermining not just this forum, but ALL such forums. I have participated in a diversity of political and financial forums online over the last several years, and the pattern of attack is virtually always the same, with just minor and predictable variations.

I am currently also posting in the comments sections over on ZeroHedge, and we are dealing, predictably, with the same situation over there --- trolls who swarm the comment threads of any article directly confronting or challenging the existing financial power structure, and ALWAYS and most especially when the topic of gold is mentioned, with curiously no involvement by these trolls/agents whatsoever over more mundane topics, or in discussions that do not challenge the existing financial powers-that-be, or their monetary and financial systems.

Anyone who doubts that such agents exist and are actively working to subvert and undermine free thinking and free exchange on the internet are either woefully unobservant, or dangerously naive.

...Great stuff, Akak. I suspect we will see a few more curves...but not likely many. We have been dragging this along with us so far, that we're becoming familiar with the whole "bag of tricks".

This is a wealth of information. Now, what to do?

I'll come back to this fresh, tomorrow, and maybe a solution strategy will present. Hang in there, Akak.

j

Solid thoughts.
    Just wanted to throw this into the mix as we discuss trolling.
    Why Troll?
    Well, it works would be an easy starter, and it's easy.
    I often think of all my brothers and sisters out where ever they may be, buying PM's and stacking away for a rainy day. Of course not everyone is 'into' PM's for the same reason but while there are surely some true collectors/admirers of the shiny stuff {Come to me, my Precious! lol} I'd figure most people look at Silver and Gold as either an investment in an under-valued asset class or as a hedge to currency issues like we are witnessing in Iceland, Zimbawae, and a good chunk of Europe as we speak. Others must be looking for shorter term profits either going long or going short the metals but I like many fall into this long-term investment/ hedge my savings against what if crowd.
    Well this can't be a pleasant prospect for those at the top looking down on their little sheople kingdom. Why would our subjects look to anything different than what we have trained/directed them to do, plus we thought we had them hemmed in pretty tight with pensions, IRA's, 401k's, credit cards,Social Security, home equity lines of credit and every form of diversion that the Roman's could have only dreamed about?
    And yet, there are always a few in any group who sense something isn't quite right before everybody else does, aren't there? Paranoia, observation, forsight, even a 6th sense but some people just see things a bit clearer and a bit earlier than everyone else.
    Wouldn't it stand to reason that those in the upper rungs who are not interested in PM"s as anymore than a collectors fancy or a commodity might feel slightly perturbed/threatened that there are some in their flock who just don't quite conform?
    Well, what to do? Not breaking any laws. As a matter of fact they're just buying some of the products we offer, American Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs. They mock the prices we have stamped on the coins by paying 20 times as much for a coin and yet they won't buy our Stong Currency, Bankcrupt State, Bloated Budget, Fair Stock Market, 401K plan 3card Monty-shell game. Hmmmm?
    Let's go where these guys go and check out what they're saying and once we've got a basic idea about their belief structure we'll antagonize and disrupt their conversation to show them what they're missing with our program.
    Seem like a friendly bunch, couple of wise-ass', some Technicians/Traders, some Collectors, some crazy libertarians and a bunch of Honest Money types. How to disrupt these little gatherings best? Well the ways have been brought up and rightly so. The reasons? Pretty easy to see.
    Success rate, Marginal, but with a Bulldog's determination.
    Best to keep these trouble-makers second guessing as much as possible before they get anymore converts.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by akak View Post
    So let me summarize my observations of this Roger/Duneyman situation:

And my conclusions from these observations:

6) At least one of these others is the poster "What Is Truth" (and I am far from alone in this conclusion, as others here have confided to me the exact same observation and suspicion)
    Great post Akak.
    I like particularly your having the guts to mention this member, who didn't react till now.
    As I said before to Prof. Sakata I don't like people blustering over trolls without naming them

Yup, yup, guys.
    Last edited by Sue-Z-Q; 21st May 2010 at 23:44.
    Posts by Suz-E-Q are for entertainment purposes; author takes no responsibilities for readers' potential uses or abuses of information contained therein.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default ...the eternal optimist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Z-Q View Post
    "...And Hek, my longtime buddy, I do not, personally, see any "solution" on the horizon."
    OK, Suz...I give. I suppose that I'll just shake things around, a little, to take some of the "sting" out of the Duney-gloating. I must say, though, it appears as though there are a few others besides myself, who have just gotten s&t of the constant unsupported drivel...apparently specifically designed to disrupt, as there is never any new information, no "gee I wonder" moments, nor any "HEY, me too!" celebrations. Coming to the forum and seeing the inevitable row of 10+ Duney-posts, is disheartening, to say the least, and the desire to interact is suppressed, since the response can be predicted to be nonsensical. It's just sad that Duney was successful at pissing all over the forum. He rubs it in today, crowing from the mountaintops, his invincibility. It is sort of creepy, though, since it's hard to imagine who he's talking to...most everybody seems to have gone their "rounds" with Dune, and left.

...I am still stopping in to this thread, fairly frequently, just to see if there is anything new...and I will open un-poisoned threads from time to time. I'm grateful to Jake, NM, and others, who regularly share their discoveries. Funny thing is, even though the forums are ostensibly about "silver"...what really happens, is that this one topic brings a vast array of individuals to the table to compare notes. I think this is what the whole point of the "trolling" is...to extinguish any forum of "free" thought. In isolation, there are no "free" thoughts.

Thinking "freely" has nothing to due with "extreme" "survival" or "gloom"...for the record.

I did contribute a post to Silversurfer's thread, about "happiness". It is really funny that some of us wonder, and even care, about Duney's happiness. Like every attempt to engage this troll in any form of personal accountability, I suspect these thoughts will have absolutely no effect, either. At least Duney will likely have more time to trash other forums...since it's gotta be pretty sad, talking to yourself in a forum where only you, and your alter-egos are members. No...it isn't reasonable.

I'll talk to you from time to time, Suz...on the fly, so to speak. If you send me a letter, I'll treat it as the Suzy-Seek forum...(grin). Catch ya' on the flip-flop.

j

I like Hekura's idea of checking in up here.
    Thought I'd see what's happening with the troll and any "free speech" supporters he might have.
    Not much I see but the troll still checks in daily so that does show some dedication or feeling of obligation at least.
    Much less venomous as a whole. Maybe this is the way to go.
    Those on the fence know you have a choice, The Troll does not.
    Have a great Memorial Day Holiday and take some time to remember those who gave everything for their Country!

All I'm after is reason, logic, truth....is it here?

I'd just hate to have to take all my posts and go home.
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    All I'm after is reason, logic, truth....is it here?

I'd just hate to have to take all my posts and go home.
    Hard to know, Will we recognize the Truth when we see/hear it?

Okay...perhaps Proof before Trooth!
    Caedite eos.