Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Chevy Chase Bank closing 54 branches

Thread: Chevy Chase Bank closing 54 branches

Default Chevy Chase Bank closing 54 branches

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/news/200...g-54-branches/

Chevy Chase Bank closing 54 branches
    Fairfax County
    By Staff
    Source: Fairfax County Times
    THURSDAY, JULY 10 2008

Officials with Chevy Chase Bank said the bank will be closing all 54 of its D.C.-area branches that are located inside Giant Food stores starting this August.

The companies were operating under a 10-year contract that expires in August.

While bank officials said in a statement that they have appreciated the relationship with the grocery store chain, bank customers have expressed a preference for the bank's more traditional neighborhood branches.

Approximately 240 people are employed at the Giant Food branches. Chevy Chase is working to find comparable jobs at traditional branches for most of those employees, according to a release.

The bank has about 1 million customers in the greater Washington area.

Quote Originally Posted by LETMYSILVERGO View Post
    http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/news/200...g-54-branches/
    Chevy Chase is working to find comparable jobs at traditional branches for most of those employees, according to a release.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. My heart always goes out to folks losin' work. Been through it myself due to corporate closure.

My name is Chevy Chase and you're not. ( I think that's his old live for SNL}