Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Spam Issues - New Software in early 2007!

Thread: Spam Issues - New Software in early 2007!

Peter Spina Guest

Default Spam Issues - New Software in early 2007!

We apologize to all users on the massive amount of spam that these no good individuals are bombarding this forum with. All our hours of prevention still keep out 95% of the spammers' messages. Yet as their techniques advance, we have decided that the only solution is to migrate to a better forum software.

To all those who registered and accounts accidentally deleted, please sign-up again.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

Bill Guest

Default Re: Spam Issues - New Software in early 2007!

Is there any chance you could grant me the ability to block IP addresses? The bulk of the recent spam attack was from the same person/IP with multiple accounts. I deleted everything I was able to, but lacked the ability to really stop them from posting more.

Peter Spina Guest

Default IP

Hi Bill,

If we decided to stay with this software, we would give you the ability to ban IP's. The issue has grown deeper in the past months as the vulnerability of this forum software has grown in regards to spamming. We have an improved replacement software which will be able to all but block this issue and keep us focused what is important, silver-related discussions.

Thank you for your help and in about a few weeks, this issue will be behind us, hopefully, permanently.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

richiedoc Guest

As soon as you guys can reverse the order of the posts (most recent first) I'll post another of my ridiculous silver rants and see if we can get some fun debates going. Heck...why not start now!

Peter Spina Guest

Post Fixing The Order

The ordering has now been updated. Looking forward to your silver rants!

Bill Guest

I also notice that everyone's custom user title says "Site Admin." That may confuse guests a little, or even a few of the current posters. Also, my mod abilities have not been reinstated. I'm still willing to mod if you'd like me to. Just a couple of things I've noticed so far. I have noticed that the spam is waaaay down. Good stuff

Cheers,

Bill

I have fixed the site admin issue, I am still exploring the software to return your MOD abilities. Please give us a few weeks to tweak the software around to where we want it.

The good news is the spam has totally stopped for now!