Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gold Coins and Silver Coins?

Thread: Gold Coins and Silver Coins?

Cool Gold Coins and Silver Coins?

If I am not mistaken, Silver Coins and Gold Coins are the basic investment for new traders and investors. And the pawn shop and Gold Parties are not the good places to deal with. Due to the unique properties of Silver, Silver is more attractive to traders and investors. Trading Silver also is easier and easier than trading Gold. Is that true?
    No risk - No Failure
    <
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    >/<
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    >

In the sense that more people can afford silver than gold, I'd say yes. Hard to beat gold for transportable wealth, though...

Sakata Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkitty View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Silver Coins and Gold Coins are the basic investment for new traders and investors. And the pawn shop and Gold Parties are not the good places to deal with. Due to the unique properties of Silver, Silver is more attractive to traders and investors. Trading Silver also is easier and easier than trading Gold. Is that true?
    Traders should not be buying coins. They really should not be buying physical bullion either. Traders should still to paper silver as it is much more easily sold. As for new investors, I am not sure. I suspect a lot of newcomers to silver buy junk silver and bullion before they start buying non-junk coins. I have never bought from the pawn shop so I do not have a lot of experience, but they few times I have looked I have found their prices to be inflated. I would stick with online dealers for bullion unless you have a local ship which has good prices. There is really no difference in trading gold and silver: both should be done using paper. Having said that, I believe that trading is not a good idea - way too risky with all the artificially reated paper PM floating arund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakata View Post
    Traders should not be buying coins. They really should not be buying physical bullion either. Traders should still to paper silver as it is much more easily sold. As for new investors, I am not sure. I suspect a lot of newcomers to silver buy junk silver and bullion before they start buying non-junk coins. I have never bought from the pawn shop so I do not have a lot of experience, but they few times I have looked I have found their prices to be inflated. I would stick with online dealers for bullion unless you have a local ship which has good prices. There is really no difference in trading gold and silver: both should be done using paper. Having said that, I believe that trading is not a good idea - way too risky with all the artificially reated paper PM floating arund.
    That's terrible advice. A trader looking to trade in silver should not buy silver but buy a paper derivative in silver online, that is basically what your saying, actually I don't know what your saying, do you know what your saying?
    "The bank hath benefit on the interest on all monies which it creates out of nothing." - Bank of England charter 1694

"the centralization of wealth in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with an exclusive monopoly" - Karl Marx, Communist Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by Cup-of-Ruin View Post
    That's terrible advice......, actually I don't know what your saying, do you know what your saying?
    If you don't know what he's saying you should have left your comment at that.

Trading is a different world than INVESTING. Most traders rely on living in the moment : < 8hrs, < 12, 24, 48 hrs, Maybe a week, a month or two. The paper "trades" works best for those in that "game". As paper(s) are the most liquid on a daily basis. Place your paper for SELL via Internet w/ brokerage firms, or a phone call.
    All these Messageboard sites that Offer BUY and SELL between members , and Auction sites, I have not seen anybody SELLING / TRADING paper Ag or Au. With the only exception being old government currencies, which have become collector items with historic value. No government is obligated to still honor those bills with the Silver or Gold it once garanteed.
    As Sakata said "should not" , Sakata did not say "will not", which is an absolute.
    When the public gets wind of this 100 to 1 ratio JPM and HSBC use to control paper trades I say that "trading" may Dry Up as their is nothing backing up the paper. OR the government sets rules to force larger holding ratios. No other commodity is done so liberally.

An INVESTOR may have physical holdings for YEARS - Decades-Lifetime. Most investor's worry very little about the "Over Spot Premium" as their long term plan makes that premium no big concern. Why worry about a premium you paid for $5.00 T.oz Ag or $325.00 T.oz Au ?
    Last edited by Goldbrix; 13th April 2010 at 10:58.
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbrix View Post
    If you don't know what he's saying you should have left your comment at that.

Trading is a different world than INVESTING. Most traders rely on living in the moment : < 8hrs, < 12, 24, 48 hrs, Maybe a week, a month or two. The paper "trades" works best for those in that "game". As paper(s) are the most liquid on a daily basis. Place your paper for SELL via Internet w/ brokerage firms, or a phone call.
    All these Messageboard sites that Offer BUY and SELL between members , and Auction sites, I have not seen anybody SELLING / TRADING paper Ag or Au. With the only exception being old government currencies, which have become collector items with historic value. No government is obligated to still honor those bills with the Silver or Gold it once garanteed.
    As Sakata said "should not" , Sakata did not say "will not", which is an absolute.
    When the public gets wind of this 100 to 1 ratio JPM and HSBC use to control paper trades I say that "trading" may Dry Up as their is nothing backing up the paper. OR the government sets rules to force larger holding ratios. No other commodity is done so liberally.

An INVESTOR may have physical holdings for YEARS - Decades-Lifetime. Most investor's worry very little about the "Over Spot Premium" as their long term plan makes that premium no big concern. Why worry about a premium you paid for $5.00 T.oz Ag or $325.00 T.oz Au ?
    "Traders should not be buying coins" - Sakata.

"They should not be buying physical bullion either" - Sakata

"Traders should still (stick?) to paper silver as it is much more easily sold" -Sakata

What is 'paper silver'???? Well its a fraud! Do we have paper bananas, do we have paper cars? Why not just say 'idiots should stick to being connned with a fruadulent paper contracts'!!!!

"There really is no difference is trading silver and gold" - Sakata

What paper silver and gold???? Or the silver and gold that exists in reality, because there is a huge diffence between that silver and gold.

"both should be done using paper" - Sakata

What????

"Having said that, I believe that trading is not a good idea"

So after stating that traders should trade only in paper contracts and not real coins or bullion, he then completely contradicts himself.

"Way too risky with all the artificial related paper PM floating around" - Sakata

But you orginally stated that Traders (i.e. someone exchanging a commodity) should only trade in artificial related paper PM ('paper silver'), then you state this is way too risky because its artificial!!!!!
    "The bank hath benefit on the interest on all monies which it creates out of nothing." - Bank of England charter 1694

"the centralization of wealth in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with an exclusive monopoly" - Karl Marx, Communist Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkitty View Post
    John, just for clarity there is a big difference between traders and investors, althought the line between them is hard to define.

Gold and silver anything is not somethng most traders or investors bother with these days , so I assume you are asking about PM coins from the stand point of new traders and investors in precious metals (PM)?

Newbies to precious metals who are neither investors or traders buy almost anything gold or silver from anyone at almost any price because they have not done due diligence .. for proof just look at the cashforgold rip offs that pay 20 cents on the dollar for PM's or the various botique mints that sell gold and silver for twice or more the going value.

To be a investor or a trader as opposed to a sucker you have to do you own due diligence.. you have to know why you want to be in precious metals in the first place and you have to know under what conditions or situations you want to get out of PM's. You have to know what the advantages and disadvantages are of each form and weight of gold and silver is and how they fit in your investment or
    trading goals.

You can get in and out of a physically held position just as fast and just as easy as a paper position most of the time when it comes to common forms of bullion or junk silver if you know what you are doing.. stuff that is more collectable than it is bullion might be harder to unload or at least take longer to get your price.

To know enough to be an actual trader or investor takes months of study and reading... jumping in just because other folks tell you to or tell you gold and silver is for you is just begging to be taken.
    Hi Ho Silver ... Away