Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Coming Short Disaster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming Short Disaster

Default Coming Short Disaster

Now even the Huffington Post is in on it....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan..._b_519893.html

Kudo to the huffington post. I never thought I'd say that. People on the right tell you to hate the huffington post but its funny because I haven't seen any right wing publicatin or tv show talk about this. The right has fallen in with the main stream media and ignored this blockbuster of a story. Yet on glen becks show your bombarded with gold commercials and beck has talked about gold before. I know he was off last week (must be nice considering he had two weeks off in december) so I will hold out hope he talks about it. But sadly thats just a fantasy he will probably ignore it like the hack he is.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler1717 View Post
    Kudo to the huffington post. I never thought I'd say that. People on the right tell you to hate the huffington post but its funny because I haven't seen any right wing publicatin or tv show talk about this. The right has fallen in with the main stream media and ignored this blockbuster of a story. Yet on glen becks show your bombarded with gold commercials and beck has talked about gold before. I know he was off last week (must be nice considering he had two weeks off in december) so I will hold out hope he talks about it. But sadly thats just a fantasy he will probably ignore it like the hack he is.
    Tyler1717 come to think of it that's a good point about the right not talking about this - they don't. With those people it's just the "war on terror" or some other crap. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Jake is offline Silver Seeker Senior Member Site Admin

Last edited by Jake; 10th April 2010 at 13:04.

akak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer1 View Post
    Tyler1717 come to think of it that's a good point about the right not talking about this - they don't. With those people it's just the "war on terror" or some other crap.

That's because the Powers-that-be only want them to play on exaggerated and imaginary fears, not real ones, like economic decline, growing statist authoritarianism and surveillance, and inevitable currency collapse.

"example of a right-leaning paper ignoring the story"

The gold/silver story is completely off the radar of Calgary mass media, although they do occasionally mention Peak Oil because we live and die on the price of petroleum. We have two newspapers: the Calgary Herald (right of centre), by and for the mainstream businessman, and the working-class Calgary Sun (far right), which considers Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan to have been soft on the issues.

Television won't discuss gold or silver because there are no flames, explosions, or wrecked vehicles. They do discuss oil because they can show a pumpjack or a giant haul truck up at the Athabasca Tar Sands. Instead of Ted Butler, silver bugs need a spokesperson who looks like Raquel Welch in her prime and wears low-cut sweaters.
    Things I learned growing up on a cattle ranch: Don't try to climb over the manure pile. Go around it.
    Things I learned in the big city: Don't try to beat the banksters at their own game. Go around them and own physical bullion.

DaleFromCalgary & Akak you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have said it better. Now Jim Sinclair stated (as been posted already) that all this new shorting whistleblowing won't have any effect. God Jim I hope you're wrong!!

Don't forget the possible "force majeure". GATA talked about it at the CFTC meeting. It's a way to avoid having to cover a short position.

is a common clause in contracts which essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term "act of God" (e.g., flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. H

Considering the amount of outright fraud going on in "free markets", it wouldn't surprise me.
    Silver Coins -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer1 View Post
    Tyler1717 come to think of it that's a good point about the right not talking about this - they don't. With those people it's just the "war on terror" or some other crap. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    We also like to spend time shooting our guns and defending your right to say BS like that.

Any other lame brain comments to make while I'm here?
    Silver Coins -

Quote Originally Posted by DaleFromCalgary View Post
    "example of a right-leaning paper ignoring the story"

The gold/silver story is completely off the radar of Calgary mass media, although they do occasionally mention Peak Oil because we live and die on the price of petroleum. We have two newspapers: the Calgary Herald (right of centre), by and for the mainstream businessman, and the working-class Calgary Sun (far right), which considers Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan to have been soft on the issues.

Television won't discuss gold or silver because there are no flames, explosions, or wrecked vehicles. They do discuss oil because they can show a pumpjack or a giant haul truck up at the Athabasca Tar Sands. Instead of Ted Butler, silver bugs need a spokesperson who looks like Raquel Welch in her prime and wears low-cut sweaters.
    I sent it in to Angus Watt [edmonton sun/global tv] No response as of yet.....MAYBE the long weekend?