Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Concern about counterfeits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concern about counterfeits

--------------
    Last edited by munch; 31st May 2010 at 10:31.

Default Non-Issue

While I think it's awesome that you and your wife confer on this subject...I think it would not factor as necessary when considering 10 ozer's. I don't have many of these, but wish I did. I don't believe there's enough risk to warrant concerns if you are purchasing from reputable Mints, online brokers, or local coin shops should you research it a bit. A 100 oz. bar could make some counterfeiter some money, but 10's purchased outside of Asia should be acceptable risk IMO....or minute would be how I put it. If you are picking up no-names off of E-bay...that's a different story and I cannot speak to that as I don't trust the E-bay world. If you can't purchase larger lots...I believe alot of C/Kats here are well versed in the machinations of nickel and dime-ing with a place like Bullion Direct until you can build a supply worth setting in motion s shipment (with charges). Good Luck Stacker!

Curiosity will not kill the C/Kats of SS Nation!

If you were talking about 10 ounce gold or platinum bars then I would be a little concerned, but come on, it's only silver.

Don't worry about 10 oz. fake silver bars...yet. If & when the price of silver rises significantly will be another story.

Relax; just stick to Englehard & Johnson Matthey (JM) extruded or poured bars, and other extruded 10 oz. bars from mints such as "US Assay Office"/"Strategic Stockpile", A-Mark, Sunshine, Silvertowne, PanAM, WSM (Wall Street Mint), WWM (World Wide Mint), etc.

Probably hard to drill 10oz bars(?), 100oz much different story.

When premiums are high, I say stick to brand name rounds closest to spot. When premiums are down, get ASEs, Maples or Phils.

RM

Default Grindage....for Munch and his wife

This Cat needs to cut down on his caffeine intake, but you may see his point in the vid. There's alot of players out there in a list you could select from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE8PvNkRCzY

Curiosity will not kill the C/Kats of SS Nation!

Default Fyi

Anybody into PMs should spent the few bucks for a scale and calipers. A few quick measurements and an actual weight pretty much confirms the item in question.

Spreading the cost over the value of your entire stash makes it "pennies on the dollar expense".
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

I wonder?? Counterfeits?? What will happen with the value of Silver. Fake and low value or get loss?
    No risk - No Failure
    <
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    >/<
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    >

I have only ever seen fake 1oz pandas from ebay sellers in China. However if silver climbs over the next decade to the levels I anticipate then I expect the issue of fakes to become more prevalent.

How can i educate myself the best way.. Young and dumb with ambitions