Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

1901 $5 Liberty Gold Half Eagle

Thread: 1901 $5 Liberty Gold Half Eagle

Default 1901 $5 Liberty Gold Half Eagle

What can you guys tell me about the value of this coin?

I have a chance to trade for one, but I know nothing about old Gold coins.

What kind of trade value does it have?

I think they are about 90% gold 10% copper, but I don't know the karat weight.

Worth getting as a metal?(I'm not a coin collector, just interested in pure PM weight)
    TIA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sakata Guest

It contains 0.2419 oz of 90% gold, making its current melt value around $265. But that is irrelevant. Much more important is the grade. Its catalog value ranges from $335 for Fine to $460 to MS60. So it all depends on its condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakata View Post
    It contains 0.2419 oz of 90% gold, making its current melt value around $265. But that is irrelevant. Much more important is the grade. Its catalog value ranges from $335 for Fine to $460 to MS60. So it all depends on its condition.
    I could not have said it better Sakata, Good work.
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra