Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SLV trading at a PREMIUM...Higher Silver Prices Soon?

Thread: SLV trading at a PREMIUM...Higher Silver Prices Soon?

Default SLV trading at a PREMIUM...Higher Silver Prices Soon?

SLV is TRADING at a HIGHER PREMIUM

Today, the SLV is trading at a 4-5 cent premium over the Kitco Silver Spot price. Here are the numbers as of 3:22 EST:

KITCO SILVER = +$0.02 @ $17.46
    SLV SILVER = +$0.06 @ $17.11

The SLV does trade lower to the spot price due to its NAV - Net Asset Value of 98.086% dated March 16, according to the iShares Silver ETF website. The last time the SLV traded at a $0.06 premium, the very next day the Silver Spot priced jumped up $.50+. We will see tomorrow if this Premium basis tool still holds true.

I have been watching the SLV for part of the day and this premium has even reached 7 cents. It trades between 4-5 cents higher than the Kitco spot price.

Again....we will see if this plays out tomorrow as it has in the past. If so....we Gold and Silver bugs have another tool to put in our toolbox against the nasty manipulators of JP MORGAN and HSBC.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Normally when the SLV trades at a premium, it does so because there is a tightness in the markets. Gene Arensberg came out with his weekly COT report and analysis on Gold and Silver commenting that both were in a minor backwardation last week. Backwardation normally means tightness in the physical market.

Remember, I posted that Brinks added a whopping 5 million ounces to its Registered catagory on the Comex Warehouse Depository on Friday March 12. This is very strange as Brinks had only 13 million total ounces of silver in its warehouse before it added that 5 mil. HSBC is the king daddy with over 49 million ounces.

Anyhow....SOMETHING FISHY THIS WAY BLOWS
    Last edited by SRSrocco; 17th March 2010 at 15:54.

main1event Guest

You're reading to much into it. Sometimes it closes below or above the change in price because of speculators. Typically its within .35 of the price of silver. It used to be only .20 difference at one time.

Default You have missed the point ol chap...

Quote Originally Posted by main1event View Post
    You're reading to much into it. Sometimes it closes below or above the change in price because of speculators. Typically its within .35 of the price of silver. It used to be only .20 difference at one time.
    You are talking about the NAV....I am talking about the PREMIUM DIFFERENCE. The SLV always trades lower due to the costs associated with the SLV. Again....I am talking about the SLV basis - difference between SLV and SPOT PRICE at a given time. Most trading days when you look at your SLV ticker and the KITCO Ticker they will both say +$.15 or something. This is different than the NAV which always trades lower than the Spot price my friend.

For example....yesterday, the SLV and KITCO SPOT price were almost exactly the same throughout the day. If the SLV was up $.30, so was the KITCO spot price. No SLV premium yesterday.

Tom Szabo who runs the SilverAxis website has been using this tool for quite some time. Again...we will wait and see what the markets do tomorrow. Do not confuse the NAV difference with the PREMIUM difference.
    Last edited by SRSrocco; 17th March 2010 at 16:06.

Talking slv

SO its a wash again?????????
    Well its news anyhow lets see how it does.
    of one mine

main1event Guest

I think Silver will be trading higher regardless. lol

Default both GLD and SLV are trading at a Premium

GLD and SLV trading at PREMIUM

The GLD and SLV are both trading at high premiums....March 18th. I have never seen both trade this way.

Here are following quotes as of 9:41 EST:

GLD GOLD = +$ .57 or $5.70
    KITCO GOLD = -$0.10

SLV SILVER = +$0.07
    KITCO SILVER = -$0.02

The GLD is trading at almost a $6.00 premium over the Kitco Gold Spot Price and the SLV is trading 8-9 cents more than the Kitco Silver Spot price. The Premium of Silver is even stronger than yesterday's 4-5 cents....actually double.

There must be a tightness in the physical bullion markets, so the speculators are paying a premium to trade the GLD and SLV ETFS. Something interesting is going on here. Again....this normally means the KITCO Spot price will rise substancially at some point in time.
    Last edited by SRSrocco; 18th March 2010 at 11:08.