Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Metrosexuals and other scary evidence of evolution
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metrosexuals and other scary evidence of evolution

Default Metrosexuals and other scary evidence of evolution

Whatever happened to the days when men like this guy really walked the streets of America? By the time this film was produced they had literally become an endangered species! Not too ironically they are an endangered species in Australia now too but you'll never the PETA crowd crying to protect them from extinction!!

Why isn't Bob Barker on TV screaming "save the "males"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4

Best book I ever read was "Wild At Heart" by John Eldredge. It teaches males how to be real, authentic, men.

Now... if only the females had some sort of companion book on how to be a lady...
    "Scenes are now to take place as will open the eyes of credulity and of insanity itself, to the dangers of a paper medium abandoned to the discretion of avarice and of swindlers." --Thomas Jefferson 1814

There is a very good book ( and 4 year course) on how to be a proper "Lady"

http://www.usma.edu/class/2010/Info%...010.%20pdf.pdf

Also covers being a gentleman as well....

For those guys that wannabe tough guys ( aka real men ).. heck if ya really really wannabe... here ya go..

https://secure.military.com/Recruiti...army%20rangers

Oh! Silver .. lets see I have some silver here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061601551.html
    Last edited by TheLoneRanger; 15th March 2010 at 22:08. Reason: added a plug for the boys from me "MSG (Ret) Lone Ranger US Army Ord Corps Special Weapons"
    Hi Ho Silver ... Away

Sakata Guest

As this thread is listed in the "silver market" forum I can only assume that knife was made of silver. I can't figure out how you knew.

By the way, People for the Ethical Treatment of Australians is more concerns with the aborigines than the crocodile hunters.

The public school system won't allow boys to become real men. Then there are all the female teachers which make up the majority. They can't even play tag anymore. Then there is the threat of Ritalin if they get caught ACTING like boys.

The girls, on the other hand are taught to be more like boys. The last I heard the new in thing in high school was girls pumping iron and taking steroids to be "more manly".

Just what this country needs in the future to protect itself from the police state. Hairy legged, beastial "women" and "ubersexual" boys that never grew into men.

It's pretty scary. It's also child abuse and extremely dimented.
    Last edited by Trvlr45; 15th March 2010 at 22:02.

This IS kind of a strange place for a discussion on girly-men and butch women, isn't it? I thought I saw "silver market" up there somewhere.

Sakata Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trvlr45 View Post
    The public school system won't allow boys to become real men. Then there are all the female teachers which make up the majority. They can't even play tag anymore. Then there is the threat of Ritalin if they get caught ACTING like boys.

The girls, on the other hand are taught to be more like boys. The last I heard the new in thing in high school was girls pumping iron and taking steroids to be "more manly".

Just what this country needs in the future to protect itself from the police state. Hairy legged, beastial "women" and "ubersexual" boys that never grew into men.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ss-person.html

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those generational things, where I just can't see eye to eye with the majority on this board, but here goes anyways...

I for one am happy that the traditional man stereotype has started to go by the wayside. I look at my parent's and grand parent's generations for an idea of the masculine ideal you seem to be upset is missing, and I'm not convinced we've really lost much. Most of my friends' fathers rarely cook for their family (0-2 times a week), they rarely do the laundry, they're not exactly easy to talk to about most things, they tend to be moderately sexist, racist, and cool to their wives. Granted, that's only from my limited view point, but regardless, from where I'm typing I can't see any tragic consequences from the death of this male stereotype.

If you wear girl's jeans, or tight pink shirts, or have long hair, you're not any less manly than any other guy. If you love to cook or bake (guilty) or read Jane Austin or if you want to be a nurse, you're not any more or less manly than some other guy.

The only real, important test of being a man should be that you're willing to do whatever it takes to keep those you love safe, and to take care of them and provide for them no matter how difficult things are. Anything else is purely decoration and completely insubstantial.

Yeah, having come out of high school a few years back I can safely that's just not true. Sophomore through senior year I spent every every gym class in the weight room and I never saw or heard of any girls who were taking steroids or even lifting to an excessive degree. And that includes the high-ranked female wrestler on my school's team. I've never heard of that from any high school nearby, either. The idea that 'the new thing' in High school was for girls to take steroids is pure fantasy.

whats really ironic is that the "Crocodile hunter" is really an actor wearing make up..... just saying... maybe all the real men should be getting color consultations at Macy's and taking acting classes like John Wayne to act and look more manly?

Oh wait.. maybe not John Wayne

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...wayne_gay.html

maybe Rock Hudson... oh wait.. nevermind....
    Last edited by TheLoneRanger; 16th March 2010 at 00:30.
    Hi Ho Silver ... Away

DO A 4 YEAR HITCH I N THE MARINE CORP, by the time you are 22, you will not be a boy anymore. Try it, You'll Like it !!
    '