Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

This down trend is ending - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This down trend is ending

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer1 View Post
    Hey Sakata there you go. Good move. The Canadians don't have anywhere near the financial woes we (me not included) idiot Americans have. Banking system is much more stable than here.
    Sakata be careful of SLV. I had about 1,200 oz. in SLV but switched to Central Fund of Canada. Their systems are much more stable and honest than ours here. Physical is best but I'll take CFC over SLV any day of the week.
    I'm not sure of all the dynamics involved with CFC, other than to say that they claim to hold 90% of their assets as silver & gold bullion.

As for banking institutions, speaking as a Canadian, I would still not rely on any of them no matter how good their reputations because as far as I'm concerned they're all a facade. You should realize that since the early 1990s Canadian banks no longer require any reserves. That's right! The amount they need in reserves is ZERO! How’s that for a strategic advantage? I suppose that makes it impossible to have a run on a bank until there's a negative balance on the bank's side. Granted, the Canadian banking system does have a history of stability, but nothing lasts forever, especially in light of what is now continuing to take place around the financial world.

There are three other noteworthy concerns of which you should be aware. Just like in Austalia, there's a real estate bubble in Canada that still needs to burst. That process has gotten underway in certain areas of the country, but still not enough to call it more than a pin prick in a giant tractor tire.

The next concern is the likelyhood of who's indirectly in charge of things, financially, as evidenced by the fact that Mark Carney was appointed on December 5, 2007, as the Governor of The Bank of Canada. His position is the equivalent to Ben Bernanke's position as The Chairman of Federal Reserve. Before joining the public service, Carney had a thirteen-year career with Goldman Sachs in its London, Tokyo, New York and Toronto offices. Hmmm, imagine that! What are the chances!? Funny how life is sometimes full of such unusual coincidences.

Last, but not least, is the fact that Canada's biggest trading partner is the USA. Over 80% of our total exports flow into the US, so it would be ridiculous to say that we are somehow insulated from America's woes. The "Great Depression" occurred in Canada just as it did in the USA, & this time will be no different. Relative to then, it could be worse, as there were far less than 80% of our total exports which went to the the US in those days. Even now, our Prime Minister is working towards increasing the volume of trade to other countries. However, only so much trade can be shifted away to the rest of the world. In the meantime, our strengthening dollar will hurt our ability to export, anywhere, anyhow.

The only thing that I can presume is that our economy might fair slightly better & hold up slightly longer than some, but no economy or currency will remain a safe haven in the long run.
    All original wealth comes out of the ground.

Default Boat Load Of Silver

NOW THAT I HAVE A BOAT LOAD OF SILVER shoud I kiss away the Palladium Bars and Auto Parts business that has been growing??????????

Get A Life People

9 SOMETHYING pm. time to kiss the mans ass. go to bed. f/ the promises, time to suck it up.

Default Amen Brother

Might Hire That Person

Default no

Good luck to ya all and you would love to say goodnight. been a ted fan tell e sominthg. thr end

Can everybody here see where the market is going now?

Strike up the "Bollinger Band" cause its party time in Silver city!!

What do you think about usd index, Kat? Bright future lies right ahead, yes?

Pay no attention to the fundamental laws of economics the dollar index reflects the truth.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...=0001548493105

Default Yes....I am affraid your Dead...

US DOLLAR is DEAD

It's just a matter of time before the US Citizens and the world realize that the old GREEN GHOST is DEAD. The United States peaked as a society in the 1960-70 period. Even though we have been growing our SUBURBAN LEECH AND SPEND ECONOMY for the past 3-4 decades, we have done it by exporting inflation and using the military to influence third world countries to STAY INLINE.

People who think we went into IRAQ because of WMD's, fall into the MORON catagory. The US went into Iraq because Saddam was selling oil in Euros instead of dollars. Guess who is selling oil in Euros and not dollars recently?? Guess?? That's right IRAN. Who is the next country that is going to get a BOMB BUSTER ENEMA? Iran. According to some sources, the US is ready to level Iran.

I think it would be very unwise for the United States to do such a Stupid and Silly attack, but hey, if you can't afford ones way of life, its easier to Bomb the living hell out of someone else and take the booty. This has been going on for thousands of years.

Anyhow....the US Dollar is Dead. How many months or a few years it has left will be up to the CLOWNS and MAGICIANS running the show. This is going to be a big bummer for Americans who have enjoyed the lifestyle called, "I GET TO EAT....while you GET TO WORK."
    Last edited by SRSrocco; 16th March 2010 at 15:41.