Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Now that the air is clearer..on to next week! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now that the air is clearer..on to next week!

Wink It is never too late.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterQ View Post
    Hello my friends. (snip)
    I'm currently sitting on the sidelines since being stopped out at 16.50 (and we dropped to 14.68 after that) thinking my bigger purchase in the 18's would have netted me at least another 10-12% profit but I already explained that above.
    (snip)
    Clearly that sub $15 was a bottom.
    At least to me.

Now up over 15%.

You.... missed that?

Wow!
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Default A word of wisdom....

It's the Longterm Trends Baby...

I see we still have a percentage of people who think they are smarter than than JP MORGAN, HSBC and the US TREASURY-FED. Yes, individuals can make some profits in trading Silver and Gold, but in the end, would have done better buying earlier and holding. I starting buying silver in 2002 at $4.80 an ounce and have bought most of my gold between $480-$520. Most traders only speak about their WINS and not their LOSSES.

We never know when the paper markets will seize up, markets close and a new Bank Holiday is instituted. If you have your money in the market at this time, it may be both frustrating and unnerving. There has been speculation that the SLV and GLD do not have the metal they say they contain. Ted Butler stated in a recent interview that the SLV just liquidated 5 million ounces of silver in the SLV. This is quite interesting as the SLV has been increasing silver in its ETF for 3 years.

If we look at the COMEX inventories, something interesting took place on Friday last, March 12:

COMEX SILVER INVENTORIES MARCH 12

Brinks Received in Registered= +5,033,494

As many of you already know, there are 2 catagories in the Comex Inventory status:

Registered = The registered category is metal that is available
    to be delivered against warehouse receipts. This is essentially inventory
    belonging to the commercial dealers.

Eligible = is inventory that is not available for delivery against
    futures contracts. It is being stored in the COMEX warehouses by its owners.

Brinks is the smallest of the 4 Warehouse Depositories including the Delaware Depository, Scotia Mocatta, and HSBC of NY. Why they took such a large order compared to their total holdings is quite interesting.

Regardless, there is continued speculation that the SLV and GLD will trade at a lower spot price to physical when the system disintegrates as the metal may not be there to back the ETF value. Folks who are trading paper Gold and Silver will find out this may have been more trouble than it was worth.

If you bought your GOLD and SILVER and held on to it, you will realize in the end...you did the best watching others play day-trader.
    Last edited by SRSrocco; 16th March 2010 at 11:49.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Clearly that sub $15 was a bottom.
    At least to me.

Now up over 15%.

You.... missed that?

Wow!
    I don't paper trade.

I leverage 1000oz bars.

When I take a hit like that, though minor, I'm not willing to risk such moves in an extra volatile market.

Your going to tell me you saw 14.68 coming and got in? Ok...good for you.

I'm saying with 14.68 on the radar and we have been going sideways in the 17's since that I'm willing to wait out any more dramatic dips.

When the summer comes in that is when I will make my next long purchase.

Till then if we have 3, 5, 10, 15%! moves from lows, they are not risks I'm willing to take.

Take from it what you will but mocking isn't going to get you anywhere with me.

-Q
    *DISCLAIMER*
    All responses are IMO and are strictly for reference ONLY! I am not responsible if you decided to act on any matter I discuss. Any understanding and action engaged after reading is purely yours.

Have a Nice Day!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default The Air is looking much clearer....and improved!

Check out the attached long term chart.

This is a 15 month up trend still in place. $17 is now both short term and long term support.

I posted a similar chart at the beginning of March (see March 1 on chart) and suggested that the bottom could be in if the price gets above the lower channel trend line. As you can see, silver has accompolished that. So obviously I agree with silverheart. Silver has bottomed and we are headed up!

Now for MasterQ's cautionary outlook.......I realize that you think there will be (like clockwork) a seasonal correction hitting silver. Happens every march right? If you look at 2009, 08, 07 you'll see that preceeding the March declines, there were Jan-Mar rallies. Didnt happen this year. Silver got nailed in Dec and again in Jan. So much for seasonal rallies! If you look at 2006 you'll see hat there was a Jan-Mar rally but no Mar decline. Silver kept right on chugging. I dont give much chance to silver going to $14 at this point. The short term is too positive. It has began a very constructive move from below the long term trendline. IMO silver will very soon take out resistance at $17.40-$17.50 and then on to resistance at $18.25-$18.50.

PS......regardless of all the volatilaty, silver remains in an up trend. The trend is your friend!
    MasterQ.....Till then if we have 3, 5, 10, 15%! moves from lows, they are not risks I'm willing to take.
    Relayer......So you are only willing to buy/sell on 25-50% moves. If you are wrong then you do nothing and silver continues to go up?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Relayer; 16th March 2010 at 23:04.

Default Be a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterQ View Post
    I don't paper trade.

I leverage 1000oz bars.

When I take a hit like that, though minor, I'm not willing to risk such moves in an extra volatile market.

Your going to tell me you saw 14.68 coming and got in? Ok...good for you.
    (snip)
    As a matter of fact I told YOU specifically.

More than once.

Yes I got in but I can only get involved at 1% of your level. Still yes, "good for me" indeed.

Take from it what you will but mocking isn't going to get you anywhere with me.
    -Q
    I am not trying to get anywhere with you, but don't interpret my posts as mocking.
    Just as you attempt, I advise the community.
    Perhaps a bit more concisely and accurately?
    Jealous?
    I'd really like to see MasterQ participate in the April SLV "guru trader" contest against me and show your stuff.
    Based on your posts, you surely seem to have the time and interest.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

In MQs defense he is a good analyst but he is a bit "myopic" whereas I and many others here who dabble in TA at all tend to monitor the long-term charts and fundamentals. When I have tried my hand at short-term TA for silver/gold I have done alright as my posting record clearly reflects but I also found that it is impossible to predict short term moves more than 4 hours away from when they start.......and more importantly the energy required including lack of sleep to stay on top of the news etc. is way to demanding for anyone who is not an insomniac which is why I had to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katwoman View Post
    In MQs defense he is a good analyst but he is a bit "myopic" whereas I and many others here who dabble in TA at all tend to monitor the long-term charts and fundamentals. When I have tried my hand at short-term TA for silver/gold I have done alright as my posting record clearly reflects but I also found that it is impossible to predict short term moves more than 4 hours away from when they start.......and more importantly the energy required including lack of sleep to stay on top of the news etc. is way to demanding for anyone who is not an insomniac which is why I had to give it up.
    MasterQ needs no defense, he is a great forum member. I hope any and all exchanges are for the good.

As far as predictions, I too can not predict moves very reliably except what comes my way from the flow.
    I am getting pretty good at picking up on that and relaying it.

Mostly I too am using TA to try and guess short term moves and if I can get to 2 out of 3 right, I'd be quite happy.

Being a degreed engineer I appreciate pattern recognition (TA) as much as the next man, but as you may have surmised in this manipulated environment, there are other bigger factors that OVERRIDE any patterns.
    Bottom line Katwoman, it is nothing to lose sleep over, because que sera, sera.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    que sera, sera.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

Talking

dollar and silver fight

I know you guys are bullish so am but I am more long term. I think we could have a drop back to 14-15 range only cause of the big investors like you said taking profits. Not to mention again we are running dry on cash and just like centralpa not too many of us have it to buy. CHina is probably not going to buy much more right away as far as thier public is concerned. Basically everyone is globally in the same place cash wise. Mostly I know the big guys will be able to move the PMs which ever way they feel about the markets. Could the dollar pop? maybe its not an imposibility, not matter how low so far this year it does pop whenever the conditions permit. I do think that when not if we get out completely from the recession we will be buying PM's even more cause this is the lesson we learned. In times like thses we run to the PM's for safety. In good times PMs recede back to lower normal prices. Also the demand is less after a long trend of good jobs lots of O.T. and free money. The markets also attract the get rich quick guys. On the upside for sustainable prices the manufacuring will keep higher normal prices once they start to grease the machines of production. WHat Im really saying in short we know the price will pop for PMs but we know theres not many of us as usual who will cause the money isnt there yet. I would buy 1000OZ if I could but I have to wait til maybe april but even then with that much money I may not buy anyway I might buy something else or save some. I know theres a lot of people who are geared for saving now, how they save and how long will say a lot about the future of PMs.
    I also mentioned it looks to be headed down for me in another post. However any positive news just seems to be washed out with something else. In addition for the next 4-5 months I see only the negative side. Just my opinion Q.

of one mine

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by of one mine View Post
    I also mentioned it looks to be headed down for me in another post. However any positive news just seems to be washed out with something else. In addition for the next 4-5 months I see only the negative side. Just my opinion Q.

of one mine

[/QUOTE]

after this run

I agree