PDA

View Full Version : How Much Money Can They Print??

LETMYSILVERGO
30th January 2010, 21:06
At some point the fed will have to shut down the printing presses ???

It's like we are doing each other laundry, I pay you, you pay me, I we all live happily forever ???

Is there a Plan to Stop Printing More ???

Ardent Listener
30th January 2010, 21:11

It's like we are doing each other laundry, I pay you, you pay me, I we all live happily forever ???

I posted the first of five videos in the current events section, but here it is again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU0XiklHPMc&feature=related

A little patience and time spent watching them may help answer a lot of our questions about the fed and its debt. To answer your question, no, we will have to shut down the fed first.

AgShaman
30th January 2010, 21:24
They will stop when the people of the world stop making babies.

Or when they realize they can't control your carbon footprint or your selection of fireplace tinder.

Perhaps if they convince the elitists to institute a society of "electronic money" rather than their eugenics programs.

Curiosity will not kill the C/Kats of SS Nation!

realmoney
30th January 2010, 21:52

No, no plan to stop. But the crazy thing is, all the printing will have little effect on the deflationary pressures we're experiencing now. A drop in the bucket (which has a large hole in the bottom).

LETMYSILVERGO
30th January 2010, 22:28
I posted the first of five videos in the current events section, but here it is again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU0XiklHPMc&feature=related

A little patience and time spent watching them may help answer a lot of our questions about the fed and its debt. To answer your question, no, we will have to shut down the fed first.

WELL I WATCHED ALL THE YOU TUBE VIDS & like the Bob Seager Song " Running against the Wind "

" I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN"

Weeeee's are soooooooo Screwed!!

Ardent Listener
30th January 2010, 22:54
WELL I WATCHED ALL THE YOU TUBE VIDS & like the Bob Seager Song " Running against the Wind "

" I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN"

Weeeee's are soooooooo Screwed!!

Really something isn't it? I wonder what would happen if they took off televison programs like 'Say yes to the dress' and put those videos on instead? You couldn't make up stuff like this.

Cup-of-Ruin
31st January 2010, 05:51

No, I think the end result will be just more of what we have seen just much worse, the gov will go to the Fed and ask for more money, the Fed will print it and lend it to them, the gov. will spend the money on increasingly grandiose bureaurcratic nightmarish schemes that will outdo Stalin and Mao in shear scale of utter wastefulness. Unemployment will increase, productivity will decrease, the private industry of individuals will squeezed into just having to stop and shut up shop, the gov, will essentially become the entire market place, which will lead to inflation, as taxes decrease, gov. revenue decreases, but their expenses and outgoings increase, so need more money, back to the Fed - ask for more, 'please sir, can I have some more?', Fed says 'sure', gov goes and spends it all on 200 million lead chandelliers, they declare that every house in America needs a lead chandellier, and they build dozens of huge chandellier factories all over America, and the almost the entire workforce of America begins work on 200 million lead chandelliers, and after 2 years, ( a record announces the Ministry of Work) every house in America recieves a chandelliar, almost immediately there is a problem, the chandelliers are too heavy being made of lead they are all crashing down to the floor bringing the ceilings and roofs down with them, thousands are killed, crushed to death!

The question arises, 'why were the chandelliers made of lead?'

In answer The Gov declare war on chandelliers and lead, it is now a crime for anybody to own a chandellier or lead, all lead is an enemy of the state, and must be collected and carried to the North Pole! Etc, Etc,

manu ginobili
31st January 2010, 07:50
Just one point here.Problem you have over there is same all over world.
Too many people expect something from government and also too many people expect somebody else will solve their problem.People always vote for same politicians and very rarely do something to change situation.Yes, government is doing wrong things but I somehow believe people have government they deserve and voted for.Completely same is over here in Europe.Real question is why are people so silent when it is so obvioius what is government doing?I think this is in fact main problem.
We will see how will people react to real crisis.That will prove(or maybe although unlikely disaprove)that it is not only government to blame.

DaleFromCalgary
31st January 2010, 09:04
"Is there a Plan to Stop Printing More ???"

Setting aside the fact that there is no plan and they're just making it up as they go along, neither are they printing money. They are just adding some zeroes to the Federal Reserve database computer. It's all done with electrons.

Jake
31st January 2010, 15:07
``````````````

Sakata
31st January 2010, 15:32
"How Much Money Can They Print??"

Well I guess it depends on how big their data disk is. I will obviously be measured in units much bigger than terabytes, maybe in exabytes. They can use all that space to record how many zeroes there are on the end of the amount they print. So just how big a number can you store in one exabyte? Let's see.

One exabyte is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes. Which means you can store 256 to the power of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 different numbers. Given that 256 to the power of 1,000 is too big to store in Excel then I don't think we even need to worry about reaching a limit.

LETMYSILVERGO
31st January 2010, 16:32
"How Much Money Can They Print??"

Well I guess it depends on how big their data disk is. I will obviously be measured in units much bigger than terabytes, maybe in exabytes. They can use all that space to record how many zeroes there are on the end of the amount they print. So just how big a number can you store in one exabyte? Let's see.

One exabyte is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes. Which means you can store 256 to the power of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 different numbers. Given that 256 to the power of 1,000 is too big to store in Excel then I don't think we even need to worry about reaching a limit.

ZIMBOBWEA HERE WE COME