PDA

View Full Version : The SCOTT heard around the world!!

Katwoman
19th January 2010, 22:19
Thank you Massachusetts!!

Hey Steve did you vote for Scott Brown?

UmassSteve
19th January 2010, 22:24
No ma'am. But I'm not terribly upset. Even though I agree with more of Coakley's policies it was impossible for me to get an ounce of excitement for the woman.

Now we'll just see if its true that Brown was playing far more liberal than he actually is, as many expect.

Relayer
19th January 2010, 22:29
Obama may be as puzzled as anyone by his party's inability to keep the Senate seat long held by liberal icon Edward M. Kennedy. The president "was both surprised and frustrated" by developments in the Coakley-Brown contest, spokesman Robert Gibbs said while voting continued Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_massachusetts_senate_analysis

Katwoman
19th January 2010, 22:55
This administration is always encountering unexpected news whether it be on the economy or on how the people are feeling about healthcare reform because it is an elitist bunch out of touch with the American people.

Argentum
19th January 2010, 23:00
Well I'll be hog tied with an apple in my mouth!

I would have NEVER thunk it could happen.

Maybe there are some "silver" linings in them clouds of debt.

But keep in mind he don't get to the hill for another 15 days!!!!! That means they can still push it.....

SilverJim
19th January 2010, 23:20
Anything to slow down the disaster that is our government is welcome. Have no illusions though, this government is a trainwreck which will have terrible consequences for us all under the best possible scenario. What I see most is the some of the sheeple looked up today..baaaaaaaa. Whether they see the wolves circling is another matter.

DugSilver
19th January 2010, 23:29
Brown specifically made a reference in his victory speech to, and I paraphrase, "use taxpayer money on weapons to take care of these guys, instead of paying for their lawyers," referring to I assume the GITMO detainees and terrorists worldwide.

As far as silver is concerned, it doesn't matter where the money is spent as long as we keep spending it. We have to remember that Republicans have shown an equal ability to toss the dollars around, and I doubt they learned how to refrain from that overnight.

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 00:01
Scott's daughter Ayla Brown singing the national athem.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5SGSr6kXY

I just thought this was so fitting given the importance of his win.

We have made the first step in taking our country back tonight.

God bless America

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 00:04
Brown specifically made a reference in his victory speech to, and I paraphrase, "use taxpayer money on weapons to take care of these guys, instead of paying for their lawyers," referring to I assume the GITMO detainees and terrorists worldwide.

As far as silver is concerned, it doesn't matter where the money is spent as long as we keep spending it. We have to remember that Republicans have shown an equal ability to toss the dollars around, and I doubt they learned how to refrain from that overnight.

Using tax payer money to defend the nation is constitutional. Using tax payer money to pay for lawyers for those who attack us is nonsense.

admthrwn
20th January 2010, 00:23
Using tax payer money to defend the nation is constitutional. Using tax payer money to pay for lawyers for those who attack us is nonsense.

Using taxpayer money to fund wars of aggression, and preemptive wars, wars without a declaration from congress, and stimulus packages like Republican Bush's "tax break". Adding grossly to the military industrial complex, taking away out liberties with the Patriot Act. Along with a myriad of other **** to go along with it. Yours truly Republicans. NOT constitutional.

Kat, I love ya. But you tout this Dem Vs. Republican way too much. Please realize that both parties are equally as fucked up. Anything short of a "Ron Paul" conservative is a loss.

Smokey-Seven
20th January 2010, 05:34
Katwoman said, "Thank you Massachusetts!!"

....and ccjoe and smokey take a bow. It's a good start. Wait for November and do YOUR part!

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 06:06
Using taxpayer money to fund wars of aggression, and preemptive wars, wars without a declaration from congress, and stimulus packages like Republican Bush's "tax break". Adding grossly to the military industrial complex, taking away out liberties with the Patriot Act. Along with a myriad of other **** to go along with it. Yours truly Republicans. NOT constitutional.

Kat, I love ya. But you tout this Dem Vs. Republican way too much. Please realize that both parties are equally as fucked up. Anything short of a "Ron Paul" conservative is a loss.

Nonsense Scott Brown is a lot closer to Ron Paul than Martha Coakley will ever be. You can't keep blaming Bush and looking backward. We need to fix the GOP cause if we do not we are screwed. There is a reason Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Rand Paul etc are Republicans and it is not because they think the entire party is a bunch of Bush cronies and cannot be saved. The GOP has included some of the greatest politicians in history while DemoRats have bought you the FED, the IRS, confiscated your gold, and tried to ram government run healthcare reform down your throat. If you cannot see that one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch that is too bad. Bush is gone.....so get over it. The DemoRats have been in control of congress for 3 years and yet we continue to fight wars of "aggression" but now we are paying for lawyers for the original aggressors who started the fight.

Scott Brown is good man, a good father, a good husband and he will make a great senator.

The second American revolution has begun in Massachusetts with "the Scott heard around the world".

Gino
20th January 2010, 06:43
Yes, I heard it driving home from work tonight. So that was at least half way around the world in the opposite hemisphere. A previously safe democrat seat going to a republican. Taking the shine of the Obama presidency and demonstrating a growing level of dissatisfaction against him, was how they played it here. And he's "not going to vote for the health care bill . . . unless there are a few significant changes made."

Oh, my. It's going to be so different this time. He's already looking to pork barrel proposed bills. Ra, ra, ra. Change we can believe in, blah, blah, blah.

I am amazed at the public's willingness to keep hoping for political salvation.

silverheartbone
20th January 2010, 07:15
Yes, I heard it driving home from work tonight. So that was at least half way around the world in the opposite hemisphere. A previously safe democrat seat going to a republican. Taking the shine of the Obama presidency and demonstrating a growing level of dissatisfaction against him, was how they played it here. And he's "not going to vote for the health care bill . . . unless there are a few significant changes made."

Oh, my. It's going to be so different this time. He's already looking to pork barrel proposed bills. Ra, ra, ra. Change we can believe in, blah, blah, blah.

I am amazed at the public's willingness to keep hoping for political salvation.

Exactly.

The congress is too corrupted for any one change in face to make any real difference.

Burticus
20th January 2010, 07:25
The second American revolution has begun...

That's what they said in 1994 and 2000. It didn't happen. Instead, things have continued to get progressively worse.

This is only a rerun of the Elephant 'n Jackass Show episode where the beat-up elephant puppet clocks the jackass puppet back, as the children applaud.

At best, yesterday's erection results may be a temporary impediment to the 'rat party's total control of the totalitarian police state.

The new Tea Party political party is puppeteered by 'con party insiders and cheerleaders. You can stick a fork in the Constitution Party too.

Sadly, I am forced to accept that a political solution is no longer attainable in the time remaining.

silversurfer1
20th January 2010, 07:28
This is great news - the Democrats were completely out of control.

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 08:30
It is unreasonable to think that we the people cannot fix this country via popular vote and it would be apathetic not to at least try........would you prefer we just resort immediately to a violent revolution instead?

This was an unprecedented outcome in a Democratic stronghold. Whether you believe it will lead to real change in DC or not it is nevertheless already having an impact on the attitude of those of us who believe we can take this country back via a peaceful revolution.

Those of you who see everybody who runs for political office as just another shill are wrong. There are many good people out there who want to help in various capacities to restore the republic. Second guessing the motives a man with an A rating from the NRA who has served this country his entire life beginning with his enlistment in the National Guard is not productive. Every step in the "correct" direction is one that is not in the "wrong" direction.

Apathy and/or day dreaming about a third party that reflects the values of enough Americans to effect meaningful change coming along to resolve our problems is nonsensical and futile.

God bless Scott Brown and God bless America.

admthrwn
20th January 2010, 08:44

Scott Brown is good man, a good father, a good husband and he will make a great senator.

Oh I'm sorry. You know him personally?

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 09:51
Oh I'm sorry. You know him personally?

A friend of my husband's who is from Wakefield Mass went to high school with him and I have spoken with him myself too.

skijake
20th January 2010, 11:07
Just wondering, If Teddy would have retired for medical reasons instead of passing in office would there still have been a special election or does someone [Kennedy or the Govenor maybe] get to pick his successor?
Blaygoavick [misspelled I'm sure] just picked a successor for Illinois last year but I think that was a corruption issue [ironic].
Thinking if Teddy knew he was a goner and held on to the very end maybe he cost the Dems a seat with his ego. Just a thought.:confused:

SilverJim
20th January 2010, 11:16
Just wondering, If Teddy would have retired for medical reasons instead of passing in office would there still have been a special election or does someone [Kennedy or the Govenor maybe] get to pick his successor?
Blaygoavick [misspelled I'm sure] just picked a successor for Illinois last year but I think that was a corruption issue [ironic].
Thinking if Teddy knew he was a goner and held on to the very end maybe he cost the Dems a seat with his ego. Just a thought.:confused:

Haven't you heard? In MA, it used to be the the governor picks someone to fill any unexpired senate term. When Romney was governor, the Dems in MA got scared, in 2004, that he would appoint a republican to fill Kerry's seat when Kerry won the presidency so they changed the law to require a special election to fill it confident a Dem would win it. Now they have a Dem governor and you know the rest. Isn't irony ironic? :rolleyes:

skijake
20th January 2010, 11:51
Haven't you heard? In MA, it used to be the the governor picks someone to fill any unexpired senate term. When Romney was governor, the Dems in MA got scared, in 2004, that he would appoint a republican to fill Kerry's seat when Kerry won the presidency so they changed the law to require a special election to fill it confident a Dem would win it. Now they have a Dem governor and you know the rest. Isn't irony ironic? :rolleyes:

Thanks Jim. That's what I needed to know.
Love the irony. I wonder if this will come up on Katie's Evening News segment?:rolleyes:

Mylläri
20th January 2010, 12:37
Nonsense Scott Brown is a lot closer to Ron Paul than Martha Coakley will ever be.

Closer does not equal good, better, or any other outstanding positive.

We need to fix the GOP cause if we do not we are screwed.

People have been saying similiar things about the Republican and Democrat Parties for decades. The problem is not either party but rather the political system they are entrenched in, the one that benefits the two parties and the two parties only which both will defend indefinately.

There is a reason Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Rand Paul etc are Republicans and it is not because they think the entire party is a bunch of Bush cronies and cannot be saved.

The reason is because of electibility, because if they run under the Republican banner they have less issues to deal with and can appeal to a wider base simply because they have an R next to their names. Ron Paul has stated this several times, he could care less about the actual party otherwise.

The GOP has included some of the greatest politicians in history while DemoRats have bought you the FED, the IRS, confiscated your gold, and tried to ram government run healthcare reform down your throat. If you cannot see that one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch that is too bad.

Democrats will tell you similiar things and I won't argue that there have been some great Democrat politicians. Republicans have brought just as many negative things to America as Democrats have. I'm sure my laundry list of bad things attributed to either the Democrats or the Republicans is just as long as what you could conjure up for Democrats alone. The fact of the matter is that if you take a side you're buying into the system and perpetuating the problem.

All that being said, I'm very happy that Mr. Brown won the Senate election. It shifts the balance of power away from the Democrats and thats all I was concerned with. I don't want the power to go wholly to the Republicans mind you, I'd be fine with a 51% Republican-49% Democrat split throughout Congress so long as a Democrat occupies the White House and vice versa when a Republican is in.

We've all seen how dangerous and destructive a political party can be with unimpeded legislative power, which I believe you (Kat) have a problem with as far as the Democrats are concerned ;)

gauf57
20th January 2010, 12:58
The first volley in the war for freedom. Massachusetts, thanks for waking up!

Jake
20th January 2010, 15:50
A Very Good Article--Written Last Year:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/images/homepage/logos/twp_logo_300.gif
Will 2010 Be Another 1994?
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 pm
By: Ezra Klein
Emphasis By: Jake
Red Comments By: Jake
http://www.okiebrent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/democrat-vs-republican.jpg
"Have you been in the South lately?" asks political prognosticator Charlie Cook. "The level of anti-Obama, anti-Democratic and anti-Congress venom is extraordinary," he says, "and with 59 Democrat-held seats in the region, 22 in or potentially in competitive districts, this is a very serious situation for Democrats. I have had several Democratic members from the region say the atmosphere is as bad or worse than it was in 1994."

I can't argue with the impressions of members. But I asked the crack poll team at The Washington Post to send me favorability numbers for the Democratic and Republican parties in 1994 and now. My hunch was that Democrats are looking a bit like they were in 1994, but that Republicans are looking way, way worse. That their attacks on Democrats have worked, but that they've dragged themselves down as well. I wasn't prepared, however, for these numbers:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/another_1994%3F.png
That comes from the CBS/NYT poll, which shows Democrats outperforming their January 1994 selves, while Republicans are wildly underperforming their '90s predecessors. The numbers, however, were surprising enough that I wanted to check them again. So this comes from The Washington Post's poll.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/who_do_you_trust_to_cope_with_nation%27s_problems% 3F.png
Politics is generally viewed as a zero-sum game: When one party gains, the other loses. But Republicans have pursued a strategy turning politics into a negative-sum game: Both parties lose. They have effectively harmed the Democrats' agenda but done so at great cost to their own favorability numbers.

I'm not enough of an election wonk to know how that plays out. Maybe it simply creates anti-incumbent sentiment, and that harms the Democrats in November. But the comparisons to 1994 are missing something important. In 1994, Republicans managed to obstruct Clinton's agenda in a way that effectively established them as an alternative. In 2009, they are battling Obama's agenda in a manner that's totally discrediting their party. <---IMO, The Reason for This is Most Republicans are What I Call "Famous Moderates"---They Have Forgotten the Basic Tenants of Conservatism and can't articulate the reasons why we should adhere to the principles of the Constitution. All but about 6 of them can even tell you why the ideas of lower taxes and limited government are the only way a society can remain free and productive. This is mainly due, in my opinion, to a lack of members who can recall the words of Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater. This article concludes that although democrats may lose seats, the remaining republicans may not know how to find their way to oppose the insidious instrumentalism of liberalism. The Election of Scott Brown is a good start, but unless the new republicans who will replace the ousted democrats can articulate conservatism, not bipartisanism and not big govt republicanism, NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

akak
20th January 2010, 17:25
A Very Good Article--Written Last Year:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/images/homepage/logos/twp_logo_300.gif
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 pm
By: Ezra Klein

And just how much lasting or meaningful reform toward smaller government did we get as a result of the elections of 1994?

Zilch.

Give up on believing in a (Republican) Santa Claus, Jake, because his sack ONLY contains coal!
(The same goes for the Democratic Santa Claus, of course.)

Jake
20th January 2010, 17:36
And just how much lasting or meaningful reform toward smaller government did we get as a result of the elections of 1994?

Zilch.

Give up on believing in a (Republican) Santa Claus, Jake, because his sack ONLY contains coal!
(The same goes for the Democratic Santa Claus, of course.)

Exactly!
Why?
Because Gingritch, especially Arlen Specter and many others were not really conservatives. They turned out to be Big Govt. Liberals.

akak
20th January 2010, 17:49
Exactly!
Why?
Because Gingritch, especially Arlen Specter and many others were not really conservatives. They turned out to be Big Govt. Liberals.

I totally agree.

98-99&#37; of all politicians elected at the state or national level have no principles whatsoever beyond the narrow furtherance of their own political power, no matter what their campaign rhetoric. I am convinced that almost all Congressmen, Senators and Presidents are unequivocal sociopaths who care not one whit about the "common good" or the long term interests of the country as a whole, aside from how pretending to do so impacts on their Machiavellian personal agendas. The larger and less local the government is, the greater the enemy it is of the liberty and prosperity of the average person. Looking for salvation from such people is not only naive, not only incredibly dangerous, but insane, as history and our own national experience has shown not just time after time, but EVERY time (sorry UMassSteve).

akak
20th January 2010, 18:05
"Tonight the message that should be taken from Brown's victory is not "President Obama sucks" or "The Democrats' policies suck" or even "we don't want the Democrat Health Bill."

Nope.

The message that should be taken from Brown's victory is simple, succinct, and clear:

* Ramrodded policies are not going to be tolerated. It doesn't matter if it's The Fed doing it, President Obama doing it, or Congress doing it. PUT THE FACTS ON THE TABLE, DEBATE OPENLY, AND MAKE NO MORE CLOSED DOOR DEALS IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SUBJECT MATTER!

* President Obama said he was NOT an agent of the banksters and fraudsters on Wall and K Streets alike. HE LIED. Neither party has been willing to address this problem but it must be addressed right here and now. Those who committed fraud during the bubble years, and this includes most particularly those on Wall Street, must be held to account. Each and every firm on Wall Street must be subjected to a full forensic audit with all indications of criminal wrong-doing turned over to a Grand Jury - NO EXCEPTIONS.

* Start listening to The American People. NOW. America will NOT tolerate a ramrodded health care bill. America will NOT tolerate being ripped off with 30&#37; credit card rates while banksters rake in billions in bonuses - "earned" through phony accounting and government handouts. America will NOT tolerate being ignored when they tell Congress by 100:1 margins (or more) to NOT PASS TARP. America will NOT tolerate so-called "trading partners" who exploit effective slave labor conditions and then rob our nation's secrets and her corporations blind, then sell us poison toys and costume jewelry. And America will NOT tolerate any more of the BS from Washington, Wall Street and foreign nations that are in Congress' pocket - and that got us into this mess. WE DEMAND JUSTICE NOW.

* Want to lose your job Senators? VOTE TO RECONFIRM BERNANKE AND YOU'RE FIRED.

STOP THE LOOTING (and spending) AND START PROSECUTING RIGHT DAMN NOW!"

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/

JCM6395
20th January 2010, 18:58
This administration is always encountering unexpected news whether it be on the economy or on how the people are feeling about healthcare reform because it is an elitist bunch out of touch with the American people.

That is by far their biggest problem and it will lead to their undoing. They really believed the BS that all the tea parties were just a rightwing financed protest. Maybe the moderate democrats (if they really exist) will think, hey maybe Pelosi isn't right on this sh!t. If a Republican senatorial candidate in the heart of liberalism (Ted Kennedy's seat no less) can get elected then just maybe the message will sink in?

SilverJim
20th January 2010, 19:18
If you have never seen this guy, he's worth a look. Drinking with Bob.

"The only thing bluer than Massachusetts is Papa Smurf's balls." LOL! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyuRNn8dmes

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 19:45
WASHINGTON – Chastened by the Democratic Senate loss in Massachusetts, President Barack Obama and congressional allies signaled Wednesday they may try to scale back his sweeping health care overhaul in an effort to at least keep parts of it alive.

Az2Africa
20th January 2010, 20:10
WASHINGTON – Chastened by the Democratic Senate loss in Massachusetts, President Barack Obama and congressional allies signaled Wednesday they may try to scale back his sweeping health care overhaul in an effort to at least keep parts of it alive.

Honesty would be a good start. Then they can work on the promised transparency. Oh wait. What was I thinking...:rolleyes:

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 20:15
Closer does not equal good, better, or any other outstanding positive.

People have been saying similiar things about the Republican and Democrat Parties for decades. The problem is not either party but rather the political system they are entrenched in, the one that benefits the two parties and the two parties only which both will defend indefinately.

The reason is because of electibility, because if they run under the Republican banner they have less issues to deal with and can appeal to a wider base simply because they have an R next to their names. Ron Paul has stated this several times, he could care less about the actual party otherwise.

Democrats will tell you similiar things and I won't argue that there have been some great Democrat politicians. Republicans have brought just as many negative things to America as Democrats have. I'm sure my laundry list of bad things attributed to either the Democrats or the Republicans is just as long as what you could conjure up for Democrats alone. The fact of the matter is that if you take a side you're buying into the system and perpetuating the problem.

All that being said, I'm very happy that Mr. Brown won the Senate election. It shifts the balance of power away from the Democrats and thats all I was concerned with. I don't want the power to go wholly to the Republicans mind you, I'd be fine with a 51% Republican-49% Democrat split throughout Congress so long as a Democrat occupies the White House and vice versa when a Republican is in.

We've all seen how dangerous and destructive a political party can be with unimpeded legislative power, which I believe you (Kat) have a problem with as far as the Democrats are concerned ;)

How anyone here who invests in silver, at least in part because he or she recognizes not only the damage the FED has down to this country and the US dollar, but the role the Democrats played in establishing the FED and then in confiscating the people's gold and finally in overturning the coinage act, can espouse the virtues of the party who name is synonymous with mob rule is beyond reasonable comprehension.

That said, I will have know that I voted for John Kerry in 2004 because I saw the current situation coming, but unfortunately the rest of country did not yet recognize that the behavior of the Neocons in control of the Republican party would ultimately lead to some serious backlash. Now the shoe is on the other foot as the DemoRats foolishly overstep their bounds which I correctly predicted they would and which is why I voted for John McCain in 2008.

Now go ahead and name one good thing the Democrats have done.

maplesilverbug
20th January 2010, 20:28
Now go ahead and name one good thing the Democrats have done.

Y'know....it always fascinates (and befuddles) me when a person prefers one group of politicians over another. It just doesn't make any sense. ALL politicians are corrupt and disconnected from the public at large -- that is the nature of politics! It's only in degrees of sleaze that politicians differ.

So I rephrase the statement, "Go ahead and name one good thing politicians have done."

Long live Allah.

akak
20th January 2010, 20:45
Y'know....it always fascinates (and befuddles) me when a person prefers one group of politicians over another. It just doesn't make any sense. ALL politicians are corrupt and disconnected from the public at large -- that is the nature of politics! It's only in degrees of sleaze that politicians differ.

So I rephrase the statement, "Go ahead and name one good thing politicians have done."

This man gets it!

(Or this woman, as the case may be.)

Jake
20th January 2010, 20:50
This man gets it!

(Or this woman, as the case may be.)

Ok...I agree to a certain extent, but what's your solution?...and don't tell me Anarchy

I told you mine---Although I accept It'll be almost impossible.

Katwoman
20th January 2010, 20:55

Long live Allah.

I am not defending politicians I am promoting a party whose tenets are more consistent with what the founding fathers envisioned. America is a Republic with a republican form of federal government. The Republican is aptly named the grand old party for a reason. The faces on Mount Rushmore are of men who believed in the virtues of republicanism. George Washington's farewell address was a primer on republican virtue and a stern warning against partisanship, sectionalism, and involvement in foreign wars. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican and Thomas Jefferson one of the most vocal supporters of republicanism in history.

These men did not espouse the virtues of Democracy per se.

So remind me again why I should give a crap what a DemoRat says?

akak
20th January 2010, 20:58
Ok...I agree to a certain extent, but what's your solution?...and don't tell me Anarchy

I told you mine---Although I accept It'll be almost impossible.

Yes, I will say it: Anarchy

Because until government is abolished, the seeds for its growth and abuse will ALWAYS be present, no matter how small and "limited" it may be. Unless you believe that mankind is doomed to the never-ending cycle of tyranny, war, degradation and enslavement. If you accept that as a given, then I say let's launch all the bombs, poison the planet and be done with it, because we as a species are insane and unworthy of existence.

Jake
20th January 2010, 21:05
Yes, I will say it: Anarchy

Because until government is abolished, the seeds for its growth and abuse will ALWAYS be present, no matter how small and "limited" it may be. Unless you believe that mankind is doomed to the never-ending cycle of tyranny, war, degradation and enslavement. If you accept that as a given, then I say let's launch all the bombs, poison the planet and be done with it, because we as a species are insane and unworthy of existence.

You're a character AKAK
But I Like You Just The Same!
http://www.norelpref.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/no-exit-libertarianism-anarchy-for-rich-people.gif

akak
20th January 2010, 21:10
You're a character AKAK

That's what they all tell me!

maplesilverbug
20th January 2010, 21:12
I am not defending politicians I am promoting a party whose tenets are more consistent with what the founding fathers envisioned.

Okay. Since I'm not an American citizen I can't do anything about your government and thus any opinion I may or may not have on the matter is quite useless.

I think pretty much every country is full of citizens who feel their government, whatever party is in power, can and should be doing not just more, but more of the right things (eg. NOT bailing out fraudulent banks; NOT selling your fresh water reserves to private corporations; etc.).

Long live the bullet.

Burticus
23rd January 2010, 15:00
Here's the video showing how Der Fuhrer reacts after watching the re-make of the Elephant n' Jackass show episode where the beat-up elephant puppet clocks the over-confident jackass puppet back in Taxachusetts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aQCiRjvZY&feature=player_embedded

As long as your votes are "counted" (ahahahaha!) in secret by computers, the bankster cartel has an insurance policy to make sure their career parasite-minions are safely re-re-re-re-elected in each bi-annual charade.

Here's a great big-picture article in yesterday's GoldSeek on the double-penetration of Lady Liberty by the elephant & jackass puppets, as the banksters hold her down, in case anyone missed it:

America's Impending Master Class Dictatorship
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1264196160.php

Still think a political solution is attainable before the financial/economic $#!+ hits the fan? Think again. Throughout history, tyrants have NEVER relinquished power voluntarily. They only fear and respect the precious metals - gold, silver, steel and lead.

admthrwn
22nd February 2010, 21:18
Nonsense Scott Brown is a lot closer to Ron Paul than Martha Coakley will ever be. You can't keep blaming Bush and looking backward. We need to fix the GOP cause if we do not we are screwed. There is a reason Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Rand Paul etc are Republicans and it is not because they think the entire party is a bunch of Bush cronies and cannot be saved. The GOP has included some of the greatest politicians in history while DemoRats have bought you the FED, the IRS, confiscated your gold, and tried to ram government run healthcare reform down your throat. If you cannot see that one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch that is too bad. Bush is gone.....so get over it. The DemoRats have been in control of congress for 3 years and yet we continue to fight wars of "aggression" but now we are paying for lawyers for the original aggressors who started the fight.

The second American revolution has begun in Massachusetts with "the Scott heard around the world".

AAAAAHAHAHA!

Oh lordy.

I bring you todays drudge headliner. Your precious good man, good father and good husband.... taking tax payer money and stimulating the economy.... what a conservative! /s

BROWN VOTES FOR 'JOBS BILL'; JOINS DEM MAJORITY
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2221899520100222

Katwoman
23rd February 2010, 07:07
The federal government has no choice to but to try to inflate its way out of this......you know it, I know it, the current administration knows it, Scott Brown knows it and I hope your knowledge of this is why you have been buying silver. You did not really think he or anyone else with half a brain could look at the numbers and possibly think we could figure out a way to seriously cut government spending and pay off the national debt did you? You should know better than that. In all honesty he may have done the right thing under the current circumstances since doing anything else this late in the game is honestly pointless.

Unless we end the the FED and thereby eliminate the interest paid on the national debt we are not going to be getting out this mess. So Brown breaking with ideology may not mean selling out per se while on the contrary opposing more spending now may prove to be too little to late. Since there is a very remote chance that this stimulus could work voting for it seems ironically prudent under the current fiscal policies.

More government stimulus please.

Oh and buy the dip!!

Farthing
23rd February 2010, 11:17
Brown has an (R) beside his name. BFD. So does Snowe and Collins. Specter did until he became toast in a challenge. Schwarzenegger claims to be (R), like that reach across the aisle drooler McCain and amnesty boy Graham. Good hair Romney alo claims an (R).
Words mean nothing. Actions count.

Brown also said he was not against health care reform, just this current version. A progressive/leftist (R) from a leftist state is left of some conservative leaning (D), so there's been nothing gained. Both parties are still lining up to clean the bones of the taxpayers long dead corpse. It's for your own good.

Oh, Brown's vote was for cloture, ending debate. The actual vote comes up later this week.
Nothing has been gained by the addition of Brown. I would prefer (D) and (R) fight each other to a bloody stalemate with nothing passing. We would all be better off for it.

Jobs bill my big ole butt. It's a spending bill.
Government creates nothing and has no money. Government consumes resources and uses your money. It's not that hard to understand.

Despite the blather of (R), show one instance where smaller government actually occurred. (Pro Tip: Never happened)
Now that all our other problems have been solved, Congress can now take up the worldwide menace of hotdogs.

admthrwn
23rd February 2010, 16:47
In all honesty he may have done the right thing under the current circumstances since doing anything else this late in the game is honestly pointless.

It's amazing to me to even hear excuses at this point. You've been had, just like those who voted for Bush, just like those who voted for Obama, and just like those who have voted for countless others. Your precious republicans SUCK. So keep chanting your nonsense about "democrats", and keep stirring the pot of division. We have seen how the same attitude you possess has ruined this country. Constant bickering between the left and the right, while our wallets are being stolen out of our back pockets. From both parties.

In all honesty, you need to wake up. He may have done the right thing under the current circumstances? Are you fucking kidding me? The right thing is vote the constitution NO MATTER the circumstances. Even Ron Paul understands that... and no it's not "pointless" at this point... because it's making it worse. Have you never heard of the expression, "Its never too late to do the right thing?" Obviously you haven't, and if agree with Scott Brown voting for another spending bill, then you're just another NeoCon, and a disgrace to true Conservatives.

His vote has taken money from my pocket, and my childrens pocket. Yeah I heard the "Scott heard round the world", and it was a big fucking DUD.