PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you are interested in paying down the public debt yourself

Katwoman
16th January 2010, 14:46
There are two ways for you to make a contribution to reduce the debt:

You can make a contribution online either by credit card, checking or savings account at Pay.gov You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it's a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Public Debt
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

skijake
16th January 2010, 14:55
I wonder if they would cash a check for 1 cent?
Probably put me on some terrorist watchlist but it would make me feel like I'm doing something to help.:D

slvr
16th January 2010, 15:09

You can make a contribution online either by credit card, checking or savings account at Pay.gov You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it's a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
P. O. Box 2188
Good info. My liberal friend told me the other day that he thought we should all pay more taxes. I told him there is nothing stoping him from doing that, and that he should lead. I will pass this info to him to help him out.

Jake
16th January 2010, 15:43
````````````````

maplesilverbug
16th January 2010, 17:58

Attn Dept G
P. O. Box 2188

Is your contribution tax deductible?

akak
16th January 2010, 18:05

Attn Dept G
P. O. Box 2188

I certainly hope that anyone who would do this does not decide to have children --- those genes need to be eliminated from the gene pool ASAP!
Talk about throwing good money after bad!

jlb20
16th January 2010, 18:15

Attn Dept G
P. O. Box 2188

Hey Kat, can you get them to sent the money to me instead? I could use a little pay-down in my debt!

SilverLite
17th January 2010, 02:58
Good info. My liberal friend told me the other day that he thought we should all pay more taxes. I told him there is nothing stoping him from doing that, and that he should lead. I will pass this info to him to help him out.

Lets start with all the liberals and progressive-crats who voted in all this "hope and change".

I'd suggest you keep adding zeros and commas to the end of your check... ;)