PDA

View Full Version : silver manipulation questions

joshrain
31st May 2008, 22:01
* why are the mining companies not speaking up to the silver
price manipulation? are they being silenced, why?

* why would someone short silver? I can understand industries that rely on silver would have interest in keeping the price low (industrial use) as well keeping the dollar strong. (90% of the market) Even if 90% of the market is short, how can they control the price? For the industries to operate they require physical delivery of silver as well.

If demand > supply, price has to rise. how can this be controlled? Using the futures market how can one control the price?

* some of the big silver investors say there is shortage so why don't they take delivery of silver buy buying silver contracts in the future market? I realize that there is a cap on delivery month of 7.5 million oz but that is still a lot and if done every year the big investors can build a huge position.

* i have seen the main stream cover gold as investment, why not silver?

* what do people think of having 1000oz bar's as investment as compared to 100oz?

Trvlr45
1st June 2008, 02:37

I don't know either but that is one reason why I am buying it.

SilverHawk
1st June 2008, 05:27
The FED sends the worthless boxes of Dollars to the NEW YORK FED, who sends them down the street to Citi and probably a few others, who in turn place all these Puts on Silver. The FED don't want people to know the dollar is only worth 2 cents and going lower.... to .0000001 cents.

It's damage control thats not working too well.

Have no fear, we the silver investors are winning, slowly but Shirley.

The dam is breaking. And there's no stopping it!

SilverHawk
1st June 2008, 05:39
[/QUOTE]

* what do people think of having 1000oz bar's as investment as compared to 100oz?[/QUOTE]

Main Stream is buying Silver. They just don't use the word, much. When they say Gold or Metals, they also mean Silver too. The Gold Silver ratio has come down from 1:60 to 1:52 in the last few years. That means more profit in Silver on the way up.

As for 100 or 1000 bars..... Unless you plan on cashing them in for more useless dollars, before the big crash, don't count on getting change back from that bar when you go to buy a loaf of bread and gallon of milk. Stick with one ounce bars. That's where the BIG shortage is right now in Silver. And thats because all the "Smart" silver investors see them as the most convertable weight, when they need to use them to survive. Trying to time the top of the market is dangerous when you have "bricks". Buy pebbles.