PDA

View Full Version : Course of Action

jbh
30th May 2008, 09:31
Really guys, what do we do here? How can we get this over with? Major stock indexes don't all turn vertical simultaneously in non-manipulated markets. Is there really any one out there who thinks this craps table isn't rigged? And a better question, will anyone on the inside ever blow the whistle? I'm really embarrassed for us. Really, really embarassed.

jbh
30th May 2008, 10:04
sorry, I'm gonna stop. I'm young, high strung, recently unplugged from the Matrix, below cost basis and expecting my first child in January. Ignore me.

Drumblebum
30th May 2008, 11:07
sorry, I'm gonna stop. I'm young, high strung, recently unplugged from the Matrix, below cost basis and expecting my first child in January. Ignore me.

It's understandable that you're upset. Many of us, especially the newer folks, find this evidence of market manipulation confusing and disturbing, and are a little worried about our investments. But you gotta rememeber, most of the game is all smoke and mirrors. Fiat currency is failing, and its fall cannot be stopped. PM's are the place to be, but not necessarily if one is trying to turn a quick profit.

nuslvrkwen
30th May 2008, 12:48
Be Strong JBH! ;) You have a right to be high strung and upset! All of us GOT into buying and holding silver because we didn't feel secure, or comfortable just collecting paper (money). Learning how the markets are rigged has been an education. I know we here in the US are NOT alone!

The nation has been sold down the river, and learning there really ISN'T the open market we all assume is the FIRST step to working out what to do. It's not just the silver market that's manipulated. All other commodities prices have been manipulated also! The corruption of the commodities market and the lying answers anybody WORKING in the industry will turn around against them when the individual investor figures out they ARE the institutional investor. Meantime; my suggestion to you is this:

Pay down and off ALL debt. Have as few outstanding bills as possible. You'll feel more confident as the time gets closer for your baby to be born. Look at the WHOLE aspect of money and the economy we are in. And then, look at what you have now. Understand by the time your baby comes in January, the ramifications of all this crap we're seeing NOW will really be clear!

Even if there IS a whistle blower about this manipulation; strong enough to get an 'investigation' going - at this stage of the game - there will be no quick solution. I'm freaked out that there's $350 TRILLION Dollars worth of paper - derivatives and corporate bond instruments floating around all over the world - looking like it's 'spending'. That's got to be more 'money' than countries actually have! Never has paper become such a 'place holder' as it is today. It's supposed to represent something, but I don't know what!

If I WERE HAVING A BABY SOON - I'd be hording cash starting in October. I'd pay off the hospital stay in advance. I'd make my house as comfortable as possible so my wife and I don't have to buy very much when you've brought you baby home. Plan on staying around your house. Leave your PM alone. It's value will be up in January. The more it's sideways down now, the higher it'll HAVE to go this winter. Paying for all these things in preparation now, is using cheaper dollars than if you wait till Fall. Inflation is growing so much, everything I've listed will cost more the longer you wait to pay it off!

jbh
30th May 2008, 14:31
No debt. And we save about 5K a month. She's old school. Likes to save keeps things simple- except the recent cravings :) Hopefully we'll be able to have the kid at the apt, or my mother-in-law's house. I don't trust our new fangled allopathic hospitals. But good idea about paying it off now. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. Needed the pick-me-up.