PDA

View Full Version : Why are there no square Silver Eagle tubes on the market?

Silver Tiger
23rd May 2008, 20:26
According to this site, they are coming soon(within a month), but sheesh, they've been produced since 1986 and still no square tubes?

https://www.brent-krueger.com/tubes.html

I know I'm a newbie, but it sure seems that the coin market is way behind in terms of suitable holders/supplies compared with other collectible markets such as sports cards/memorabilia. Am I missing something here?

:rolleyes:

Trvlr45
24th May 2008, 23:13
According to this site, they are coming soon, but sheesh, they've been produced since 1986 and still no square tubes?

https://www.brent-krueger.com/tubes.html

I know I'm a newbie, but it sure seems that the coin market is way behind in terms of suitable holders/supplies compared with other collectible markets such as sports cards/memorabilia. Am I missing something here?

:rolleyes:

Googlr "Carolina Coin". If I remember correctly that is where I bought mine.

Silver Tiger
24th May 2008, 23:32
Googlr "Carolina Coin". If I remember correctly that is where I bought mine.

Are you talking about this site? If so, they only offer the "Mint tubes" which are far to expensive for my blood.

http://www.carolinacoins.com/coin_supplies.htm

Trvlr45
25th May 2008, 18:28
Yep, that is who I was referring to. They may cost but I like them because they sure won't pop open. You have to rassle with 'em to get them open.

Silver Tiger
25th May 2008, 18:38
Yep, that is who I was referring to. They may cost but I like them because they sure won't pop open. You have to rassle with 'em to get them open.

So I was right, there are NO square Silver Eagle tubes on the market. Sheesh, why the lag? Is 22 years not enough time for a coin supply maker to create a tube for Silver Eagles!?

Trvlr45
27th May 2008, 19:11
I was going to tell you about brent Krueger but you had already found them. I had considered getting some holders from them when I needed some more which will be a while. I didn't know they didn't have them in stock.

It may be that there aren't any other choices because so many people are just using mint tubes or inding other cheaper ways to store them. I'm like you though. I like the square ones.

SilverWhore
27th May 2008, 19:24
I am able to get the mint tubes either free or cheap from dealers who have extras from selling many eagles piecemeal. Maybe if you ask some dealers around you that maybe you don't normally buy from you can scrounge some up...thats not a GREAT way I know, but tis my only suggestion.

Trvlr45
28th May 2008, 00:07
Try googling "kaymarie coin storage supplies". They have square dollar tubes.
I don't know about the quality but they have them.

Trvlr45
28th May 2008, 02:19
Air-tites.com is another one. They have square dollar tubes.

SilverRanger
28th May 2008, 12:43
Yeah, I've gotten free tubes from multiple dealers just by asking them.

Asking can't hurt!

Silver Tiger
29th May 2008, 21:46
Dollar tubes doesn't necessarily mean they are the same size as Silver Eagles.

Trvlr45
29th May 2008, 22:23
I understand that but it is either Kaymaries or Air-Tite who has different sizes of dollar tubes. The mint tubes I bought work fine for Engelhard rounds so I can only assume that one of the dollar tubes that they have will probably work for eagles. A phone call would probably net the info anyone needs.

Irons
31st May 2008, 10:28
Plenty on ebay for cheap.I recently got 6 of the size for rounds or medallins
and there were no shortage of the eagle size around.

Silver Tiger
1st June 2008, 08:29
Plenty on ebay for cheap.I recently got 6 of the size for rounds or medallins
and there were no shortage of the eagle size around.

Were they square tubes? Also, what do you mean by rounds or medallions?

Also, I just did a search on ebay for "silver eagle tube" and all it came up with was the mint tubes.

Irons
1st June 2008, 08:38
Were they square tubes? Also, what do you mean by rounds or medallions?

Also, I just did a search on ebay for "silver eagle tube" and all it came up with was the mint tubes.

The ones I got say coinsafe on one end and medallion on the other, they are square and stackable and fit the common silver round.I don't have any eagles so I can't tell you what the size difference is.:-?