PDA

View Full Version : Amero Backed By Silver??

Nubie
22nd May 2008, 19:20
Heard rumors that the Amero would be backed by silver. Pardon my ignorance, but how would this effect silver market + prices?

My Pants Are Cold
22nd May 2008, 19:59
Heard rumors that the Amero would be backed by silver. Pardon my ignorance, but how would this effect silver market + prices?

Not at all, since there is no such animal as an amero.

strongman shelford
22nd May 2008, 20:34
source please. I consume all the info available.

I will be sharing a very interesting insight tomorrow night at the stocks forum here... stay tuned :)

Nubie
22nd May 2008, 23:39
Copy paste these exact words on You Tube.

New currency coming backed by silver the amero

They will bring you to a 5:58 min clip not to be confused with the other videos. It will be the first one listed. It's from a March 08 broadcast...listen to the entire piece. So I ask again, if only for my amusement, what would happen to the sllver market if the yet to be seen Amero was in fact backed by silver? The fact that I am buying and the mere suggestion of it perks my ears up. Serious insight would be appreciated.

SilverWhore
23rd May 2008, 00:10
Not at all, since there is no such animal as an amero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpQjGmB2U2U&feature=related

Guess this guy is just talking out of his ass then eh?

Richard
23rd May 2008, 01:20
Serious insight would be appreciated.

Okay.

Ask what another 100 billion printed USD would do to the price of silver.

Right... It all depends on how many Ameros they print/coin, just like it is with the dollar today. So if the silver standard of the Amero was 1/30th a troy of silver, then 30 ameros would buy an ounce of silver. If it will be 1/100th, then 100 ameros buys an ounce etc...

And that's it! Wheather they adhere to the standard or not (which they won't) will affect the future price of silver.

clr8ter
23rd May 2008, 17:46
The Amero is made by an artist at his own "Mint". I think they come in a variety of metals, one being silver. They are not connected to any Govt., are not legal thender, and could be considered "Fantasy money" or something. Or just silver rounds....

SilverWhore
23rd May 2008, 19:23
The Amero is made by an artist at his own "Mint". I think they come in a variety of metals, one being silver. They are not connected to any Govt., are not legal thender, and could be considered "Fantasy money" or something. Or just silver rounds....

I think everyone here knows that since obviously we aren't using the Amero...yet. Give it time, give it time. Your change jar will be filled with them as "fantasy" becomes reality...;)

My Pants Are Cold
23rd May 2008, 20:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpQjGmB2U2U&feature=related

Guess this guy is just talking out of his ass then eh?

Yep

SilverHawk
1st June 2008, 05:09
I don't know on www.spp.gov they call out the plans for the Amero in detail. But there will be a new currency after the hyperinflationary stage we go through, just like Germany did.

I know 6-7% of the Euro has Gold backing, or something like that.

To those of you who are bad mouthing here, I suggest you keep your mouths closed until you research and educate yourselfs. You're only looking like fools to those of us who are educated.

SilverHawk
1st June 2008, 05:13
As far as the value of Gold And Silver when the Amero or Whatever is established....

take

Value of USA

divided by

All Gold and Silver (1:15)

in our vaults and possesion of citizens