PDA

View Full Version : No public option: too bad liberals now you will all have to move to Canada!

Katwoman
16th December 2009, 19:57
WASHINGTON The liberals' longtime dream of a government-run health care system for all died Wednesday in the Senate, but Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont vowed it will return when the realization dawns that private insurance companies "are no longer needed."

mrnt1984
16th December 2009, 20:25
Thats a darn shame lol :D

hippiebrian
16th December 2009, 21:15
O.K., as one of the few liberals here, I have to say, I'm glad it died (if in fact it really did, I expect to hear more). With the way it was amended and has so much pork added to it, it would not have accomplished what it was intended to accomplish. Until we can get a single payer system, health care reform is not going to work here. Getting the government to pay insurance companies instead of individuals/corperations to pay them is not reform, just a change of bill payers.

JCM6395
16th December 2009, 21:30
Don't be so sure its dead. Once the House and Senate mesh their plans **** happens in ways nobody expects.

UmassSteve
16th December 2009, 21:56
I'm with Brian. The way the public option was headed it would've been a bastardized shell of what it should have been. Something worse than medicare and more expensive, a bomb waiting to go off.

The idea will come up in ten to twenty years when this health care reform, as well as whatever the republicans may try, fails and the public option suddenly seems a lot better.

Though now, without a single payer option, I'm worried this entire bill will just be an expensive waste of time that destroys the democratic control of congress in 2010...

JesterJay
16th December 2009, 22:16
Then I guess there IS a God in heaven looking out for the little guy!
True Conservatism is LIBERTY,
JesterJay

Though now, without a single payer option, I'm worried this entire bill will just be an expensive waste of time that destroys the democratic control of congress in 2010...