PDA

View Full Version : Huge moral victory for silver!

ccjoe
15th December 2009, 11:51
http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX
How about the USD being >77 and silver only down a couple cents?
This is huge news and portends new highs soon as Q and esp Kitty had stated in a prior thread.

slvr
15th December 2009, 12:21
yea - I noticed that too.. good sign. Strenght in USD may be to the banks repaying TARP?

Az2Africa
15th December 2009, 17:49
This is huge news and portends new highs soon as Q and esp Kitty had stated in a prior thread.

I have no clue what those numbers mean.:confused:

wdwexe
15th December 2009, 18:09
I have no clue what those numbers mean.

Notice the lines crossed.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
15th December 2009, 18:37

If you say so. Not enough evidence to run it through the T&A dept for me. Could be industrial demand, or anything else.

TexAsh
15th December 2009, 18:49
I have no clue what those numbers mean.

Notice the lines crossed.

See what happened ther last time the lines crossed, about 1 year ago?

DaBrownsRPhat
15th December 2009, 18:51
I have no clue what those numbers mean.:confused:
Bookmark and make that site your friend.

Relayer
15th December 2009, 19:16
is taking it on the chin. See the chart.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$USB&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=0&id=p79190278637

This means that the interest rate is going up.

Higher rates supports a stronger dollar. Today's inflation report was the catalyst for the big drop in the long bond today. But as you can see, it is only one day of a multi-day down trend which began at the beginning of Dec. For two weeks now, the bond market has been anticipating higher rates/inflation. The Fed controls the short rates, while the long bonds control the long rates.

November wholesale prices reported at +1.8%. Annualized thats 21.6%!! Most are saying that this is a one off event. Keep your eye on the long bond and brace yourself for the Dec report.

Higher rates will only support the dollar to a point. That point being where the higher rates begin to dampen economic activity. When that point is reached (and it may not take rates much higher than they are presently) the dollar will be heading south once again. Until then dont be surprised to see gold/silver heading higher while the dollar ekes out marginal gains.

ccjoe
15th December 2009, 19:24

Higher rates supports a stronger dollar. Today's inflation report was the catalyst for the big drop in the long bond today. But as you can see, it is only one day of a multi-day down trend which began at the beginning of Dec. For two weeks now, the bond market has been anticipating higher rates/inflation. The Fed controls the short rates, while the long bonds control the long rates.

November wholesale prices reported at +1.8%. Annualized thats 21.6%!! Most are saying that this is a one off event. Keep your eye on the long bond and brace yourself for the Dec report.

Higher rates will only support the dollar to a point. That point being where the higher rates begin to dampen economic activity. When that point is reached (and it may not take rates much higher than they are presently) the dollar will be heading south once again. Until then dont be surprised to see gold/silver heading higher while the dollar ekes out marginal gains.

The end is near Relayer for this "recession is over" crap as Ben was very coy today in NOT implying ANYTHING anent interest rates. He's saying and doing everything to prop up the USD but.................. I give it till 2nd quarter 2010.
Go Silver!!!!!!!

akak
15th December 2009, 19:28
The end is near Relayer for this "recession is over" crap as Ben was very coy today in NOT implying ANYTHING anent interest rates. He's saying and doing everything to prop up the USD but.................. I give it till 2nd quarter 2010.
Go Silver!!!!!!!

But, but, but, what about Larry Kudlow's "green shoots" and "king dollar"?
I thought everything was "all better" now?

:confused:

MasterQ
15th December 2009, 20:54

This and scotia's report today is enough to put everyone's nerves on end.

We MUST break through 17.68 and then head to 18 to change this downward trend.

I agree the prop up will be very short term and IF the fed announces an anticipation of raising short term rates in order to keep the dollar propped it will be short lived.

I KNEW this Wednesday was going to be the ultimate line in the sand to determine another turn.

TA is screaming Bull while the fundamentals from such a blurb from the FED may take the dollar inches and the metals down a bit more.

I am not happy with this but it had to come to it sometime.

In the past year when we have had a doji (close high) on the week, it has signaled a major move up.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/mrqdesade/dojiweek.jpg

Good luck to us all!!

-Q

ccjoe
16th December 2009, 02:54
But, but, but, what about Larry Kudlow's "green shoots" and "king dollar"?
I thought everything was "all better" now?

:confused:

Please take your time and read my posts. You're too smart to continue this non-comprehension of my posts nonsense.
I have disagreed with Larry for a long time on these exact "green shoots" issues. When I defended him, I was just saying that he has a lifetime of great work and is smarter than you and me put together. I also am NOT going to make the mistake of MOST people by JUST watching things I agree with. I watch EVERYTHING! It is tough for even open minded me to stomach Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow. They really do not have any thinking ability.