PDA

View Full Version : FED meeting this week...

Roonbox
15th December 2009, 08:46
If the FED starts mumbling about increasing interest rates early next year as I expect them to do, i expect an instant drop in PM's and a dollar rally.

As temprorary as it may be i think people should be prepared for it...

Silver-Mound
15th December 2009, 09:08
Good point! I hope so, so I can "BACK THE TRUCK UP" as Jim Cramer would say!

Katwoman
15th December 2009, 09:34
IMHO it is highly unlikely the FED will announce any change in plans after just announcing that the government is committed to spending more.

silverheartbone
15th December 2009, 10:03
This summer I made a $50 USD wager that the Fed Funds Rate (currently at 0.00 - 0.25 %)
would be at 6 percent or above by October 31, 2010.

Katwoman
15th December 2009, 10:08
if the economy were to be able to sustain itself that might occur but the economy is in deep trouble and the recovery is funded by printing money. While it would be wise for the FED to tighten the money supply 6% would be destructive IMHO. On the contrary we could see 6% annualized consumer price inflation by then.

Katwoman
16th December 2009, 14:05
WASHINGTON The Federal Reserve has decided to hold interest rates at a record low and pledged to keep them there for an "extended period" to keep the recovery going and drive down double-digit unemployment.

Nuff said!!

MasterQ
16th December 2009, 14:19
WASHINGTON The Federal Reserve has decided to hold interest rates at a record low and pledged to keep them there for an "extended period" to keep the recovery going and drive down double-digit unemployment.

Nuff said!!

Lol Kat...now was that necessary. :D

Ok roony...we'll let ya off with a warning this time.

Just kiddin.

-Q

Roonbox
17th December 2009, 03:35
I never doubted it for a sec..... :rolleyes: