PDA

View Full Version : where too next for silver prices ??

macho trader
14th December 2009, 08:48
Are we heading into another deflationary period ?

Is the dollar headed higher short term?

Are the PMs going to setback still further?

Will it take longer than most think for inflation to take hold?

If so, could PM prices tank sharply short term (6mths) ?

I think so, but have been wrong before,lol.

Any one hazard a best guess ????

Macho trader by name , macho trading IS my game.

moreair
14th December 2009, 09:24
Well, I am watching cables news as I type, and the talking heads are saying the economy is getting better. If the sheeple think it is getting better, then they will start purchasing stocks and stuff. If they invest their FRN's in paper, then they will slow down on buying heavy metals. So, I am hoping for more pull back so I can buy more silver at a cheaper price. Disclaimer: I have only been in the game for a year, so.....

silversurfer1
14th December 2009, 09:24

MachoTrader see link below. PM's are heading up dramatically with corrections along the way. Just a matter of time.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091211/D9CHCOIG0.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5vkPiCEjjdg/SyUGGQEoY-I/AAAAAAAAFLk/u0_vBEoJhDc/s400/.1.jpg

moreair
14th December 2009, 09:38
It is so sad what the enemies of freedom have done to our once great country.

MasterQ
14th December 2009, 09:42

I'm trying to not repeat across threads so I'll do a simplified response. ( no insults intended )

1. 12/14-12/16 will see sideways action with little pops above and below some support. (Currently bottom is seen as 17.20) The remainder of the week should help to erase the losses from last week.

2. Week 12/21-12/31 will see gains in silver back into the 18's and finishing above 18.50 before the year's end.

3. Dollar will show its weakness before year end to confirm all of this and oil will be well bid for the winter season.

Good luck to us all!!

-Q

silverheartbone
14th December 2009, 12:33
Yes.

It goes up and down so the safe answer is yes.
However I think that we were at a local maximum this weekend
and the Federal Reserve Note index will be closer to 70 than 76 by year's end.

Like the dollar it will oscillate up and down,
but I believe this weekend's silver spot was a local minimum.

No.
Inflation has been a fact for 96 years.

If the Rothschilds decide to continue that practice, then certainly yes.

Silvature
14th December 2009, 14:15
Yes, as all shall be head shakes and fakes into the Greatest Depression.

Az2Africa
14th December 2009, 14:49
Well, I am watching cables news as I type, and the talking heads are saying the economy is getting better. If the sheeple think it is getting better, then they will start purchasing stocks and stuff. If they invest their FRN's in paper, then they will slow down on buying heavy metals. So, I am hoping for more pull back so I can buy more silver at a cheaper price. Disclaimer: I have only been in the game for a year, so.....

I have reached the conclusion that considering what the banks are up to and the unpredictibility of people in general; I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens. Any guess seems as good as another.

MikeJ
14th December 2009, 15:59
We are in a LONG term bull market, probably the greatest bull market ever. Buy and hold for the long term, and don't worry about the short term prices. Gold will go over $5000 an oz, and may get over $7000. Silver follows gold and will go up substantially. If I had to guess, I would say in the $100-$150 range in 5 yrs. And if society goes to hell, MUCH higher.

akak
14th December 2009, 17:02
Well, I am watching cables news as I type, and the talking heads are saying the economy is getting better.

Yes, just like they told us 2 1/2 years ago that "real estate values are not inflated", and that "no downturn was in sight". Then when reality proved otherwise and the housing bubble popped, they assured us that "the subprime crisis would be contained" and that it "would not spread to the broader economy". But when it did, they again assured us that we would only experience an economic "soft landing". Yeah, just like the soft landing the Hindenburg experienced in Lakehurst, New Jersey.

Mighty Moose
14th December 2009, 20:50
Well, I am watching cables news as I type, and the talking heads are saying the economy is getting better.

For success, one must hold beliefs contrary to popular opinion based on peddled propaganda. Mainstream media is selling hope based on lies. Eventually, the mindless masses will be left naked & hungry even more depended on their masters (the government) to help them, but overtime, the help won't come.

If they invest their FRN's in paper, then they will slow down on buying heavy metals. So, I am hoping for more pull back so I can buy more silver at a cheaper price.

During the mid-1980's when silver ran up to $50, it was estimated that only 1% of American citizens had dumped their FRN's into Silver & Gold, along with a few just a few more counties like Canada. The rest of the world's citizen's were not involved. With the availability of PM's to so many more people around the world, via the internet & so many more bullion dealers around, if just 1% of these potential investors put their fiat currency into bullion- it's already starting, it won't matter as much what the media-fed mindless morons in America do with their FRN's. The silver/gold train is fully fueled & is gonna keep on chuggin up the hill, regardless.

All aboard,
MM

LETMYSILVERGO
14th December 2009, 21:13
Chugga chugga choo-choo, choo-choo
Chugga chugga choo-choo, choo-choo--------- THIS TRAIN IS BOUND FOR

GLORY, THIS TRAIN.

DaBrownsRPhat
14th December 2009, 21:42
Chugga chugga choo-choo, choo-choo--------- THIS TRAIN IS BOUND FOR

GLORY, THIS TRAIN.

We already know the destination, but we just don't know the exact route. Just a matter of time though.

Miracles could always throw a monkey wrench into things, so still have to watch out for those.

of one mine
14th December 2009, 21:57
Heres where I posted an article that should help

By Eric Roseman

Dear A-Letter Reader,
There is no clear and present danger to the nine-year gold bull market.
Despite rumblings by the bears who warn of a growing "bubble" in gold prices, the fundamentals support another few years of big gains for the world's only currency outside of the confines of a dysfunctional global exchange rate mechanism.
Gold is also one of the few assets outside of this debt-infested environment that remains nobody else's liability…

Internal Sponsorship
Breakthrough Research Could Boost Your Gold Returns By a Minimum of $97,000 This Year
Are you looking for the right moment to buy gold stocks?
If so, a newly discovered indicator could help boost your returns by $97,000 THIS YEAR.
Eric Roseman says, "Every time it triggers, gold stocks have earned big triple-digit gains. And it's triggering right now (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com/t/AQ/toU/vEU/AAEKxQ/AQ/AuN3LA/J6os)."

A Lack of Worthy Alternatives

The U.S. dollar is on its way out as a reserve currency and other alternatives, like the Japanese yen and the Swiss franc, are now aggressively depressed by their respective central banks because they don't want a strong currency. The euro, meanwhile, is an overvalued mish-mash of quasi-debt infested nations…and it’s vulnerable to some sort of replay of the 1992 Exchange-Rate-Mechanism (ERM) shock.
For many reasons, gold will remain in a secular bull market until the Federal Reserve starts to aggressively raise interest rates or until a supply glut hits the market (neither event is likely to occur any time soon).
Historically, any time inflation-adjusted short-term rates have been below 2% gold prices have risen sharply. Inflation-adjusted rates are currently at 0.45%, which includes a 0.25% Federal Funds rate plus negative CPI of 0.20% through October.
The Fed is still waging an all-out war against falling asset prices and wants inflation.

The United States can't hike lending rates because credit intermediation is still on life-support, unemployment is still in a downtrend and commercial and residential real estate is still badly fractured. There's just no way the Fed will raise interest rates under these conditions. Therefore, as a consequence, the dollar must continue to fall into 2010 and asset bubbles will continue to form in risk-based assets.
And though fabrication demand for gold has collapsed since around $750 an ounce last year, the Indians, Chinese and other emerging market central banks are devouring the metal at $1,050 an ounce or higher. Whatever supply comes to market is being absorbed by non-Western central banks, institutions like John Paulson & Co. and exchange-traded gold funds. Somebody somewhere obviously perceives high value at $1,050 gold or higher.
But what if the Fed begins raising interest rates in 2010? How would gold react? Would this event destroy the bull market? Some would argue that gold's correction – heavily overbought over the last four weeks – was in response to fears the Fed will start tightening next summer.
Well not so fast, gold bears…
Fed Rates & Gold Prices: A Case Study

It's instructive to look at 2005 and how the gold market responded to a series of rate hikes in the United States that began earlier in 2004.
Even as the dollar rallied against the euro and most other currencies in 2005 – after the Fed began tightening credit in 2004 – gold prices posted a calendar year gain. That's because interest rates remained historically low coming off such a low base under “Mr. Bubble,” or former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan.
The gobs of money the Fed and other governments, including China, are printing demands a position in gold by all investors, because the endgame will result in much higher inflation down the road (accompanied by another round of currency debasement).
The Dollar’s “Black Swan”

At some point over the next 5-10 years or sooner, a full-blown debt or currency crises will emerge, which might correspond with the Chinese currency becoming fully convertible.
That event will mark the official end of the post-WW II U.S. dollar reserve role. I would argue the events of 2008 and early 2009 marked the beginning of the end of American financial hegemony and the emergence of China as reluctant leader of global finance.
It's true the Chinese are reluctant to assume a leadership role in global finance.
China loves a weak currency partially tied to the dollar because of the enormous advantage it gains from export competitiveness; but after the Great Crash of 2008, the Chinese are being drawn into this role because the world starves for exchange-rate stability and financial order. The American model no longer affords stability.
I'm not sure how this new currency regime will surface or transgress over the next decade but one thing I feel pretty strongly about is that by the time it does occur, gold prices will, in retrospect, look like a bargain.
At $1,050 an ounce, other investors obviously feel the same way.
Sincerely,
Eric Roseman,
Investment Director for The Sovereign Society
In short PMS the way to go. I left the ad in the top just for fun.
Also posted in another post

7 reasons
Agreed I posted this time span before for silver 5 years time recently. Gold goes without saying as well. I believe that time clock is already running. Next year will look a lot like this one except you may see some possible unexpected changes in PM values. I believe some possible downward movement that has already started. THen sometime next year wild movements on the upside. Most stock investors are already shakey at best. One bad thing in the market will send them flying into cash to recover before a dip in the markets. I have already heared what they plan and its affects of course will be the same direction but maybe worse.

of one mine

P.S. THe next six months is the time to keep watch. Buy the dips :D

Of one mine

Katwoman
15th December 2009, 01:06
Yes, just like they told us 2 1/2 years ago that "real estate values are not inflated", and that "no downturn was in sight". Then when reality proved otherwise and the housing bubble popped, they assured us that "the subprime crisis would be contained" and that it "would not spread to the broader economy". But when it did, they again assured us that we would only experience an economic "soft landing". Yeah, just like the soft landing the Hindenburg experienced in Lakehurst, New Jersey.

Greenspan lowered interest rates to create a soft landing from the bursting stock market bubble, this led to the housing bubble, which is now leading to an everything bubble as all the remaining air comes out of the USD.