PDA

View Full Version : The MACD is not converging

Katwoman
14th December 2009, 05:32
My analysis now confirms that we are still firmly intrenched in a bull market breakout pattern. There is no indication of the MACD converging from here. Expect a little run up the beginning of this week followed by another brief pullback before the next major move up which will take us to new record highs for gold possible before the end of the year. We could even see silver break $21 this time.

The fundamentals remain bullish as the government continues to spend money with reckless abandon. Central banks continue to increase their gold positions and news media continue to talk about gold.

As always buy the dips.

MasterQ
14th December 2009, 07:19
My analysis now confirms that we are still firmly intrenched in a bull market breakout pattern. There is no indication of the MACD converging from here. Expect a little run up the beginning of this week followed by another brief pullback before the next major move up which will take us to new record highs for gold possible before the end of the year. We could even see silver break $21 this time.

The fundamentals remain bullish as the government continues to spend money with reckless abandon. Central banks continue to increase their gold positions and news media continue to talk about gold.

As always buy the dips.

tsk tsk tsk...and you had your doubts?

/ducks

:D

-Q

macho trader
14th December 2009, 09:03
This is how i do it.

Buy physical silver and gold only, on any dips in price.

Only go long futures on new highs after a shakeout.

Oh and buy the way , ALWAYS trade with stops.

The market has a habit of doing the unexpected when you least expect it. Thats a lesson that costs me gobs of $$$ to learn in the past

Good trading..

Bulls make money , bears make money, chickens make nothing,
Its the lambs and the pigs that get slaughtered.

Macho tader by name, and macho trading is my game.

Katwoman
14th December 2009, 10:17
tsk tsk tsk...and you had your doubts?

/ducks

:D

-Q

Caveat emptor.

If I had no doubts I would trust the government to solve all my problems.

Remember I have remained bullish all along and even in my post about what a correction would look like a said I did not think one was going to happen.

But I am not a fool and I recognize this market is a little shall we say "manipulated"

MasterQ
14th December 2009, 12:00
Caveat emptor.

If I had no doubts I would trust the government to solve all my problems.

Remember I have remained bullish all along and even in my post about what a correction would look like a said I did not think one was going to happen.

But I am not a fool and I recognize this market is a little shall we say "manipulated"

Dammit Kat I ducked...your too fast!

/runs for cover!

beach miner
14th December 2009, 15:18
Good to hear from the three of you in a row. All three of you have have very seperate persectives of how to invest, and view the market. When all of you seem to come together on the same Convergence I can't help but to take note--Kind of like a an SSF mini Webbot. Sure makes riding this Silver Rollercoaster a lot easier. Keep Postin--Keep Learnin. See Ya At The Top.

Katwoman
15th December 2009, 05:39
We had a little run up and now we are seeing the little pullback I expected. The next move will take us up to new highs.

MasterQ
15th December 2009, 09:07
We had a little run up and now we are seeing the little pullback I expected. The next move will take us up to new highs.

17.20 still holding as the bottom.

I'm very pleased with this action.

Looks good Kat!

All systems are a go!

-Q

Katwoman
15th December 2009, 09:46
Up up and away:D

JesterJay
16th December 2009, 00:07
As I have to sell some silver in the next 3 months for a necessary purchase, WHEN will be the ideal time and at what price will it be?
Sell by the end of March, 2010.
What's my target high to sell at? When do you think it will happen?
Get out the crystal ball, please!
NO, NOT all my silver.
Just a bit to keep things going,
JesterJay

Up up and away:D

cdavport
16th December 2009, 00:17
Ive got some cash to use for down payment on a house we are building. I was going to keep it on the sidelines until we close, approximately April 15. However, after this correction, I was thinking about putting cash in SLV, or maybe goldmoney silver, for a few months in hopes of building a little extra. What do you tech traders think? Go for it, or just leave it in cash?

Or maybe I should word it this way. If you were in this same boat, what would you do?

Similar question to JJ above.

Katwoman
16th December 2009, 00:35
IMHO leave it in cash. I do not trade with money I can't afford to lose and given what you need this for you cannot afford to lose it. While I am pretty sure PMs will continue to go up in price and I would put at least 10% of my money in them if I did not already own some PMs I would not try to make money trading in PMs or PM related equities. You buy commodities for two reason, one is a projected change in supply and demand that can drive prices higher and the other is a hedge against inflation. Trading PMs is no different than trading stocks if you time it wrong you can lose everything.

hippiebrian
16th December 2009, 00:51
I agree with Kat. If you had more time I'd say go for it, as Ido believe in the long term silver is the way to go, however no one can tell what will happen over a few short months, and I'd hate to see you lose any of your house down payment.

Katwoman
16th December 2009, 04:46
That said as I predicted silver is up nicely again tonight:)

MasterQ
16th December 2009, 07:32
That said as I predicted silver is up nicely again tonight:)

Did you catch my chart?

Come on Kat..I hate posting all over these threads! :)

-Q

Katwoman
16th December 2009, 08:30
Did you catch my chart?

Come on Kat..I hate posting all over these threads! :)

-Q

:)This day is not over yet.....come on $17.68!!

Katwoman
16th December 2009, 10:10
Here we go MQ :D

MasterQ
16th December 2009, 10:41
Here we go MQ :D

Yup.

That chart was just too bullish to think otherwise.

I hate to say anything negative but let us consider at least that the FOMC hasn't made its statement yet. That being said the markets usually react ahead of the meeting so this could remain bullish.

1st Resistance has been breached and this is very bullish considering the consolidation we just went through.

I'm looking to 17.90's by this friday and will probably double up then.

Don't expect the dollar to be down to the 74's till after the year's end. Oil is helping to sustain this movement as well as inflationary woes.

Good luck to us all!!

-Q

cdavport
16th December 2009, 23:41
IMHO leave it in cash. I do not trade with money I can't afford to lose and given what you need this for you cannot afford to lose it. While I am pretty sure PMs will continue to go up in price and I would put at least 10% of my money in them if I did not already own some PMs I would not try to make money trading in PMs or PM related equities. You buy commodities for two reason, one is a projected change in supply and demand that can drive prices higher and the other is a hedge against inflation. Trading PMs is no different than trading stocks if you time it wrong you can lose everything.

Thanks for the advice. Was leaning that direction. I am deeply invested in PMs already, so I will leave the cash alone and play it on the safer side. I appreciate your opinion. (And Hippies)

Katwoman
18th December 2009, 12:56
This move up today is consistent with my TA and should signal the end of the pullback.

mark2112gum
18th December 2009, 13:09
Be safe with your cash. Your saving it for 'house' money, so you can't afford the risk of losing it. Open an ING account, put the money in it and watch it grow. And yes, I know there interest rate is low, like just over 1%, but that's a sure thing.

There's a saying that investors have:
'Don't gamble with the money in your house'(if you can't afford to lose it, you can't afford to gamble with it!

Play it smart man, limit your risk of losing your cash by taking no risk!

DaleFromCalgary
18th December 2009, 14:24
"Open an ING account"

I am executor for my uncle's estate. He had an account with ING Direct and it took us a year and legal threats from a lawyer to get his money out. Just remember that anything in an Internet account is just electrons on a screen, and when dealing with an international company (ING is Dutch) you are further hampered.

Argyria
19th December 2009, 09:42
What's the difference between Ireland and Iceland? One letter and 6 months.

Katwoman
19th December 2009, 11:12
What's the difference between Ireland and Iceland? One letter and 6 months.

What's the difference between the USA and USSR? Two letters and two decades:p

TheLoneRanger
19th December 2009, 11:34

Now thats funny

Argyria
19th December 2009, 16:55

Let's hope not.

cdavport
19th December 2009, 23:48
Now thats funny

It is, and it isn't. :confused:

akak
19th December 2009, 23:52
Be safe with your cash. Your saving it for 'house' money, so you can't afford the risk of losing it. Open an ING account, put the money in it and watch it grow. And yes, I know there interest rate is low, like just over 1%, but that's a sure thing.

There's a saying that investors have:
'Don't gamble with the money in your house'(if you can't afford to lose it, you can't afford to gamble with it!

Play it smart man, limit your risk of losing your cash by taking no risk!

I understand your point here, but you must also admit that remaining in dollars, or any fiat currency, is also taking a gamble, and a rather bad one long-term I believe. EVERYTHING one does with their money, especially today, involves taking a risk, and I suspect that most people do not have a good or even mediocre estimation of the relative risks involved, as our financial and monetary system careen headlong toward the edge of the cliff.