PDA

View Full Version : Silver news: where has all the silver gone?

of one mine
11th December 2009, 09:52
America’s Silver Stockpile…Gone!

By Eric Roseman
Dear A-Letter Reader,
“It’s gone… There isn’t a single ounce left.”
After weeks of digging through the U.S. Military’s public-relations archive, I confirmed the shocking truth about silver.
Right there, in black and white, it said: The government’s stockpile of has been completely exhausted.

http://www.sovereignsociety.com/Portals/0/deck/mat121009.jpg
Internal Sponsorship
“Unpublished,” 77-year-old Government Program
Makes it Possible to Buy Real Silver for $1.41
Thanks to a little-known government program – that was launched during the Great Depression – there is now an opportunity to acquire silver for $1.41.
Not ETF shares… Not a pooled account… Real, hold-in-your hand silver.
For decades, the Federal Government has tried to “pretend” this program doesn’t exist.
An active President of the United States even “pooh-poohed” it…
But the truth is… it’s been quietly making average investors richer, with each passing month.
And now, you can use it to double… triple… perhaps even quadruple your money on silver over the next 12-24 months. For full details, click here (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/AAEP2Q/AQ/AuN3LA/s16-).

Now, if this had been the Strategic Petroleum Reserve… or all the gold in Fort Knox, odds are, you would have heard about it. The news networks would have been screaming “oil shortage” or “gold hoax.”
But to my knowledge, not one media outlet made a peep about the National Defense silver stockpile when it disappeared.
Why the silent treatment?
I’m not sure. It would be easy to spin some conspiracy theory. After all, the price of silver has more than tripled since the Feds’ announcement.
But I’d much rather focus on what this story means for silver… its supply and demand picture and how you can profit from this precious metal in 2010.
So… Where Did All The Silver Go?

The vast amount of available silver – 95% to be exact – is not used for coinage. Rather it flows into the arms of industry. There is a massive appetite for the white metal, which has more uses than WD-40.
Silver…

Coats energy efficient windows, compact discs and DVDs…
Fires up Plasma TV screens, washing machines and vacuum cleaners…
Plays a key role in silver-oxide batteries (which are replacing lithium in many applications)…
And its anti-bacterial powers make it a popular agent in hospital needles, stethoscopes, furniture, door handles and paper files.Unlike other precious metals, when silver is used up, it can’t be easily reclaimed or recycled. It’s been said that 90% of the silver ever mined has been used up… gone forever.
That fact is backed up by the commodities research firm, CPM Group. Recently, they issued a report that claimed there were 12 billion ounces of silver in the world in 1900. By 1990 that amount collapsed to approximately 2.2 billion ounces. And this year, that figure has declined to less than 1 billion ounces in aboveground-refined silver.
Could new supplies be discovered? Of course. Just as the Brazilian giant, PetroBras tapped a wealth of oil miles below sea level, we could see new supplies of silver come onto the market.
But I wouldn’t bet on a major discovery any time soon.
According to James Blanchard, III, winner of the “von Mises” award from the Ludwig von Mises Institute, “The richest silver deposits are nearest the surface of the earth. The deeper mines go, the less silver they tend to produce.”
In other words, it’s likely that all the primary silver mines in the world have been discovered.
Silver vs. Gold

While I still believe gold is a better long-term store of wealth than silver – I cannot deny the fact that silver can appreciate far more quickly than gold.
Case in point:
On June 21, 1982: Silver traded at $4.98 an ounce, and gold at $301. By February 18, 1983, eight months later, gold had risen to $505.70 (a 68% increase), while silver had soared to $14.71 (a 195% increase)… nearly three-times better than gold.
On January 22, 1979: Gold closed at $233.40, while silver closed at $6.39. One year later, gold had gained 253%; silver 588%!
In 1965: You could buy silver for $1.29 an ounce or gold cost $35 an ounce. Which was a better investment? Incredibly… from 1965 to 1980 gold increased 23.5 times, while silver increased 34.1 times.”
I believe we are on the verge of another massive leap for silver, over the next 12-24 months.
So, What’s the Best Way to Buy Silver?

If you don’t own any silver, now is a good time to start accumulating. I recommend holding bullion.
The most popular way to invest in physical silver is American Eagle coins. These are widely available and may be owned outright or through an IRA. The downside is, they’re expensive. The best price I’ve seen is $20.88 for an ounce of silver. That’s a huge, 19% premium at today’s spot prices.
Bullion bars are a better deal. They come in sizes from 1 ounce all the way to 1,000 ounces and change hands at a far more reasonable premium to silver, typically 4-5% over spot.
But recently, I found a way buy silver that’s issued by the U.S. Government for $1.41 or less, at rates of just 2-3% over spot.
This program remains “unpublished.” (The Federal Government refuses to promote it!) Yet it’s been quietly making average investors richer each month.
And now, thanks to this program, backed by the U.S. Treasury, you could (conservatively) double your money on silver over the next 24 months.
I’ll send you the full details tonight… But if you want a sneak peek, click here (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/AAEP2g/AQ/AuN3LA/wOtf).
Sincerely,
Eric Roseman,
Investment Director for The Sovereign Society
P.S. For more information on the government program that could allow you to buy real, physical silver for $1.41, just click here… (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/AAEP2g/Ag/AuN3LA/jV7o)
Internal Sponsorship
The Most Trumped-up, Dressed-up, Glorified Investment in the
History of Capitalism is About to Become the Most Scorned!
It saved America from two World Wars, a Depression and several recessions. It funded our empire.
China raked in trillions of dollars by exporting oil, gas, copper, lead, zinc — and even toys and electronics to the west.
They quickly went from being subprime borrowers to AAA-rated lenders — swimming in surpluses!

But in their ignorance, they also created one of the biggest asset bubbles known to modern markets.
Click here (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/AAEOGg/AQ/AuN3LA/LNkE) to discover how you can double your money when the day of reckoning finally arrives.

http://www.sovereignsociety.com/Portals/0/ana/fxu_newsletter/newphotos/sean65x85a.jpgGlobal Investor: Three Quick Steps
to Refining Your Forex Research

By Sean Hyman
Editor of Currency Cross Trader

As an FX trader, I know how difficult it is to sort through all the economic news and find key trading themes for currencies.
After all, you can flip on your computer screen at any time 24 hours a day and constantly monitor news coming from Indonesia, Australia, Mexico and everywhere in between.
In fact, some traders call it “analysis paralysis” because if you watch too much news, you actually won’t be able to move forward and actually place trades.
You’ll be paralyzed by information overload.
To help fight this, I have a quick three-step checklist to help you refine your research…
1. Scan through www.dailyfx.com’s (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/AAEMSQ/AQ/AuN3LA/N71Y) economic calendar so that you’re not blindsided by a news announcement that you didn’t know was coming. This way, you’ll not only be ready for the news but you will also be aware if there could be more volatility in that particular currency around the time of the news announcement.
2. Scan through the news on www.bloomberg.com (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/AAEPmg/AQ/AuN3LA/WgoN) so that you will know how financial markets are acting in general: stocks, commodities, etc. You will get a good grip on the “investor sentiment” quickly at that site. You’ll realize if investors are acting out of fear or if they are acting on their trades because of the confidence that they have in the fundamentals.
3. Go to www.tradingeconomics.com (http://clicks.sovereignsociety.com//t/AQ/ucE/v4g/5ns/AQ/AuN3LA/Ch-c) to find the specifics on a currency and note how each currency ranked in important categories like: Interest rates (currencies flourish as rates are high and heading higher), CPI (inflation), GDP growth (how the country is growing) and the jobless rates (what % of the country is unemployed).

I am courious what they mean by 1oz for 1.41? anyone know?

Of one mine

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
11th December 2009, 10:06
So, the author, who could buy silver for himself at $1.41 an ounce and then flip it in the market for an instant 1200% profit, would rather sell you his newsletter on how to accomplish this yourself.

One four letter word is all that is required to explain this.

SCAM.

What is Truth?
11th December 2009, 10:42
So, the author, who could buy silver for himself at $1.41 an ounce and then flip it in the market for an instant 1200% profit, would rather sell you his newsletter on how to accomplish this yourself.

One four letter word is all that is required to explain this.

SCAM.

I bet it's something like going to the bank and buying and sorting though change looking for 90% silver. By the way, did he mention anything about the troy ounces being .999 pure? ;)

PlataTruth
11th December 2009, 11:41
As well, what does the military need coins for, I am sure the inventory for BARS was left out of this little chart. Suckers are born every day.

Longhaul
11th December 2009, 13:48
HERE IS WHERE IT WENT

The stockpile has been pillaged for decades. Here's a good read on what happened to the silver between the 1961 and 1972.

The scam has been going on for a long time.....

......http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/raiders.htm

LETMYSILVERGO
11th December 2009, 14:15
where has all the silver gone?
Long time passing,
where has all the silver gone?,
Long,long time ago??

gone to greed bankster

forexman
11th December 2009, 16:22
The government program that allows you to buy real physical silver for $1.41 is of course is a 90% silver dime.

Argyria
12th December 2009, 01:39
The government program that allows you to buy real physical silver for $1.41 is of course is a 90% silver dime.

Bingo. You're supposed to search for junk silver in your change to 'cash in' on this one. The rest of that article is drivel too.

silverheartbone
12th December 2009, 07:23
Silver news: where has all the silver gone?

Into The SilverSeeker's Stashes?