PDA

View Full Version : London Calling

Katwoman
9th December 2009, 02:31
Yesterday the British bought FRNs. How fitting is it that the country we fought for our independence some 250 years ago is now propping up the fiat currency that enslaves us to an international banking cartel?

So what will the otherwise shiftless Brits do to value of the dollar and gold today? Will they help keep us glued to the Federal Reserve treadmill?

Argyria
9th December 2009, 04:43
Most nations still hold quite a few FRN's and so it is in their best interest to prop up the value at least until they have had time to diversify out into other assets.

Katwoman
9th December 2009, 05:02
Was it something I said or do you think the Brits just decided we are too far gone?

argentos
9th December 2009, 05:46
Was it something I said or do you think the Brits just decided we are too far gone?

Whaddya mean "just" decided?

DaleFromCalgary
9th December 2009, 13:06
A couple of months ago, the Bank of Canada created bonds denominated in US$ in order to help drive down the C$. What is going on worldwide is a slow move to depreciate everyone's currency against the US$ to enable exports. It didn't work; the loonie has been staying in the 95-cent US range.

Canadian manufacturers, mostly concentrated in southern Ontario and Quebec where the votes are, has been coasting for decades using a 70-centUS loonie as a crutch. Now the time has come to pay the piper. Unfortunately, like the USA, Canadian businesses are all in favour of competition and private enterprise as long as it only affects their suppliers, not them. So they run squealing to Ottawa for help.

Paul
9th December 2009, 14:22
Yesterday the British bought FRNs. How fitting is it that the country we fought for our independence some 250 years ago is now propping up the fiat currency that enslaves us to an international banking cartel?

So what will the otherwise shiftless Brits do to value of the dollar and gold today? Will they help keep us glued to the Federal Reserve treadmill?

If I wasn't so shiftless I might take offence at that :D

We bought FRNs? Nobody told me?