PDA

View Full Version : Nadler fled Communist Romania with clothes and gold?

ryshay
5th December 2009, 15:09
Right-wing talkers go for the gold

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30231_Page3.html

“This rich advertising campaign that has sprung up in the last year has almost politicized gold and certainly has estranged it from what gold investing is all about,” said Jon Nadler, a prominent Montreal-based gold analyst for the precious metals dealer Kitco.

Nadler – who says gold can be a very effective “asset allocation device, saving vehicle and long-term prudent insurance position” – fled communist Romania in 1972 with gold ducat coins hidden in his clothing, later using the coins to help pay for his son’s Ivy League education."

Did you guys know this about Nadler? Gold saved his a$$ as a child so now he incessantly talks it down? I don't get it. He of all people should appreciate gold's ability to save us in our most desperate times. And look what gold did for his son?! I don't get it.

Aggie
5th December 2009, 17:08
Perhaps he's just another greedy unmitigated manipulating ungrateful asshole moneychanger?

You do realize we now have more of those than at any other time in history?

No surprises here.

Aggie

Cup-of-Ruin
5th December 2009, 17:29
Right-wing talkers go for the gold

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30231_Page3.html

“This rich advertising campaign that has sprung up in the last year has almost politicized gold and certainly has estranged it from what gold investing is all about,” said Jon Nadler, a prominent Montreal-based gold analyst for the precious metals dealer Kitco.

Nadler – who says gold can be a very effective “asset allocation device, saving vehicle and long-term prudent insurance position” – fled communist Romania in 1972 with gold ducat coins hidden in his clothing, later using the coins to help pay for his son’s Ivy League education."

Did you guys know this about Nadler? Gold saved his a$$ as a child so now he incessantly talks it down? I don't get it. He of all people should appreciate gold's ability to save us in our most desperate times. And look what gold did for his son?! I don't get it.

LOL, typical hypocrite, hey Nadler, @#$% you!

JimBo
5th December 2009, 20:37
I am curious why a pm dealer would have a nadler as a
spokesperson?

Mighty Moose
6th December 2009, 03:30
spokesperson?

Disclaimer: It should be noted that the following statements are in my opinion only & I am not making reference to any specific company or person.

1. Spokesperson or no spokesperson, all bullion dealers make money on premiums regardless of the spot price of any PM.
2. Hot PM markets combined with growing unease relatating to counterparty risk are not as profitable because people are less likely to involve themselves in pool accounts. The logistics of having to come up with the actual metal to put in the hands of more & more clients is less profitable. That metal then has to be replaced which also costs money. This kills the ability to sell the same metal more than once or lease any out, while it sits in a pool account.
3. For whom is the speaking being done? Is it only for company X or is there another employer who benefits from a flat, lifeless, status quo PM market?

akak
6th December 2009, 18:26
Perhaps congenital lying was so pervasive in the Nadler family that the communist Romanian government refused to let them stay?

It is interesting, and revealing, that a man whose very life was saved by gold is waging an incessant and completely untruthful and dishonorable war against it. This says a great deal about the character and integrity of one Jon Nadler, or more precisely, the lack thereof.

Golden
7th December 2009, 06:20
He probably wants to buy gold back at the same price he sold it for all that time ago.

akak
8th December 2009, 15:19
He provides such a valuable sevice to us. Doesn't he? Don't you want to be exposed to all viewpoints before making complex decisions about investments and life in general? Who cares about his character or integrity or psyche? I can easily go beyond that by putting on my thinking cap and be willing to learn from anyone.

So tell me, exactly what "valuable service" is provided by a man who peddles half-truths, misinformation and lies? I'm sorry, but I refuse to consider dishonest and willful disinformation as a "viewpoint". His arguments (when he attempts make any, instead of merely borrowing the words of others) are hackneyed, illogical and laughably full of holes, and there is simply NOTHING to be learned from them, other than the fact that establishment lackeys such as Nadler hate, hate, HATE gold and those who advocate holding it!

hekura
8th December 2009, 18:34
I don't believe Nadler hates gold. However, he doesn't want us to get carried away by all the hype out there. He doesn't focus on silver that much but I surely value all of the information and commentary he provides. I wouldn't have known much about the sharp decline in Indian wedding related gold demand recently except for reading Nadler every day. Will he be proved wrong in the future? Perhaps, but then again maybe not!

...and on that day, the third day following his crucifixion (banning), Jesus (Duney) reassured his people that it was now their time to build their society to reflect the ethos of the individual, righteously led by God. As the future steadily flows around us, and into the past...we are constantly reminded of our inheritance of Jesus' (Duney's) legacy. The coming incarnation (new profile) of Jesus (Duney), will signal the end of time being marked to the beat of human progress. The realization of our identity as merely a single facet of the brilliant jewel that is God, will usher in an era of "universal" citizenship for our species.

-Qu'aran Unfolded.

akak
8th December 2009, 19:06
...and on that day, the third day following his crucifixion (banning), Jesus (Duney) reassured his people that it was now their time to build their society to reflect the ethos of the individual, righteously led by God. As the future steadily flows around us, and into the past...we are constantly reminded of our inheritance of Jesus' (Duney's) legacy. The coming incarnation (new profile) of Jesus (Duney), will signal the end of time being marked to the beat of human progress. The realization of our identity as merely a single facet of the brilliant jewel that is God, will usher in an era of "universal" citizenship for our species.

-Qu'aran Unfolded.

LOL!

I declare Jihad against the hydra-headed anti-silver infidel!

sharehard
8th December 2009, 19:06
Thanks Dunny - I mean "Quincy" - for your powerful insights. ;)

ryshay
8th December 2009, 19:10
Duney resurrection?

I wonder if Duney can ever be banned. If you the ban the username he will just reincarnate (new handle).

Maybe, as long as there are people searching for truth, there will be others to make their search as frustrating and annoying as possible.

If Duney actually cared about the other side of the story, that is one thing. But Duney only cares about picking a fight, pissing people off, and seeing how long he can argue with someone before he gets bored. This is a form of sadism, taking pleasure in the annoyance of others.

akak
8th December 2009, 19:12
I wonder if Duney can ever be banned. If you the ban the username he will just reincarnate (new handle).

Maybe, as long as there are people searching for truth, there will be others to make their search as frustrating and annoying as possible.

If Duney actually cared about the other side of the story, that is one thing. But Duney only cares about picking a fight, pissing people off, and seeing how long he can argue with someone before he gets bored. This is a form of sadism, taking pleasure in the annoyance of others.

Chris Mullen told me that he has banned Duneyman under at least TEN different IP addresses! This troll is seriously disturbed.

akak
8th December 2009, 19:16
spokesperson?

Copied from a post I made on Kitco's own forum yesterday (12/7/09):

Well, Nadler is up to his old tricks again today in bashing and talking down gold. Maybe I should say he is up to other people's tricks, as his blinkered anti-gold bias and lack of originality do not even enable him to make his own pathetically weak arguments against gold, but merely repeat the same tired and discredited arguments of others. Cases in point:

1) He quotes Ned Schmidt quoting the vice-president of the People's Bank of China (wow, third-hand information from a communist central banker!): "Said Mr. Hu Xiaolian: “we must watch out for bubbles forming on certain assets, and be careful in those areas." The fact that the Chinese are heavily investing in gold, looking to increase their sales of gold, and are just transparently trying to talk down the market in preparation for further purchases seems to have been ignored by Mr. Nadler.

2) He then quotes the laughably inaccurate Robert Prechter trying to claim that the price of gold is in a "bubble", and trying to imply that gold is in "The final leg(s) of (a) commodity advance(s)." He throws in Prechter's absurd claim that "Our downside target (for gold) of 'below $680' has not changed." Yep, keep harping on the hypothetical (I will not deign to even say "potential") downside to gold, Nadler, with no mention EVER of the always-depreciating fiat dollar and other currencies that you love so much with your malicious bankster heart.

3) He then uses the MOST discredited strawman argument against any investment or financial asset, comparing the return on one investment (gold) from its prior price peak to another from its concurrent price trough. He quotes today's anti-gold Bloomberg article as follows:

"Gold’s best year in three decades has yet to match the returns of an interest-bearing checking account for anyone who bought the most malleable of metals coveted for at least 5,000 years during the last peak in January, 1980. Investors who paid $850 an ounce back then earned 44 percent as gold reached a record $1,226.56 on Dec. 3 in London."

This disingenuous "argument" is so lacking in logic and reason, it alone is enough to instantly discredit anyone attempting to use it. But that hasn't stopped Nadler from using it, again and again and again. But what about anyone who bought gold in 2000, when it was at $300 while the Dow was at 10,000? How has THAT person (and there many more of THOSE investors than there are of those who bought gold in a 2-week window in January of 1980) done in the last nine years compared to those who bought stocks, eh Jon? Oh, it turns out rather well! Up almost 300% in gold, but virtually even with your beloved equities (paper, gotta love it!) --- and that doesn't take into account dollar depreciation and capital gains taxes in the interim!

4) But that's not all! In the latest anti-gold fearmongering tactic being used by pro-establishment commentators, Nadler THEN goes on to quote Credit Suisse as warning about how potentially rising interest rates threaten to knock down the price of gold. Just as they did in 2003-2005 ---- oops, wait, THAT NEVER HAPPENED! Yes, Jon, even somebody with your limited grasp of facts (much less the truth) and weak historical perspective should have noticed that as interest rates ROSE in the middle part of this decade, so did the price of gold! This is as much a red-herring as all your former fearmongering about proposed IMF sales knocking down the price of gold, until the exact OPPOSITE happened with India's recent 200 ton purchase from the IMF!

In every case and every quote, the pathetic anti-gold propaganda of Jon Nadler falls flat, being proved to be the half-truths or outright lies that they are. But that is irrelevant to the man, whose blatant and malicious anti-gold, pro-central bankster agenda will simply not be swayed.