PDA

View Full Version : Should I

slvr
4th December 2009, 11:05
Buy some GAE or Gold Buffalo's" today? Nice littel pullback, but premiums are now $99.

Thoughts on pulling the trigger and or Buffalo vs. GAE?

Appreciate the input!

DaleFromCalgary
4th December 2009, 11:26
I haven't bought gold for several weeks. I'm hoping today's correction lasts into early next week, and if gold goes down, I'll buy some more Maple Leafs. I'm eleven ounces short of my planned goal for long-term holdings. Frustrating to be so near and yet so far away!

I also haven't been able to buy any more palladium as my dealer is out. Online dealers are far too expensive.

Over-the-counter silver is running low but still obtainable, albeit not in the quantities or sizes desired. I may be forced to switch from 10-ounce silver bars to silver Maple Leafs.

slvr
4th December 2009, 11:39
I haven't bought gold for several weeks. I'm hoping today's correction lasts into early next week, and if gold goes down, I'll buy some more Maple Leafs. I'm eleven ounces short of my planned goal for long-term holdings. Frustrating to be so near and yet so far away!

I also haven't been able to buy any more palladium as my dealer is out. Online dealers are far too expensive.

Over-the-counter silver is running low but still obtainable, albeit not in the quantities or sizes desired. I may be forced to switch from 10-ounce silver bars to silver Maple Leafs.
Well, I just pulled the trigger (Buffalos)... Oh, well.. in for the long run and I just can't stand holding FRN's

DaleFromCalgary
4th December 2009, 11:51
Over the long run, I wouldn't sweat the price. I buy on dips but I don't agonize if I didn't time it correctly; no one can.

paperplane
4th December 2009, 12:17
good job... im itching for that too... might just get trigger happy :razz:

slvr
4th December 2009, 12:32
Thanks for the encouragment!! It helps a lot :)

I just don't want to wake up one day and find out there is none left to buy.

Jake
4th December 2009, 13:14
Thanks for the encouragment!! It helps a lot :)

I just don't want to wake up one day and find out there is none left to buy.

You're either a Trader or a Holder.
A trader eventually gets it wrong or he gets it wrong too often.
Gold and silver are not like stocks. They aren't overbought or oversold in the same sense.

They are the truest form of value, without allegiance to anyone, to any consortium or any country. As such, they fluctuate, but never fall away from granting to the holder the ability to buy any good or service in the future with the money you used to pay for it today.

You will always be able to say, "I can buy that thing or service in the future for the silver or gold I hold today without the intervention of an outside entity taking his "cut" for your "privilege" to hold it as it conveys no tax, no interest, no identity, no paper trail, no debt. However, it moves against all other forms of debt instruments over time.

Never be scared to hold gold or silver at any price unless you plan on dying before you exchange it for that good or service you desire.

Therefore, Trading it, or selling it because you are of a belief that it might be overbought will cost you in the long run.

In the short run, it fluctuates, don't confuse this with its ability to hold that same value to get you what you want in the future. Leave the Trading to those who think they can predict the future.

SilverLite
4th December 2009, 13:22
Good for you Slvr! I remember in 2008 the local dealers in my area practically dried up (or those greedy bastards didn't want to give the shiny stuff up at the low price...take your pick). I ended up buying a lot of free-pours at very low price. If I ever needed to take it back to the same dealer, i'd get more back than what i bought it for.

Agreed Dale, I just bought a tube of AE's myself...price went down...oh well, I'm buying a hell of a lot more when i get my green stuff next week. :)

DaleFromCalgary
9th December 2009, 10:46
On Monday (Dec 7), I went back into gold and bought five Maple Leafs. Calgary over-the-counter price was C$1,270, down from C$1,311 last week. After this I only have to buy six more ounces to reach my limit on gold. Then I'll concentrate on silver if I can get 10-ounce bars.

Silver bars are still sold out here, although coins are available. I'm competing with some other customer who is vacuuming up the silver bar supply. Must have more oil than I do.

I've given up asking for palladium, which is what I was hoping to build up next before the supply ran out. Because palladium is subject to sales tax and import duties, any on-line sources I've checked are far more expensive than here in Calgary (Alberta does not have a provincial sales tax).

Still buying conventional oil, mostly as limited-partnership units (part ownership of a group of wells; no fixed payment but get a proportion of the cash flow from the oil/gas these wells produce). If you live in a petroleum-producing area, I recommend these for a steady income flow.

chroNick
9th December 2009, 11:42
I would buy it now. Don't worry about $50 bucks. Theres some support at 1050, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even test the level. My instinct is that this correction is nearly over. So like I said, don't stress over 50 bucks. Or you could hedge yourself a bit buy shorting GLD and buying the physical, and covering after it goes down 30 bucks or so to get a nice scalp. If it moves above 1200 i think thats enough confirmation that the correction is done, and it's going back up..