PDA

View Full Version : Either I'm Getting Bigger Or Everything Is Shrinking

LETMYSILVERGO
3rd December 2009, 23:27
I Picked Up A Can Of Soup Today & It More Like My Grandma's Thimble.

The Folgers Instant Coffee Is Now 8 Oz, Last Mo It Was 10 1/2 Zz.

I Was Laughing At The Size Of A Chunk Of Cheese-- It Looked Like A Small Bar Of Soap-- It Used To Be One Freakin' Pound.

A Half Gallon Of Ice Cream Is 3 Pints--- All I Can Say { Scream!!} Is

You Dirty Rottin Mommy Ffffff'ssss.

I'll Pay The Difference, Just Quit Trying To Fool Us.

When A Slice Of Bread Gets To The Size Of A Postage Stamp ???

Well I Guess We Shall All Lose Some Weight When A "big Boy Jupbo

Wopper Mac Hamburger" Is Twice As Small--as-y0u Know Those Little

Square Hamburgers That Used To Cost 13 Cent & You Could Stick 4

Of Them In Your Mouth...the Name Slips My Mind Right Now---

Any Hoooo, Bitch, Bitch Bitch.

If One Of Those Giant Super Sausages That Are Still Around 4

Inches In Diameter, Starts Looking Like A Vienna Sausage, I Swear I

Will Stick " Where The Sun Don't Shine " In The Wallmart Or Kroger Or Who-ever Manager.

I'm Surprised, Silver And Gold Have Not Left The Troy Oz, For The Smaller One-- Just Wait.

Boy This Was Fun !!!!!!!!!!!! ThANks For Letting Me Vent Or Unstress.

akak
3rd December 2009, 23:35

I Was Laughing At The Size Of A Chunk Of Cheese-- It Looked Like A Small Bar Of Soap-- It Used To Be One Freakin' Pound.

Will Stick " Where The Sun Don't Shine " In The Wallmart Or Kroger Or Who-ever Manager.

I'm Surprised, Silver And Gold Have Not Left The Troy Oz, For The Smaller One-- Just Wait.

I agree! Every time this happens to a product that I routinely buy, I call the company and bitch big time, with just your words: "Do you really think we are that STUPID as not to notice your product size is shrinking??!!" They usually just offer me a coupon for another free, downsized version of the same. When they start doing the same thing with toilet paper, the S is REALLY going to hit the F, literally!

ryshay
3rd December 2009, 23:42
I agree! Every time this happens to a product that I routinely buy, I call the company and bitch big time, with just your words: "Do you really think we are that STUPID as not to notice your product size is shrinking??!!" They usually just offer me a coupon for another free, downsized version of the same. When they start doing the same thing with toilet paper, the S is REALLY going to hit the F, literally!

Right--this is inflation. Don't let anyone tell you there is not inflation in food. USGovt loves this packaging trickery because it lets the USGovt report that inflation is contained, thanks to their use of hedonics and other shenanigans.

At this rate, soon we will be buying a bag of rice with 3 kernels in it, and the bulk pack will have 10 kernels for $5.00. Then, a Hershey bar will be called a Hershey wafer, and gasoline will be priced in CUPS, not gallons, at $3.00/cup.

LETMYSILVERGO
4th December 2009, 00:09

WOW!! I never thought about toilet paper, it will the size of a roll of stamp soon. AND I'M GOING TO START CALLING EVERY SHRINKING SHRINKER I FIND.

LETMYSILVERGO
4th December 2009, 00:12
if we were on the metric system, they would screws us on the Hour , one milli gram at a time.

SilverLite
4th December 2009, 02:53
WOW!! I never thought about toilet paper, it will the size of a roll of stamp soon. AND I'M GOING TO START CALLING EVERY SHRINKING SHRINKER I FIND.
Interesting...Well, better start counting my sheets... :)

TexAsh
4th December 2009, 07:11

So Sheryl Crow - who swore to us that one square is plenty - two in emergencies - is a claivoyant oracle, huh?

gottago
4th December 2009, 08:13

"whitecastle"?????

Longhaul
4th December 2009, 09:50
Hamburger Station, the original.

Just to add some fun to the game, maybe the FED will increase the size of the dollar bill by 10% to make you feel better.

LETMYSILVERGO
5th December 2009, 00:21
"whitecastle"?????

Yea, that's the ticket, u culd shove 2 up your nose and 5 imn your mouth and still live--- "well that's your FUTURE SUPER BIG-ASS BURGER" ---

ENJOY EM, WHL U CAN STILL SEE 'EM, GOD BLESS US ALL

akak
5th December 2009, 00:40
So Sheryl Crow - who swore to us that one square is plenty - two in emergencies - is a claivoyant oracle, huh?

I'd like to hear her claim that a few hours after eating a meal of lentils and brown rice! One square isn't even enough to blow my nose into, much less deal with bigger jobs!

fansubs_ca
5th December 2009, 02:03
"Do you really think we are that STUPID as not to notice your product size is shrinking??!!"

Well sir, not you specifically. However our research has shown that
there is a high correlation between people who are too stupid to figure
out increasing the money supply is the cause of inflation and people
who are too stupid to notice the product size shrinking. ;)

valerb
5th December 2009, 02:29
Hamburger Station, the original.

Just to add some fun to the game, maybe the FED will increase the size of the dollar bill by 10% to make you feel better.

I don't remember Hamburger Station, but I do remember driving up to Detroit from Toledo in 1960, when it was still safe I might add and always stopping at White castle for onion burgers topped with a whiff of meat.

For those of you that have never had the pleasure, the meat patty was really thin and they cut holes out of the meat to reduce the costs. So, it really looked more like a piece of swiss cheese.

Longhaul, you must be ancient to remember something before White castle.

Where and when was White Castle founded?

In 1921 with $700 of borrowed money, the first White Castle opens in Wichita, Kansas, offering hamburgers at the unbelievable price of $.05 a piece.

That was the year my mother was born!!!!

valerb
5th December 2009, 02:44

The dumb ass people in this country can't even use basic math and the stores take advantage of them all the time.

16 oz size $1.50
32 oz size $3.45

We are all trained to believe the larger size is a better buy.

People, if your too god damn dumb to do a little math in your head, buy a frigging calculator. It will more than pay for itself on your next shopping trip.

silverheartbone
5th December 2009, 05:42
I don't remember Hamburger Station, but I do remember driving up to Detroit from Toledo in 1960, when it was still safe I might add and always stopping at White castle for onion burgers topped with a whiff of meat.

For those of you that have never had the pleasure, the meat patty was really thin and they cut holes out of the meat to reduce the costs. So, it really looked more like a piece of swiss cheese.

Longhaul, you must be ancient to remember something before White castle.

Where and when was White Castle founded?

In 1921 with $700 of borrowed money, the first White Castle opens in Wichita, Kansas, offering hamburgers at the unbelievable price of $.05 a piece.

That was the year my mother was born!!!!

They were still a nickel in the late 1950s.

And the holes were added in the 1960's.
Never thought about the holes as inflation until now,
as it was marketed as an innovation to cook the meat faster.

TheLoneRanger
5th December 2009, 06:15
For those that worry about the One Sheet solution with Toilet Paper

The famed philosopher and poet Baxter Black has some thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LT6RAnJVQ&feature=related

Argyria
5th December 2009, 07:10
They should arm our troops with White Castle and Old Style. Then we could do some suicide bombing of our own. Oh wait, chemical warfare is illegal.

gottago
5th December 2009, 09:15
The dumb ass people in this country can't even use basic math and the stores take advantage of them all the time.

16 oz size $1.50
32 oz size $3.45

We are all trained to believe the larger size is a better buy.

People, if your too god damn dumb to do a little math in your head, buy a frigging calculator. It will more than pay for itself on your next shopping trip.

This so true...

My wife and I have noticed this for awhile. We have been in the store and watched people reach right around us to pick up the larger box as we were commenting on the higher prices.

There truly has been a "dumbing down " of America going on for sometime now...

Argyria
5th December 2009, 09:23
This so true...

My wife and I have noticed this for awhile. We have been in the store and watched people reach right around us to pick up the larger box as we were commenting on the higher prices.

There truly has been a "dumbing down " of America going on for sometime now...

There is much less emphasis on arithmetic, reading and writing skills in elementary schools today in favor of learning about things like 'social justice', 'political correctness', 'cultural sensitivity' and 'self actualization'. Today's young generation tend to be smug, spoiled and stupid. The other day I watched a cashier pull out a calculator to add 12 + 7.

hippiebrian
5th December 2009, 11:05
While I agree with everything in this thread about shrinkage equalling inflation, and yes, I'd rather pay more for the same amount, I can't complain about the shrinking of burgers. Seriously, have you seen the size of the average American? Checked out the latest heart condition and diabetes rates? Shrinkage of burgers and fries is nothing but a good thing!

LETMYSILVERGO
5th December 2009, 11:26
DO U KNOW HOW MucH IT COSTS TO KEEP A SMOKING MONKEY AVATAR IN FAGS??? {SMOKES}
WHEN I WAS IN THE NAVY, AT SEA, A CARTOON WAS JUST $1.50 -- i THINK I'M GOING TO GET ONE OF THOSE ROLLING MACHINES FOR MY MONKEY- IF HE STARTS BITCHIN' HE IS OT OF HERE.

I have notice several times that the 2 8 oz items where 50 cents cheaper than the pound.

TheLoneRanger
5th December 2009, 12:38
WHEN I WAS IN THE NAVY, AT SEA, A CARTOON WAS JUST $1.50 -- i THINK I'M GOING TO GET ONE OF THOSE ROLLING MACHINES FOR MY MONKEY- IF HE STARTS BITCHIN' HE IS OT OF HERE.

I have notice several times that the 2 8 oz items where 50 cents cheaper than the pound.

LetMy.. I have been rolling my own.. actually making my own.. I use pre made filtered tubes and a stuffing machine.. for about $11.00-$12.00 a carton the outfit I get my supplies from has about 20 different Tobaccos.. if you are interested PM me I give you some links and tips.

valerb
5th December 2009, 13:12

When I took my voyage on a military transport ship to Germany in 1963, a carton was a $1.10 and $1.80 once on land in Germany. I noticed a sign at the gas station last week, a pack of camels was just under $5 + tax. I guess that meant local sales tax. The most expensive pack was almost $6 + tax. I can't remember anymore, but I think you could probably get a carton for that price when i quit in 1976. I quit cold turkey and never smoked another cigarette again, but I did dream about it for the next decade. Some dreams were so convincing that I would Wake up and asked my wife if I had started smoking again. She would just laugh and say, not another one of those dreams!!

LETMYSILVERGO
5th December 2009, 13:52
When I took my voyage on a military transport ship to Germany in 1963, a carton was a $1.10 and $1.80 once on land in Germany. I noticed a sign at the gas station last week, a pack of camels was just under $5 + tax. I guess that meant local sales tax. The most expensive pack was almost $6 + tax. I can't remember anymore, but I think you could probably get a carton for that price when i quit in 1976. I quit cold turkey and never smoked another cigarette again, but I did dream about it for the next decade. Some dreams were so convincing that I would Wake up and asked my wife if I had started smoking again. She would just laugh and say, not another one of those dreams!!

I was in Australia in 07, cigs where $19.00 a pack--

I quit smoking in 1980, and for years I would have those same dreams, wake and sure I backside back to 2 packs a day-- sure seamed real..

i got sober 1992---I was only a functional drunk from 1967 to 92, just 25 years lol--- but getting off the smokes was harder than the booze--- If my smokin' avatar monkey, want to get that MONKEY off his back, he's gonna to do it by himself.

ryshay
5th December 2009, 14:35
I was in Australia in 07, cigs where $19.00 a pack--

I quit smoking in 1980, and for years I would have those same dreams, wake and sure I backside back to 2 packs a day-- sure seamed real..
but getting off the smokes was harder than the booze---

So, does it make you want to smoke again when every time you post a message and see your smoking monkey? Every time you get an urge, just grab a stack of silver rounds, shake them in your hand, and sing "Jingle Bells". I hear that works. ;)

PlataTruth
5th December 2009, 14:40
Well LMSG, if your new avatar wont quit, you can always spank your monkey.:p

Argyria
5th December 2009, 23:46
LetMy.. I have been rolling my own.. actually making my own.. I use pre made filtered tubes and a stuffing machine.. for about $11.00-$12.00 a carton the outfit I get my supplies from has about 20 different Tobaccos.. if you are interested PM me I give you some links and tips.

You seem like the type that might be interested in trying a vaporizer for your tobacco instead of smoking it. You get all the nicotine, and really great flavor, but much much less tar since the tobacco doesn't burn. A vaporizer blows very hot air through the tobacco and you get a smoky vapor from the oils and nicotine on it.

TheLoneRanger
6th December 2009, 00:20
Well.. I've had hot air blown at me by alot of people and things.. never done much for me quite frankly.

LETMYSILVERGO
6th December 2009, 00:24
Well LMSG, if your new avatar wont quit, you can always spank your monkey.:p

that's funny, very funny, so instead of choking the chicken -- I have a new avatar to introduce, while Mr Monkey is in rehab... Long time ago, i was going to go to rehab, but I found out they don't serve Booze there. Say hello to Mr Bean.

LETMYSILVERGO
6th December 2009, 00:27
You seem like the type that might be interested in trying a vaporizer for your tobacco instead of smoking it. You get all the nicotine, and really great flavor, but much much less tar since the tobacco doesn't burn. A vaporizer blows very hot air through the tobacco and you get a smoky vapor from the oils and nicotine on it.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN U EXPLAIN THIS AGAIN, IN DETAIL--- i HAVE THENEED THE INFO IN THIS ..PLEASE!!!

Argyria
6th December 2009, 01:01
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN U EXPLAIN THIS AGAIN, IN DETAIL--- i HAVE THENEED THE INFO IN THIS ..PLEASE!!!

Well, there are several different designs, but they all focus on passing air that is around 170 Celsius (about 340 F) through some ground up tobacco or weed, this causes the THC or nicotine to vaporize from the plant material. Then you either catch the vapor in a plastic bag that has a mouth piece and a valve on it, or breathe it directly through a tube. If you use the bag type, you can fill the bag with vapor, then take a hit off it when you want to, up to 5 minutes later the vapor is still good. The bag's size can be set to personal size or party size. The flavor is so much better than smoke it makes smoke taste 'burnt' by comparison. Its very fresh and flavorful. I used to use mine for weed, but I quit some time ago. You can google 'vaporizer' to find information on specific models and brands.

Since there is no combustion, you get much less tar, less carcinogens, and no ash.

valerb
6th December 2009, 01:31
LETMYSILVERGO, it that new AVATAR you being jacked around by the Silver shorts?

Your best one was your self portrait, while on your 25 year bing laying in the gutter and your funniest one was the after effects from that Swine Flu Shot.

Burticus
6th December 2009, 08:48
Enjoyed my arch-colleagues' twisted grumbling above. I can't even go shopping with the wife, since I methodically compare ingredients and cost per ounce, while she grab-grabs. Since I shop for groceries infrequently, I can easily see the large increases in food prices. I have also witlessed people buying the large size package of some items, even though the price is more per ounce than the smaller size. Obviously, the plan to dumb down 'murka through the gubmint scrools and media has been quite effective.

Though my first ancestor, a Welshman, sailed here from England in 1658, I saw this political/economic train wreck coming and thought about getting out of this rat hole in 1994, actually obtaining permanent resident visas to move my family to Australia. I went Down Under in 1995 and, though the people are wonderful and the country is beautiful, I was devastated to find out the Aussie gubmint was even more F'd up than here in 'murka, in the process of disarming their subjects when I was there - perfect timing to land a bitch-slap reminder up side my ukranium that they have no Bill of Rights. Cigs were around $A5 at the time, mostly tax, of course, which was astronomical compared to the price here. Still, it is hard to believe that one pack of 20 cigs now costs $A19 in Australia and would like to get this intel confirmed by a real Aussie member with a 'roo for an avatar.

I just paid about 35 FeRNs for a carton of cheapo cigs at the local MohammoMart, mostly tax of course, since you could probably manufacture the whole damn carton for under 5 FeRNs. I also recently got some more 100 pound bags of rice at the ChicanoMart for 34 FeRNs (less than 2 oz of silver) and 100 pound bags of beans (grown in Canada) at my favorite local Puerto Rican restaurant for 70 FeRNs (less 4 oz of silver at the time). These will barter for more ten times silver/gold than I paid when sheeple are, as 'Brian says, blamming each other for a can o' beans.

The downside of the "just-in-time" inventory system used by most major companies these days is if any link in the supply chain breaks, there may be only 2-3 days of product on the shelves. If "credit" is not available for farmers, truckers, distributors, retailers, etc., food shipments will be interrupted. Also, when the Arabs refuse to take paper/electron FeRNs for their oil, our entire food supply model will change, as it will no longer be cost-effective to grow and truck fresh produce from Cali or South America to New York.

When the stupermarket shelves remind you of Old Mother Hubbard (like ammo shelves are now) and the gubmint yanks its dependent crying babies' mouths off its tit and refuses to change their overflowing diapers, the tent cities will erupt in food riots. Food is still cheap and plentiful, so everyone should be storing a bunch now before the credit collapse and soaring oil prices disrupt the food supply chain. Dried food packaged in Mylar bags with desiccants and oxygen absorbers (Sorbent Systems) and stored in HDPE#2 Homer buckets (from Deep Homo) with O-ring gasket lids has a shelf life of 25-30 years. Freeze dried food is better, but the cost is much higher.

My colleague at work is needling me about using the vaporizing contraption described above to quit cigs (never heard of it being used for weed before, but thanks for the tip...), which I need to do.

Also, my political associate, Kathy "the Gold Lady" (who buys scrap gold jewelry off E-gay for cheap and sells to refiners), told me she started buying huge sacks of terbaccy and rolling her own cigs. She says they taste much better than manufactured cigs, at a fraction of the cost. However, I'm not sure how long it takes to roll a pack and whether it is worth an hour(?) of work a day to save 4 FeRNs.

Some of the jewelry Kathy gets is so beautiful with such fine workmanship that she does not have the heart to melt it. Since I helped Kathy get her first pistol last year, she lets me look through these items for birthday, Christmas and wedding anniversary gifts for my (disrespectful, disobedient and unappreciative) English wife, who says you can't buy anything with silver and that she "won't eat that crap" when referring to my stored food while pointing at me with one finger and circling another finger around her temple.

Wife gets irritated, knowing that she is playing my game when I get her gifts that are really investments in hard assets that I got for cheap, but she cannot complain, since the pieces I get are solid gold (some with diamonds and other precious stones) and absolutely gorgeous, giving me the easily-defended moral high ground. The last Krugerrand I got her cost me about 450 FeRNs. Hahahaha!

LETMYSILVERGO
6th December 2009, 10:06
LETMYSILVERGO, it that new AVATAR you being jacked around by the Silver shorts?

Your best one was your self portrait, while on your 25 year bing laying in the gutter and your funniest one was the after effects from that Swine Flu Shot.

YEA, THAT'S THE SHORTS PULLING RUG OUT FROM US ALL THE TIME--MR PIGMAN WAS A CLASSIC. I'VE GOT A REAL COOL ONE OF MR BEAN MAKING FACES, BUT IT IS TOO BIG TO UP OR DOWNLOAD??

SOBRIETY IS THE BEST REVENGE!!!!!!

LETMYSILVERGO
6th December 2009, 10:33
This Is My New Choriogrpaher-- I'm Learning Some New Dance Steps--

I Australia In Perth Or Sydney-- Not Out In The Bush-- A Small House,one Car Garage Was 500.000--- Rent Was So High They Quote It By The Week--my Friend Paid $21,000 A Year Rent For An Old Run Down House.

Global Warming Is Real There--- Lots Of Rivers Have Just Dried Up.
A Case Of Beer (24 Cans) Was $60.00---
No One Has A Back Yard Anymore, As They Have Built Another House In The Rear.

The Crime Rate Is Very Low, As Folks Have To Work So Much They Don't Have Time To Rob Anyone---

Beautiful Blue Skys-- But If U R In Sun More Than 5 Minutes , My Shin Started To Sizzle.

A Stakk Of Celery Was More Than 3 To 4 Foot High-- I Burst Out Laughing When I First Saw One--

They Have This 3rd Part Insurance, So If U Run Into A Tree , You Can Sue Your Self For Cash.

They Used To Joke Calling Themselves A Banana Republic--but Now The Us Dollar Is About Equal-- They Had China Print Their Money--ain't That A Bitch.

The Go Rid Of The $1.00 Bill-- They Just Pulled Them From Circulation--- They Have A One And Two Dollar Coin.

After Awhile Your Pants Start Falling Down From Toting So Much Change---and They Drive On The Other Side Of The Road..

I Have A Good Case Of Dyslexia- So I Was Driving Down The Middle Most Of The Time(lol)

Argyria
6th December 2009, 23:57
My colleague at work is needling me about using the vaporizing contraption described above to quit cigs (never heard of it being used for weed before, but thanks for the tip...), which I need to do.

It's actually primarily used for weed, but I was speculating that it would work pretty well for tobacco too. It is no doubt much safer than smoking, but I wouldn't view it as quitting, it merely gives you an alternative method of consumption. When used with weed, it is more potent even than a water pipe.