PDA

View Full Version : Trade 10oz Gold??

paperplane
3rd December 2009, 01:45
I've been contemplating on trading 10 ozers of my Gold stack for a monster box, but not sure if its a good idea or not? yay or nay? :confused:

aequitas
3rd December 2009, 02:13
10 oz of gold at a spot price of $1217 is worth $12170

So a monster box for $12170 comes out to $24.34 per ASE

With spot for Silver at $19.25 thats way to large of a premium.

9 oz of gold would be a fair deal for a monster box.

paperplane
3rd December 2009, 03:00
10 oz of gold at a spot price of $1217 is worth $12170

So a monster box for $12170 comes out to $24.34 per ASE

With spot for Silver at $19.25 thats way to large of a premium.

9 oz of gold would be a fair deal for a monster box.

yeah, thought id add to that mon'star' :D considering there would be some to spare. appreciate your technicals

aequitas
3rd December 2009, 04:00
In the long run if the Gold to Silver ratio returns closer to 1:16 it could be a better investment. However for the moment it seems like gold is rising faster due to central bank buying and hedge funds going long.

akak
3rd December 2009, 04:49
In the long run if the Gold to Silver ratio returns closer to 1:16 it could be a better investment. However for the moment it seems like gold is rising faster due to central bank buying and hedge funds going long.

Yes, all good reasons why I still feel comfortable having some gold to go along with the silver. I hope that doesn't mark me as a "traitor" to silver here! :eek:

(Now don't anyone go lumping me in with the Duneyman!)

MasterQ
3rd December 2009, 07:41
Yes, all good reasons why I still feel comfortable having some gold to go along with the silver. I hope that doesn't mark me as a "traitor" to silver here! :eek:

Not even close.

Isn't it commonly said that gold is for retirement and silver is for trading the ratio?

Gold insures your silver profits as well so don't fret!

-Q

argent_pur
3rd December 2009, 09:08

Nah...I have and buy both as well. A little diversification is good for me:)

Longhaul
3rd December 2009, 11:53
I say nay to a trade for ASEs. If you bought 10 oz. bars at a way lower prem. you gain almost 107 oz. in the deal.

Like Gino's saying, 100 plus oz. of silver is a lot of coin to leave behind on the table.

paperplane
3rd December 2009, 13:16
I say nay to a trade for ASEs. If you bought 10 oz. bars at a way lower prem. you gain almost 107 oz. in the deal.

Like Gino's saying, 100 plus oz. of silver is a lot of coin to leave behind on the table.

:eek:hmm... thats some good food for thought.. and yeah i got it at low prems

paperplane
3rd December 2009, 13:17
Not even close.

Isn't it commonly said that gold is for retirement and silver is for trading the ratio?

Gold insures your silver profits as well so don't fret!

-Q

thank you SIFU Q..