PDA

View Full Version : Year end projections have been reached

Katwoman
2nd December 2009, 09:02
Hi everybody,

I have noted that the year end predictions for PM priced have just about been met and the holiday shopping season is now upon us.

A few points to make.

First, we "could" see a pullback from here before the next leg up simply due to the market appearing "overbought". Note that I say "could" because this holiday season could also be really good for PMs. I fully expect many people who now "get it" will be giving real money (instead of FRNs) to their loved ones this year. That said, the upwards momentum we have been witnessing could continue driving silver and gold to $21 and $1300 respectively by the end of the year. Furthermore, it might even "accelerate" just as congress acknowledges it plans to accelerate its spending on wars etc. which will only serve to further devalue to the USD.

Second, there has been no discernible change in the behavior of our congress with regard to reducing spending while the dollar continues to slide. Many people who laughed at us just 6 months ago are listening intently now......realizing that at the very least they have missed a remarkable opportunity to turn their FRNs into real money.

Finally even a 20% pullback in gold prices now would only bring us back to $1000 per ounce which is still an unprecedentedly high price for gold. But remember the cat is now out of the bag and so those holding gold who have learned about the value of sound money are not going to let that happen all too quickly. We have frank confirmation of this because the dollar index has slid only slightly since gold first hit $1000 and yet gold has gone up 20%!!! In fact, it would take a tremendous uptick in the dollar index to shake people out of gold now and quite frankly even then I doubt most people will sell gold for a price below $1000 unless the US reduced its debt to GDP ratio which we all know is not going to happen.

As for silver the volatility remains due to its continued use as an industrial metal but we also are seeing it transformed into a monetary metal before our eyes. The movement in silver prices this year have been largely monetary as the close correlation between the gold and silver charts reveal. The 800 pound gorilla in the room is industrial demand which ironically will soon start to drive major upwards spikes in silver prices as industry leaders attempt to lock in their supplies ahead of the next monetary up tick.

If Alf Field is correct, and this year suggests he is, we will see $3500 gold before the next major correction occurs. We will see small pullbacks before then but nothing that would shake me out of the tree.

As always buy the dips

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:D

Kat

MasterQ
2nd December 2009, 09:11
Hi everybody,

I have noted that the year end predictions for PM priced have just about been met and the holiday shopping season is now upon us.

A few points to make.

First, we "could" see a pullback from here before the next leg up simply due to the market appearing "overbought". Note that I say "could" because this holiday season could also be really good for PMs. I fully expect many people who now "get it" will be giving real money (instead of FRNs) to their loved ones this year. That said, the upwards momentum we have been witnessing could continue driving silver and gold to $21 and $1300 respectively by the end of the year. Furthermore, it might even "accelerate" just as congress acknowledges it plans to accelerate its spending on wars etc. which will only serve to further devalue to the USD.

Second, there has been no discernible change in the behavior of our congress with regard to reducing spending while the dollar continues to slide. Many people who laughed at us just 6 months ago are listening intently now......realizing that at the very least they have missed a remarkable opportunity to turn their FRNs into real money.

Finally even a 20% pullback in gold prices now would only bring us back to $1000 per ounce which is still an unprecedentedly high price for gold. But remember the cat is now out of the bag and so those holding gold who have learned about the value of sound money are not going to let that happen all too quickly. We have frank confirmation of this because the dollar index has slid only slightly since gold first hit $1000 and yet gold has gone up 20%!!! In fact, it would take a tremendous uptick in the dollar index to shake people out of gold now and quite frankly even then I doubt most people will sell gold for a price below $1000 unless the US reduced its debt to GDP ratio which we all know is not going to happen.

As for silver the volatility remains due to its continued use as an industrial metal but we also are seeing it transformed into a monetary metal before our eyes. The movement in silver prices this year have been largely monetary as the close correlation between the gold and silver charts reveal. The 800 pound gorilla in the room is industrial demand which ironically will soon start to drive major upwards spikes in silver prices as industry leaders attempt to lock in their supplies ahead of the next monetary up tick.

If Alf Field is correct, and this year suggests he is, we will see $3500 gold before the next major correction occurs. We will see small pullbacks before then but nothing that would shake me out of the tree.

As always buy the dips

Kat

How funny and welcome back kat!

I just was told the exact same thing from my broker.

Targets for the year have been met and stop losses are now being put in place.

Seems everyone is enjoying the rally but are a bit more cautious hitting these targets in such short order.

Guess I wasn't the only one.

-Q

SilverJim
2nd December 2009, 09:12
Glad to see you back. I hope you will stay and continue to post. By the way, who is Alf Field anyway? Is that the hairy muppet from that old TV show? :rolleyes:

Katwoman
2nd December 2009, 09:17
Glad to see you back. I hope you will stay and continue to post. By the way, who is Alf Field anyway? Is that the hairy muppet from that old TV show? :rolleyes:

I will try not to outstay my welcome.

I am sure you are just joshing with me about Alf but since some new comers really might not know who he is here is a link:

http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/alf_field.html

Katwoman
2nd December 2009, 09:20
How funny and welcome back kat!

I just was told the exact same thing from my broker.

Targets for the year have been met and stop losses are now being put in place.

Seems everyone is enjoying the rally but are a bit more cautious hitting these targets in such short order.

Guess I wasn't the only one.

-Q

If a pullback greater than 10% happens without a change in the fundamentals it will be great buying opportunity.

Katwoman
2nd December 2009, 10:09
Good to see your i.d. darlin'.

I was seriously worried about you! Didn't realize you'd said a proper goodbye and took a hiatus.

That works sometimes, doesn't it?

Thanks Suz.....I am glad to know people are looking out for me.

Yes, deeper water is often more calm. About a year ago I told many people who did not believe in PMs that when I shut up that is when you really should start worrying.

That said, this will be my last thread until at least after the first of the year since I have said all I have to say for now and there does not appear to be any major changes in the works that could significantly alter the market direction or momentum. I will not be posting unless I see something on the horizon that could significantly alter market direction.

God bless you all and good luck.

MasterQ
2nd December 2009, 10:40
If a pullback greater than 10% happens without a change in the fundamentals it will be great buying opportunity.

Seems we are not alone in our thinking Kat.

http://www.financialpost.com/news-sectors/story.html?id=2293716

Gold prices are currently high and markets should be careful of a potential asset bubble forming

-Q

slvr
2nd December 2009, 11:02
Hi everybody,

A few points to make.

As always buy the dips

Kat
Kat. I would like to thank you for all of your very insightful and researched comments. My last big Silver purchase was made immediately (within minutes) after reading one of your posts :) and it has been up ever since. The best I can do (other than pray) is to match my intuition along with others that I trust and then act on it. You are one of those people.

BTW - To your point .. a guy at work said he would be buying gold for his teenagers for Chrsitmas. His first ever purchase of PM's.

Thanks again!

Oldguy
2nd December 2009, 11:59
Good to see you post Kat...:D

ccjoe
2nd December 2009, 13:38
Just remember everyone. When silver goes to 100 then 300, inflation will NOT eat up the gains. If it did, it would be stupid to invest in silver to just break even. MOST people on sites like this KNOW this obviously, but I want to help the newbies to understand.
EG--In five months or so I've made 45K on my 140K investment in silver> 75% annualized or so. Inflation is basically 2%. So don't listen to the silly talk that you'll break even with silver and it's a hedge against inflation.

LETMYSILVERGO
2nd December 2009, 13:56
I've Made 400 Percent In The Past 8 Years-- I Guess This Is Better Than A Sharp Stick In The Eye.

ccjoe
2nd December 2009, 14:08
I've Made 400 Percent In The Past 8 Years-- I Guess This Is Better Than A Sharp Stick In The Eye.

That's proves the myth of silver just keeping up with inflation is pretty stupid!
This is the first inning of a baseball game to make an analogy. People like let my silver go and me with 1/3 ton of silver and much more are going to be extremely wealthy when silver JUST hits 100. When it goes by 300, Lake Nona here I come.

Steadfast
2nd December 2009, 15:10
If it goes only to 60.00/oz. I will have gained back all my losses in the stock crash!

If you are right about your numbers ccjoe then I and the family are going on a world tour... and moving to a new area entirly!

Relayer
2nd December 2009, 18:20
Kat posts this......

Then you post this.....Seems we are not alone in our thinking Kat.

http://www.financialpost.com/news-se...tml?id=2293716

Quote:
Gold prices are currently high and markets should be careful of a potential asset bubble forming

Relayer: Who is the we?

Unless Kat is willing to wait for $3500 and then declare it a bubble. Kat said nothing about a bubble forming in gold.

Jake
2nd December 2009, 18:41
Kat posts this......

Quote:

Unless Kat is willing to wait for $3500 and then declare it a bubble. Kat said nothing about a bubble forming in gold.

He wants to be all things to all people and never give his direct opinion I guess. Then, when he does, and he's contradicted himself, and people like me point it out, we're judged to be annoying. Then when I ask certain people why they think they can predict the future, I'm judged to be annoying. Then, when I respond to an obvious attack, I'm annoying. When AKAK argues with Hippie, no one says anything about him. When I rebutt his remarks, I'm annoying. Then I illustrate the insanity of trying to use indicators for the purposes of predicting the future and it's taken the wrong way again. I of course thought they were funny. But unfortunately, there are not enough people in here with a good enough sense of humor and who also have enough guts to admit that I have never attacked the PERSON, only their rediculous ideas. So, I deemed this Forum to be "For Entertainment Purposes only"...There's just no other way to describe it.

Now, that being said, You and Ryshay and some others in here have stayed above this to let me do some dirty work pointing things out in here and I get hit with a bunch of coin shop owners.

hippiebrian
2nd December 2009, 18:49
He wants to be all things to all people and never give his direct opinion I guess. Then, when he does, and he's contradicted himself, and people like me point it out, we're judged to be annoying. Then when I ask certain people why they think they can predict the future, I'm judged to be annoying. Then, when I respond to an obvious attack, I'm annoying. When AKAK argues with Hippie, no one says anything about him. When I rebutt his remarks, I'm annoying. Then I illustrate the insanity of trying to use indicators for the purposes of predicting the future and it's taken the wrong way again. I of course thought they were funny. But unfortunately, there are not enough people in here with a good enough sense of humor and who also have enough guts to admit that I have never attacked the PERSON, only their rediculous ideas. So, I deemed this Forum to be "For Entertainment Purposes only"...There's just no other way to describe it.

Now, that being said, You and Ryshay and some others in here have stayed above this to let me do some dirty work pointing things out in here and I get hit with a bunch of coin shop owners.

I just want to point out that both Akak and myself have been a bit more civil than what I've read from your posts recently.

Jake
2nd December 2009, 19:09
I just want to point out that both Akak and myself have been a bit more civil than what I've read from your posts recently.

I thought I was very civil to you when I pointed out that you were a typical liberal.

MasterQ
2nd December 2009, 19:19
Kat posts this......

Quote:

Your kidding me right?

The perils of hitting "quote" and not specifically what I'm trying to respond too.

The bulk of her opening statement agreed in part with the article I submitted.

The alf field was a suggestion if he is right and she agreed with him.

I don't know enough about alf field to respond so that was my error and if I'm going to be crucified for picking apart her response then so be it.

It occurred to me that she was looking at all aspects and I apologize if I lumped her into the whole since she DID end it with Alf field.

Apology accepted?

sheesh

-Q

My Pants Are Cold
2nd December 2009, 19:50

It's all about you isn't it Joke...errr, I mean Jake? It's all about you.

What is Truth?
2nd December 2009, 19:54
No offense, but you guys are boring the rest of us to tears with this. Why don't you just personal message your digs to each other and stop taking up space on this site? :rolleyes:

silversurfer1
2nd December 2009, 20:31
No offense, but you guys are boring the rest of us to tears with this. Why don't you just personal message your digs to each other and stop taking up space on this site? :rolleyes:

Agreed 100%. Too many exciting things are happing with our little investment now for trivial chatter.

MasterQ
2nd December 2009, 20:58
My apologies.

I keep getting sucked into it.

I don't know why it has to be made public so much.

I'll just start adding to ignore so I don't get distracted.

Good luck to us all!

-Q

Relayer
2nd December 2009, 21:08
Yes, there are the perils of missing context, nontransparency, and wrong association of thoughts when posting on message boards. I have spoken to this (not just to you but others as well) more than once. It is always helpful to provide enough content so that the reader does not have to guess what is in the mind of the writer. Sometimes this type of communication is referred to as conversation. Not really.

I prefer to write in such a way that it minimizes the blank stares (of the reader) which elicit responses such as mine; and at times I try to write in a way which (I hope) does not encourage reactive responses. One of the ways I do this, is to assume that not everyone who reads my post knows what I know. So I will include what is obvious to me, and even the reader.

I never got the impression that you were picking apart Kat's post. I'm sorry if my post made you feel crucified. That was not my intention.

I read the article (asset bubbles and China's reserves) to the link you posted and I didnt see the connection. I've re-read it and I still dont see the connection to what Kat posted. So I'm asking myself what is the connection to her opening paragraph? Or does Q have the belief that gold is in a bubble and is seeing Kat's message through that lens? If so, I would have to say, I dont think Kat's post is coming from such a perspective.

No, it didnt have anything to do with Alf Field. The way I saw what you posted is......if we are in a bubble now (as the article implies) and as Kat seems to respect Alf's projection, what is it going to be called when gold hits $3500? So now my opinion is this....$1200 gold is not even close to being a bubble. Not just because Alf said it wasnt, but because bubble tops occur "when every has some"! The gold market is nowhere near such a top.

I like the comment I heard on financial sense radio this weekend. "There seems to be a number of experts who have just "discovered" gold.....and have decided its a bubble ready to pop."

SilverLite
3rd December 2009, 00:39
Yes, there are the perils of missing context, nontransparency, and wrong association of thoughts when posting on message boards. I have spoken to this (not just to you but others as well) more than once. It is always helpful to provide enough content so that the reader does not have to guess what is in the mind of the writer. Sometimes this type of communication is referred to as conversation. Not really.

I prefer to write in such a way that it minimizes the blank stares (of the reader) which elicit responses such as mine; and at times I try to write in a way which (I hope) does not encourage reactive responses. One of the ways I do this, is to assume that not everyone who reads my post knows what I know. So I will include what is obvious to me, and even the reader.

I never got the impression that you were picking apart Kat's post. I'm sorry if my post made you feel crucified. That was not my intention.

I read the article (asset bubbles and China's reserves) to the link you posted and I didnt see the connection. I've re-read it and I still dont see the connection to what Kat posted. So I'm asking myself what is the connection to her opening paragraph? Or does Q have the belief that gold is in a bubble and is seeing Kat's message through that lens? If so, I would have to say, I dont think Kat's post is coming from such a perspective.

No, it didnt have anything to do with Alf Field. The way I saw what you posted is......if we are in a bubble now (as the article implies) and as Kat seems to respect Alf's projection, what is it going to be called when gold hits $3500? So now my opinion is this....$1200 gold is not even close to being a bubble. Not just because Alf said it wasnt, but because bubble tops occur "when every has some"! The gold market is nowhere near such a top.

I like the comment I heard on financial sense radio this weekend. "There seems to be a number of experts who have just "discovered" gold.....and have decided its a bubble ready to pop."

Alex: Please state your answer in the form of a question.

PM'ers: What is the Bernanke bubble?

Alex: Correct, you've just won 1,000 ounces of silver.

PM'ers: Yeah!! :)

MasterQ
3rd December 2009, 06:36
Ok, I see what happened.

First, another poster in addendum to your response had me out in emotion instead of understanding your direction.

I haven't had you come at me before in such a manner and I should have given you more respect in your comment so I do apologize for my response.

My first response to Kat's post was spot on and was NOT the financial post link. Stop losses would help to insure profits while we are meeting end of year targets.

When she re-iterated the pullback, I coupled it with the bubble notion but I see now where that could be completely mis-leading. Bubbles are great pullbacks and when your looking down at 10-20% that is significant but not as damaging as bubbles have been recently.

First, we "could" see a pullback from here before the next leg up simply due to the market appearing "overbought".

Finally even a 20% pullback in gold prices now would only bring us back to $1000 per ounce which is still an unprecedentedly high price for gold.

You are right Relayer and I lay my sword before your feet.

I'll work on being more careful with my links/responses. The worst would be to mislead with others information let alone my own.

Good day sir.

-Q

Relayer
3rd December 2009, 17:40
No apologies necessary. Really! It is so easy to get the wrong impression on these message boards. I'm glad we got it all straightened out!!

And congratulations on your new purchase(s). I agree that the pm's could easily continue this run til feb. without a large correction.

Best wishes.

Katwoman
4th December 2009, 08:43
Hi everybody,

A few points to make.

As always buy the dips

Kat

I just have to interject one more time here. This little pullback which I said that I expected could occur earlier this week due the fact that we have reach year end projections will be short lived as downward pressure on the USD continues to be very very strong. With each tax payer now on the hook for over $100K in government debt there is no way on earth to stop the bleeding due to the interest payments alone without literally closing congress down completely, ending all of our entitlement programs and bringing all of our troops home......no sane nation with this kind of debt would commit the money we do to nation building and we just committed even more money to this cause in the name of the military industrial complex. There is now no way out of this mess without massive inflation.

The addition of a few jobs or fewer jobs being lost right now is a meaningless distraction put forth by people who don't really understand our money and debt problems. The good news is you might be getting a big raise next year and this will likely occur before your boss hires another employee. Your PM stack will be increasing in value too. The bad news is a loaf of bread and gallon of milk will soon cost you over $10!!

Whether or not Ben Bernanke will be made the fall guy for the USD collapse is also a meaningless distraction......who really cares what moron heads up the FED as only a moron would take the job to begin with under the current circumstances especially with no real prospect for solving the problem without causing massive potentially run away inflation.

BTW there is no bubble in PM prices if anything these are still way undervalued in terms of the national debt and real value of the USD. As for why oil prices are not up as much as PMs the answer is really quite simple and it is that demand is still down and more importantly oil is not a good place for the average person to put their life savings.

This may be or may have already been the last chance to buy in before the next big move up.

UmassSteve
4th December 2009, 21:52
I just have to interject one more time here. This little pullback which I said that I expected could occur earlier this week due the fact that we have reach year end projections will be short lived as downward pressure on the USD continues to be very very strong. With each tax payer now on the hook for over $100K in government debt there is no way on earth to stop the bleeding due to the interest payments alone without literally closing congress down completely, ending all of our entitlement programs and bringing all of our troops home......no sane nation with this kind of debt would commit the money we do to nation building and we just committed even more money to this cause in the name of the military industrial complex. There is now no way out of this mess without massive inflation.

I don't doubt the 100k government debt per tax payer, I was just wondering how you arrived at that figure or what your source was. I know the US National debt clock has the debt portion at just under 40k per citizen, but even excluding non tax payers, I can't see how that number climbed to 100k. I'm just wondering if that number includes future debt (projected SS or medicare) only includes certain tax payers, or what. I'd like to be able to quote and defend that figure in the future, so any information on it would be useful.

Katwoman
5th December 2009, 03:46
Not every citizen is a tax payer

ccjoe
5th December 2009, 06:21

The addition of a few jobs or fewer jobs being lost right now is a meaningless distraction put forth by people who don't really understand our money and debt problems. The good news is you might be getting a big raise next year and this will likely occur before your boss hires another employee. Your PM stack will be increasing in value too. The bad news is a loaf of bread and gallon of milk will soon cost you over $10!!

Whether or not Ben Bernanke will be made the fall guy for the USD collapse is also a meaningless distraction......who really cares what moron heads up the FED as only a moron would take the job to begin with under the current circumstances especially with no real prospect for solving the problem without causing massive potentially run away inflation.

BTW there is no bubble in PM prices if anything these are still way undervalued in terms of the national debt and real value of the USD. As for why oil prices are not up as much as PMs the answer is really quite simple and it is that demand is still down and more importantly oil is not a good place for the average person to put their life savings.

This may be or may have already been the last chance to buy in before the next big move up.

Spot on Kitty and here's corroboration> http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=429655
If anything, each American is on the hook for MUCH MORE UMASS than what Kitty said. I repeat MUCH MORE!
After reading this John Williams article and researching him> He is LEGIT, I am convinced that by 2011 we ARE going to have the greatest depression concomitant with the hyperinflation, rioting, etc:(((

hippiebrian
5th December 2009, 10:09
Spot on Kitty and here's corroboration> http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=429655
If anything, each American is on the hook for MUCH MORE UMASS than what Kitty said. I repeat MUCH MORE!
After reading this John Williams article and researching him> He is LEGIT, I am convinced that by 2011 we ARE going to have the greatest depression concomitant with the hyperinflation, rioting, etc:(((

Another prediction which I can't buy...sorry.

ccjoe
5th December 2009, 10:45
Another prediction which I can't buy...sorry.

So what's your prediction Brian? No prob with the 2 trillion dollar debt per annum for the forseeable future?
No prob with unemployment being >17% and going way up?
What is YOUR prediction if not mine of the greatest depression?
Thanks for being sorry:)

hippiebrian
5th December 2009, 10:54
So what's your prediction Brian? No prob with the 2 trillion dollar debt per annum for the forseeable future?
No prob with unemployment being >17% and going way up?
What is YOUR prediction if not mine of the greatest depression?
Thanks for being sorry:)

Didn't say that so much. I don't believe we'll see more than moderate inflation, financial rioting is not in the U.S.'s future by 2011, and in fact I think over the next year, the unemployment figures will look a bit better and we'll have at least some mild recovery. I do not dee armageddon around the corner, sorry. I don't appreciate the national debt, just as the rest of you, but I think Americans will pull through O.K., just as we have in any previous "unprecedented" recession or depression.

Burticus
5th December 2009, 14:30
'Brian, when the $#!+ hits the fan and you are standing in the way, don't say yer pal 'Joe didn't warn you to move.

Silver hoarders, being more observant than the average stupe, will have front row seats for the greatest calamity in the history of the planet, the collapse of the UK/US-lead central banking/welfare/warfare model and its global reserve currency.

As Jim Willie points out in his current article, "The gold market has become, despite little recognition by the financial press, the battlefield for global control of the financial world." Every day, we watch all the numbers that represent this battle and everything happening around us. Gold and silver are the watchdog and lapdawg, now barking uncontrollably (despite JPM beating 'em to shut up), warning everyone that the central banksters are robbing them by debasing their currency.

Financial/economic upheaval inevitably has corresponding political and social impacts. This will turn out badly beyond most sheeple's worst nightmares, with tent cities, food riots, NWO storm troopers and ultimately the choice between tyranny/slavery or violent revolution, the end result of which could be 30,000 of TPTB, banksters and their minion politicians hanging from every lamp post between BrainWashington and New York City.

Read the recent article about the Goldman Gang going long on steel and lead. Yes, non-perishable food packaged for long-term storage and firearms & ammo will be even better investments than silver. Better get some now, while 100 pound bags of rice cost only 34 FeRNs and the price of firearms has dropped (after soaring when TPTB appointed the Kenyan usurper President), as Pearl nags poor unemployed Earl to sell one of his 30 guns to make the payment on the double-wide. Just this week, I picked up a Romanian SAR-1 (AK variant) with 10 magazines, pouch and sling for only 400 FeRNs. The rifle alone cost 290 (buying three at a time) when the kits were first imported years ago and recently were selling for up to 650 during the peak of Osamascare in the months following the election charade.

'Brian, you need to read Jim Willie of The Golden Jackass and Bob Chapman of The International Forecaster to better appreciate the magnitude of our current situation. Their rants are always posted, along with many other good tirades every day, on GoldSeek.

Pass the popcorn, please...

hippiebrian
5th December 2009, 15:08
'Brian, when the $#!+ hits the fan and you are standing in the way, don't say yer pal 'Joe didn't warn you to move.

Silver hoarders, being more observant than the average stupe, will have front row seats for the greatest calamity in the history of the planet, the collapse of the UK/US-lead central banking/welfare/warfare model and its global reserve currency.

As Jim Willie points out in his current article, "The gold market has become, despite little recognition by the financial press, the battlefield for global control of the financial world." Every day, we watch all the numbers that represent this battle and everything happening around us. Gold and silver are the watchdog and lapdawg, now barking uncontrollably (despite JPM beating 'em to shut up), warning everyone that the central banksters are robbing them by debasing their currency.

Financial/economic upheaval inevitably has corresponding political and social impacts. This will turn out badly beyond most sheeple's worst nightmares, with tent cities, food riots, NWO storm troopers and ultimately the choice between tyranny/slavery or violent revolution, the end result of which could be 30,000 of TPTB, banksters and their minion politicians hanging from every lamp post between BrainWashington and New York City.

Read the recent article about the Goldman Gang going long on steel and lead. Yes, non-perishable food packaged for long-term storage and firearms & ammo will be even better investments than silver. Better get some now, while 100 pound bags of rice cost only 34 FeRNs and the price of firearms has dropped (after soaring when TPTB appointed the Kenyan usurper President), as Pearl nags poor unemployed Earl to sell one of his 30 guns to make the payment on the double-wide. Just this week, I picked up a Romanian SAR-1 (AK variant) with 10 magazines, pouch and sling for only 400 FeRNs. The rifle alone cost 290 (buying three at a time) when the kits were first imported years ago and recently were selling for up to 650 during the peak of Osamascare in the months following the election charade.

'Brian, you need to read Jim Willie of The Golden Jackass and Bob Chapman of The International Forecaster to better appreciate the magnitude of our current situation. Their rants are always posted, along with many other good tirades every day, on GoldSeek.

Pass the popcorn, please...

Wow. Do you really believe this? None of this can be backed by any hard evidence, and at best is conjecture. Armegeddon is not going to happen. Eventually, and it will take a while I'll admit, we'll all come out of this o.k., just like this country has every time it's had financial difficulties. This particular event may have some unprecedented portions to it, but so has every other financial difficulty. We've always come out smelling like a rose, and there is absolutely no credible reason to think we won't this time. It won't be next year, probably not the year after, but eventually this will all be nothing more than a bad memory. We will not be shooting each other for a can of beans. We will not need generic bullion rounds to trade for gasoline. I hope you are not putting everything you have, including your spare time and money, preparing for this, because you're wasting a lot of time.

Gold went up in value. Silver went up in value and will continue to outshine inflation (I hope) but this does not spell the end of American civilization as we know it. It means that people are using p.m.'s more as a storage of value. Period. Demand has been higher than supply, basic economic theory, nothing more. Silver, through manipulation (proven manipulation, not the suspected type that's discussed now) went up to 50 bucks an ounce, and armageddon didn't happen. Eventually, in the later 80's, unemployment went back down, and everyone was o.k. Same thing is going to happen here. I'm really not going to waste my time preparing for something that has such a slim chance of happening it should probably be considered in the realm of impossibility. But thanks for your concern.

Burticus
5th December 2009, 15:48
Pay no attention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

Move along...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjaUoR15dU

hippiebrian
5th December 2009, 16:00
Pay no attention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

Move along...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjaUoR15dU

Still can't buy into the paranoia...

Katwoman
10th December 2009, 15:31
Hi everybody,

A few points to make.

As always buy the dips

Kat

On December 2 when I posted this the market was priced over $19.00. I predicted that we had reached the top and that there "could" be a pullback. Anyone who follows my posts knows that this was an atypical prediction for me since I had been bullish all fall. That pullback has now occurred as predicted. Furthermore anyone who follows my posts know that I had left for the year and had come back to make this post because I felt it was important to do so. I subsequently predicted that there was strong support at $17.40 and this has been verified over the past day.

I am taking the rest of the year off.

Enjoy and God bless

JesterJay
10th December 2009, 17:22
Tune in again NEXT YEAR folks for Kat's 1882nd post on the forum.
Will she predict doom and gloom?
Will she predict death and despair?
January 1, 2010 will be the day the Kat Meowed!
'Til then,
Spot is NOT!!!
JesterJay

On December 2 when I posted this the market was priced over $19.00. I predicted that we had reached the top and that there "could" be a pullback. Anyone who follows my posts knows that this was an atypical prediction for me since I had been bullish all fall. That pullback has now occurred as predicted. Furthermore anyone who follows my posts know that I had left for the year and had come back to make this post because I felt it was important to do so. I subsequently predicted that there was strong support at $17.40 and this has been verified over the past day.

I am taking the rest of the year off.

Enjoy and God bless

akak
10th December 2009, 17:28
Wow. Do you really believe this? None of this can be backed by any hard evidence, and at best is conjecture. Armegeddon is not going to happen. Eventually, and it will take a while I'll admit, we'll all come out of this o.k., just like this country has every time it's had financial difficulties. This particular event may have some unprecedented portions to it, but so has every other financial difficulty. We've always come out smelling like a rose, and there is absolutely no credible reason to think we won't this time. It won't be next year, probably not the year after, but eventually this will all be nothing more than a bad memory. We will not be shooting each other for a can of beans. We will not need generic bullion rounds to trade for gasoline. I hope you are not putting everything you have, including your spare time and money, preparing for this, because you're wasting a lot of time.

Gold went up in value. Silver went up in value and will continue to outshine inflation (I hope) but this does not spell the end of American civilization as we know it. It means that people are using p.m.'s more as a storage of value. Period. Demand has been higher than supply, basic economic theory, nothing more. Silver, through manipulation (proven manipulation, not the suspected type that's discussed now) went up to 50 bucks an ounce, and armageddon didn't happen. Eventually, in the later 80's, unemployment went back down, and everyone was o.k. Same thing is going to happen here. I'm really not going to waste my time preparing for something that has such a slim chance of happening it should probably be considered in the realm of impossibility. But thanks for your concern.

Put hands over ears, and repeat after me:

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

No, of course "it can't happen here"!

:rolleyes:

I see you are as much in denial as the average American.

The fact is, it not only CAN happen here, but it will (economic collapse, that is), because the die is already cast.
Your desperate denial of reality and head-in-the-sand refusal to see that will not prevent the inevitable from happening.

I wish I had a dollar for every smug, clueless citizen of some formerly great power who believed just as you do, and who similarly intoned "It can't happen here!"

hippiebrian
10th December 2009, 17:35
Put hands over ears, and repeat after me:

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

No, of course "it can't happen here"!

:rolleyes:

I see you are as much in denial as the average American.

The fact is, it not only CAN happen here, but it will (economic collapse, that is), because the die is already cast.
Your desperate denial of reality and head-in-the-sand refusal to see that will not prevent the inevitable from happening.

I wish I had a dollar for every smug, clueless citizen of some formerly great power who believed just as you do, and who similarly intoned "It can't happen here!"

Well, I could be wrong, however we've weathered worse economic times than we're in now.

JesterJay
10th December 2009, 17:38
Like what?
Give just one example, please.
JesterJay

Well, I could be wrong, however we've weathered worse economic times than we're in now.

hippiebrian
10th December 2009, 17:42
Like what?
Give just one example, please.
JesterJay

The Great Depression of the 30's, the closure of 75% of American banks in the 1800's (I forget the exact dates at this point), the depression which happened after the Revolutionary War, the double digit unemployment in the 70's-80's, the depression just prior to the Civil War, just to name a few off the top of my head.

JesterJay
10th December 2009, 17:47
To add the Great Depression of 2011 to your list. And the ensuing "Public Riots" that follow.
I don't want it. Then again, I didn't vote for Obama the Destroyer either.
JesterJay

The Great Depression of the 30's, the closure of 75% of American banks in the 1800's (I forget the exact dates at this point), the depression which happened after the Revolutionary War, the double digit unemployment in the 70's-80's, the depression just prior to the Civil War, just to name a few off the top of my head.

hippiebrian
10th December 2009, 17:56
To add the Great Depression of 2011 to your list. And the ensuing "Public Riots" that follow.
I don't want it. Then again, I didn't vote for Obama the Destroyer either.
JesterJay

2011 hasn't happened yet, but we'll talk in 2012, and I'm willing to put up a "c"note that there aren't "public riots" after the "Great Depression of 2011". What evidence do you have for these projected riots? Once again, this, just like every other financial crisis this country has faced, is unprecidented, and just like every other unprecedented financial crisis, we'll pull through o.k., with no riots. Just my opinion based on our history.

JesterJay
10th December 2009, 18:00
That'd be fine with me.
I'm not much of a "gloomNdoomer".
But if my eyes don't deceive me there's something going wrong around here.
JesterJay
Around here...

2011 hasn't happened yet, but we'll talk in 2012, and I'm willing to put up a "c"note that there aren't "public riots" after the "Great Depression of 2011". What evidence do you have for these projected riots? Once again, this, just like every other financial crisis this country has faced, is unprecidented, and just like every other unprecedented financial crisis, we'll pull through o.k., with no riots. Just my opinion based on our history.

Bullseye
10th December 2009, 18:25
I'm not much for doom 'n' gloom either, but something is different these days. The USA has been a superpower of "superpowers" in only 200 some years. I
personally don't think our founding fathers could have imagined all of the corruption, greed, deceipt, and endless supply of paper printing in the history of man. We must not forget what happened to Rome!! IMHO we (the USA)
are starting to look quite a lot like Rome.