PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Silver and Paper Silver

main1event
27th November 2009, 10:35
I know many times I talk about buying and selling Silver, I know I've elaborated on this a few times but for any of the new members I want to be clear that I think any Silver below $20.00 is cheap. When you own physical you just buy it and put it away, you arent tempted to sell it like paper silver.

I've missed alot of good moves in Silver because TA is not something perfect. News events such as Dubai always throw a monkey wrench into your plans. None of us know where silver or gold are going. We all have certain targets like $150.00 for Silver. However, its possible that silver could go to $300 or $400.00 an ounce in the coming years. If you own paper silver, you will be tempted many times to sell.

Look at today for instance silver was down $1.00 and now its only down .56 and who knows it could go straight up to $21.00. As a chartist and a person who follows TA, trading helps to minimize losses and can help defining tops and bottoms. It can define breakout areas, such as the breakout of Gold from $1000.00.

Gold and Silver are a long way from their ultimate top. There are going to be 10 to 30% corrections along the way that will scare everyone out. I believe we could be witnessing such a correction now, that will last 1 to 2 weeks. IMO, its best to buy these corrections and not the moves up.

We are witnessing history in the making. Markets are falling apart, government intervention on a grand scale. It is only a matter of time before Gold and Silver go absolutely parabolic, this is not the time to fear gold and silver. This is the time to be a buyer of physical and hold.

The only time I recommend buying paper silver is if you have a pretty big stash of physical. Its all about diversifying.

and(EU)
27th November 2009, 12:09
I know many times I talk about buying and selling Silver, I know I've elaborated on this a few times but for any of the new members I want to be clear that I think any Silver below $20.00 is cheap. When you own physical you just buy it and put it away, you arent tempted to sell it like paper silver.

I've missed alot of good moves in Silver because TA is not something perfect. News events such as Dubai always throw a monkey wrench into your plans. None of us know where silver or gold are going. We all have certain targets like $150.00 for Silver. However, its possible that silver could go to $300 or $400.00 an ounce in the coming years. If you own paper silver, you will be tempted many times to sell.

Look at today for instance silver was down $1.00 and now its only down .56 and who knows it could go straight up to $21.00. As a chartist and a person who follows TA, trading helps to minimize losses and can help defining tops and bottoms. It can define breakout areas, such as the breakout of Gold from $1000.00.

Gold and Silver are a long way from their ultimate top. There are going to be 10 to 30% corrections along the way that will scare everyone out. I believe we could be witnessing such a correction now, that will last 1 to 2 weeks. IMO, its best to buy these corrections and not the moves up.

We are witnessing history in the making. Markets are falling apart, government intervention on a grand scale. It is only a matter of time before Gold and Silver go absolutely parabolic, this is not the time to fear gold and silver. This is the time to be a buyer of physical and hold.

The only time I recommend buying paper silver is if you have a pretty big stash of physical. Its all about diversifying.

How many ozs is big stash?

DaleFromCalgary
27th November 2009, 12:19
"How many ozs is big stash?"

How about owning your weight in silver as the boundary line?

SeekrBrnEvryMin
27th November 2009, 16:10
A properly-sized stash, when stacked on your dining room table, will break it.

:p

LETMYSILVERGO
27th November 2009, 20:22
Hello, I ask this a long time ago-- say the silver rocket finally blast off.

now what do we do with our money--- BUY SILVER U DUMB ASS -- OH YEA, ALREADY GOT THAT---

if real estate is super cheap i could buy the whole town i live in, but the taxes would kill me--- I'd be the only one voting against the Tax increase.

makes u wonder?????????????

any help out there??

thanks, ross

What is Truth?
27th November 2009, 20:46

now what do we do with our money--- BUY SILVER U DUMB ASS -- OH YEA, ALREADY GOT THAT---

if real estate is super cheap i could buy the whole town i live in, but the taxes would kill me--- I'd be the only one voting against the Tax increase.

makes u wonder?????????????

any help out there??

thanks, ross

A big part of what one would do with the money is based on what kind of world would you be living in then? If it were Obamanation on steroids you wouldn't be able to do too much with it because you wouldn't have much left after taxes. Maybe you would be using it to get something decent to eat or for decent medical care. Maybe you would hire a private army to protect you but could you trust them?

Most people who have a lot of money really don't enjoy it as much as people think. Living in a SHTF world and enjoying it could be harder yet.

I really don't give a dam about fancy cars or big houses. I just want to live a comfortable life with my family and provide for them. I would perfer to do it in a society in which its basic fabric remainded intact.

ryshay
27th November 2009, 20:49
now what do we do with our money---

You will know when the time comes.
You won't be one of those silver bag-holders when silver peaks--this is because you bought early and you know silver's journey will eventually end.
Real estate will be about as hated and despised as gold/silver was in 1999. So I agree that real estate will be a good buy, provided that the USGovt honors contract law and preserves property rights and does not socialize all real estate.
As you know, what the USGovt does in the next 10 years is unknowable.
Yet what the USGovt does will largely answer your question--what to sell silver for.
Frankly, I'll be grateful if I can just hang on my silver and not have the USGovt or brigands take it away.