PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist

bluepelican
26th November 2009, 21:39
I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased bullion through craigslist. Based on a couple of the ads I've seen, it seems like I might be able to get a better price on silver eagles than I can at the local coin store. So, is craigslist a good idea, bad idea???

LETMYSILVERGO
26th November 2009, 21:49
Just Do Everything In Person-- Get Physical, Not Paper-- Get It??

of one mine
26th November 2009, 21:53
Yes Ok to do so but always take a strong magnet a jewelers loupe and an acid test kit with a scale. Dont just think everyone is truthful a lot of phoney bars and coins are out there. Its not always the sellers faault some poeple dont know they have been had. Some one tried to sell me a steel chain they said they bought it at a jewelry store but it was a poor fake. My magnet stuck to it like a dog chain. You know what i mean just do your due diligence and you will be ok.
of one mine

lacaprup
26th November 2009, 22:12
I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased bullion through craigslist. Based on a couple of the ads I've seen, it seems like I might be able to get a better price on silver eagles than I can at the local coin store. So, is craigslist a good idea, bad idea???

I wouldn't buy anything but ASEs or Maple Leafs from Craig's List. No one is faking them at a level someone couldn't spot right away. As mentioned above, go in person with cash and a firearm if you have the proper training and licensing. I know I wouldn't show up to $1,000+ cash deal with someone I just met over the net without my sidearm.

LETMYSILVERGO
26th November 2009, 22:34
And Take A Hand Granaid & Toss That In Their Car As A Warning Shot.

Just To Be On The Safe Side

ryshay
26th November 2009, 22:47
And Take A Hand Granaid & Toss That In Their Car As A Warning Shot.

Just To Be On The Safe Side

What are you saying, LMSG! You pig! You monster!

You would singe those beautiful silver rounds! :D

LETMYSILVERGO
26th November 2009, 22:57
What are you saying, LMSG! You pig! You monster!

You would singe those beautiful silver rounds! :D

MY BAD. One would not want to harm the PRECIOUS.

vjayceev
26th November 2009, 23:03
LetMySilverGo
My Land........he's an ugly baby!!!!

bluepelican
26th November 2009, 23:14
I wouldn't buy anything but ASEs or Maple Leafs from Craig's List. No one is faking them at a level someone couldn't spot right away. As mentioned above, go in person with cash and a firearm if you have the proper training and licensing. I know I wouldn't show up to $1,000+ cash deal with someone I just met over the net without my sidearm.

Well, I don't have a concealed permit, but I would definitely meet in a public place.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
26th November 2009, 23:19
LMSG, please, whatever you do, get rid of that thing. You've put up such nice avatars, too.

You don't want coal in your stocking again, do you?

Or nothing but a vaporizer under your tree.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
26th November 2009, 23:20
Craigslist is like any other storefront. Personally, I hooked up well with it.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
26th November 2009, 23:28
We met at a flea market between us the first time. Then, he saw my credentials and I just go see him. You can stay with the flea-market arrangement, too.