PDA

View Full Version : No Evidence Of Manipulation

mick silver
15th May 2008, 11:58
http://www.cftc.gov/newsroom/generalpressreleases/2008/pr5499-08.html LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK http://www.investmentrarities.com/05-13-08.html

the_moonbeam
15th May 2008, 12:34
I'm a new-be and still don't understand "longs" and "shorts" and market manipulation (even though I've read through the definitions posted on investopedia.com over and over again.) All I know is that I like silver, and will keep buying over the years for a long-term safety net. What caught my eye on the CFTC Report was subnote 5, on page 4:

"The analysis concluded that the overall exposure to silver price changes far exceeds silver production due to the large amounts of silver held in storage, both public and private."

This makes sense to me, BUT is it true ?

7nomads
15th May 2008, 12:39
Thanks for the link. I finally got about to reading the report. All the little graphs at the end are interesting.

"Thus, a larger overall position of the large shorts is associated with higher prices -- not lower prices." page 15 of report.

So we look at the COT report to see peaks and valleys of price. BTW if they used Time-Series analysis they would have come up with different results.

We've been discussing this report. IMO, Its there to keep (manipulate) silver out of the mainstream. We'll just keep buying, not to get rich, just try to hold on to what we have.

. . . you know its true"

7nomads
15th May 2008, 12:45
I'm a new-be and still don't understand "longs" and "shorts" and market manipulation (even though I've read through the definitions posted on investopedia.com over and over again.) All I know is that I like silver, and will keep buying over the years for a long-term safety net. What caught my eye on the CFTC Report was subnote 5, on page 4:

"The analysis concluded that the overall exposure to silver price changes far exceeds silver production due to the large amounts of silver held in storage, both public and private."

This makes sense to me, BUT is it true ?

It was more true in the 1980's when the US government had 4,000,000,000 ounces. Now they have zip, nada. I like silver, especially "inexpensive silver"

the_moonbeam
15th May 2008, 13:07
The 4 billion ounces held by the mint in the 1980's just didn't disappear...someone has to be holding it, or was it consumed by industry ? Is the silver that the CFTC Report refers to as being "held in storage" real or paper ?

JesterJay
15th May 2008, 16:42
This report is about as lame as could be.
There is NEXT TO ZERO silver held in storage compared to the PAPER silver that it is supposed to represent.
I can't wait until people see the situation clearly and start to demand REAL PHYSICAL SILVER.
Oops, then the industrial users will have to stockpile.
OOPS, then the price will jump- again- and people will SEE the price jump and think,
"OOPS! Silver is going to run away without me."
Then the big rush will hit:
Add all the industrial users stockpiling to the rush to the HOT THING TO INVEST IN NOW and you will see what a skyrocketing price looks like.
BOOM! BAM! POW!
No matter how much they deny it (of course they deny the obvious, and they have proof that the truth is not true) they have no other choice. If they say there IS manipulation then WE know that they allowed it to happen. And they then look REALLY DUMB.
At least it is being talked about, or rather LIED about. When the talk turns to chatter then to shouting, we will have The Quickening in full swing.
It is just a matter of time my fellow future MILLIONAIRES,
JesterJay
OK, the "MILLIONAIRES" thing may have been a bit much.

The 4 billion ounces held by the mint in the 1980's just didn't disappear...someone has to be holding it, or was it consumed by industry ? Is the silver that the CFTC Report refers to as being "held in storage" real or paper ?

mick silver
15th May 2008, 19:59
What the Quickening , hear people talk about what you say , im new to the forum thanks mick silver

Drumblebum
15th May 2008, 20:04
Ya know JJ, you and I may disagree on some things, but when it comes to your optimism about the future of silver, I could read what you write all day!!

Hell, you don't know how many times I've been moved to place "just one more order" after reading one of your rants...

The Quickening... read it, learn it, LIVE IT!! :D