PDA

View Full Version : As of now, new 52 week intraday low on the $DXY

chroNick
25th November 2009, 04:39
Not looking too good for our economy.

beach miner
25th November 2009, 04:50
Wow: Dollar to Euro .666666667, and Bloomberg's Dollar Index 74.74 Glad my money is in Silver, and not sittin in the Bank disappearing befrore my eyes. Silver still below 19; this might be the last chance before it leaves the station. All Aboard. See Ya At The Top.

Cup-of-Ruin
25th November 2009, 05:05
Wow: Dollar to Euro .666666667, and Bloomberg's Dollar Index 74.74 Glad my money is in Silver, and not sittin in the Bank disappearing befrore my eyes. Silver still below 19; this might be the last chance before it leaves the station. All Aboard. See Ya At The Top.

I think it will be as David Morgan said 'when silver moves, watch out'!

beach miner
25th November 2009, 06:00
Well for right now Silver seems to be stuck. Gold's up, Dollar's sinkin fast, the Market Shorts had their expiration date Monday. I hope You and Morgan are right. Maybe it's just sittin on the launch pad gettin ready to rumble. See Ya At The Top

MasterQ
25th November 2009, 08:52
Not looking too good for our economy.

We have been making new 52 week lows because the weeks are moving the average.

We still haven't broken through 74 and even when that happens the record low of last year was 71 and some change.

I wouldn't call for total dollar and market collapse just yet.

The dollar has been struggling to bottom out and it did not do it at all this year in spite of the growing opposition to our government allowing the FED to keep pumping in money.

With the direction gold has been going, not giving one blink as to what silver or the dollar is doing, I'm much more interested in seeing if it is creating its own bubble.

The only motivation right now in the gold, to pay these ridiculously high prices, is fear. I could say that to some extent in the silver market because silver isn't just a safe haven from paper money, it also is quasi and right now I certainly haven't seen or heard about such demand on its other uses.

The other side of silver's coin would start to make prices in certain manufactured goods increase, but if people are not buying then basic economics would dictate a decline or short term pullback of the metal.

If you read in depth the scotia mocatta 2010 prediction of silver, then you would get another perspective I think keeps getting missed.

http://www.scotiamocatta.com/scpt/scotiamocatta/prec/SilverForecast2010.pdf

So as long as investors want to keep propping this metal up then prices should remain high. Will this money finally hit a wall and we start to see some sell off? There is only so much fiat people can spare while they are still trying to pay their bills, put food on the table, and keep the shelter above thier head.

Just some more thoughts I think everyone should keep in mind.

Gold to hit 20% profit from today's prices next year short term.
Silver to hit 30% profit from today's prices next year short term.

These are decent profit motives but hardly the 3-400% some are predicting on this forum.

I know times are uncertain and the dollar's decline combined with some questionable policies and Obama's inability to see the un-win-able war in Afghanistan isn't helping things but all is not lost.

Keep your eyes on your local communities, your local state policies, and most of all some consolidations which have needed to happen for some time. America got too fat so fast this is the diet it set itself up for. Loans will eventually gain momentum and after the commercial markets find their bottom we will start to see re-growth around us.

It is always darkest before the dawn so keep your spirits up everyone.

It is going to be one helluva bumpy ride!

-Q

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 08:59

We still haven't broken through 74 and even when that happens the record low of last year was 71 and some change.

The dollar has been struggling to bottom out and it did not do it at all this year in spite of the growing opposition to our government allowing the FED to keep pumping in money.

With the direction gold has been going, not giving one blink as to what silver or the dollar is doing, I'm much more interested in seeing if it is creating its own bubble.

The only motivation right now in the gold, to pay these ridiculously high prices, is fear. I could say that to some extent in the silver market because silver isn't just a safe haven from paper money, it also is quasi and right now I certainly haven't seen or heard about such demand on its other uses.

The other side of silver's coin would start to make prices in certain manufactured goods increase, but if people are not buying then basic economics would dictate a decline or short term pullback of the metal.

If you read in depth the scotia mocatta 2010 prediction of silver, then you would get another perspective I think keeps getting missed.

So as long as investors want to keep propping this metal up then prices should remain high. Will this money finally hit a wall and we start to see some sell off? There is only so much fiat people can spare while they are still trying to pay their bills, put food on the table, and keep the shelter above thier head.

These are decent profit motives but hardly the 3-400% some are predicting on this forum.

I know times are uncertain and the dollar's decline combined with some questionable policies and Obama's inability to see the un-win-able war in Afghanistan isn't helping things but all is not lost.

Keep your eyes on your local communities, your local state policies, and most of all some consolidations which have needed to happen for some time. America got too fat so fast this is the diet it set itself up for. Loans will eventually gain momentum and after the commercial markets find their bottom we will start to see re-growth around us.

-Q

ALMOST everything you said is complete nonsense.
Nothing about you personally, just your thought pattern is firmly ensconsed inside the wall st. box and there is no room apparently for what I call "uncommon sense."
I'm saying this to help others who may listen to such buffoonish ideas.
Silver WILL hit 100 next year and 300 by 2012.
Happy Thanksgiving!

chroNick
25th November 2009, 09:23

Lol.. When did I say total dollar collapse? If you've ever read my previous posts, I was the one telling everyone that they're insane for continously posting "could the dollar collapse begin today?" and the classic "OMG OMG OMG, silver broke out of resistence, we're going to see $20 next week!!!!"

I call these people out quite often, and all of my short term predictions have been right if you look at my past threads. I'm not saying I'm some market genius, but all I did was post that we've made another 52 week intraday low so far and just informed everyone here. I wasn't implying that we're going to have a dollar collapse anytime soon. I was just saying that it's not good for our economy to be making new 52 week lows. As far as I can see, the collapse won't be anytime THAT soon. When will it happen? No idea..

silversurfer1
25th November 2009, 09:24

-Q

MasterQ I have to ask if you are so down on Silver WHY are you on this board?? You made some goofy statements. Just sell whatever Silver you have and put the Dollars you get into a passbook savings account at your local bank - nice & safe & snug & of course depreciating rapidly.

MasterQ
25th November 2009, 09:44
Why is it when I make comments about caution they are taken as bearish silver?

Really guys, if that is the true read I am getting then there is no hope for rational thought.

ChroNick, I mistook your comment about "not looking good for the economy" as a continuation of the pattern of downward long term outlook on the dollar as well. My apologies.

My purpose here is to spur thought and conversation. NOT irrational, provoked comments of discontent. Debate me but don't insult me, you only make yourself out worse than your trying to convey.

Good luck everyone!

-Q

MasterQ
25th November 2009, 09:47
ALMOST everything you said is complete nonsense.
Nothing about you personally, just your thought pattern is firmly ensconsed inside the wall st. box and there is no room apparently for what I call "uncommon sense."
I'm saying this to help others who may listen to such buffoonish ideas.
Silver WILL hit 100 next year and 300 by 2012.
Happy Thanksgiving!

CCJoe, I think you don't give yourself much credit.

Between you and Jake there is much more common understanding as to why you both make your comments.

Good day sir.

-Q

chroNick
25th November 2009, 10:01

Really guys, if that is the true read I am getting then there is no hope for rational thought.

ChroNick, I mistook your comment about "not looking good for the economy" as a continuation of the pattern of downward long term outlook on the dollar as well. My apologies.

My purpose here is to spur thought and conversation. NOT irrational, provoked comments of discontent. Debate me but don't insult me, you only make yourself out worse than your trying to convey.

Good luck everyone!

-Q

It's cool, no problem. And I'll agree with one thing.. Some people on here are perma-bears, and they react to ANY sign of upward movement on silver or downward movement on the dollar. According to their word choice, it seems that they really think that the dollar collapse is imminent. It's not... It'll take a little while, and the closer we get to the time, the more the signs will be obvious. Right now the signs aren't obvious. I wouldn't even BEGIN to start celebrating or calling the dollar collapse until we break that 70 line on the $DXY. But I can already see some people wetting their pants at a false break out..

Anyhoo I'm rambling again. But one point I disagree is that we're in a gold bubble for the short term period. I honestly don't think we are. A bubble to me, is when the fundamentals don't suggest that we should go higher, but the price does. Just because something moves up for a while doesn't mean that we're in need of any correction any time soon. I see gold making new highs every other day in few dollar increments until the end of this year. Could I be wrong? Of course. We'll see what the market looks like at the end of this year.

MasterQ
25th November 2009, 10:14
Anyhoo I'm rambling again. But one point I disagree is that we're in a gold bubble for the short term period. I honestly don't think we are. A bubble to me, is when the fundamentals don't suggest that we should go higher, but the price does. Just because something moves up for a while doesn't mean that we're in need of any correction any time soon. I see gold making new highs every other day in few dollar increments until the end of this year. Could I be wrong? Of course. We'll see what the market looks like at the end of this year.

Its very tough and I understand your point with the fundamentals. The TA on the other hand require some sort of short term pull back. The gold stochastics have been embedded for some time and the longest I have ever seen it in my short career of trading is almost 6 weeks in the silver market.

Now, if the move up stays at a gradual pace it is possible to keep the momentum for a longer period of time but indefinite is a harder hurdle to jump over.

I'm not trying to make finite comments, I am simply following the signs as yourself. Many are going out on a limb and just simply saying the long term is concrete and everyone get on board. Discussions like these should put everyone on high alert. Just because everyone wants to jump off a bridge doesn't mean you should either.

It seems to me from posts from some others they didn't read the report link I posted. It said we could see 25 silver and I agree with this. How does this make me bearish? It says silver has and will probably continue to show additional volatility at these levels and it is up to the buyers to keep it going regardless and I agree as well. Am I still bearish with this agreement?

Honestly Nick, I think it is easier to react to ONE sentence than read the whole paragraph. Have you been pulled apart like this as well?

Good luck to us all!

-Q

chroNick
25th November 2009, 10:18
Yea I'll admit I focused on that one sentence. It was a tad bit offensive to me that I'd be put in that category, when I've been reminding people on this forum that one candle stick doesn't mean the end of the world. But yes I did read everything, and I agree to some extent.

TheLoneRanger
25th November 2009, 10:25

Good luck everyone!

-Q

Not taking sides here... but it takes two to communicate... you have to try and find a more charitable reading of MasterQ's posts...

MasterQ at some point you are going to have to realize that you are coming across more bearish on silver & silver buggery than you intend, if I read your protests right.. and I am sure you realize how deliberately and hopefully positive you sound that the History of the USA and jingoism will carry us farther than the actual economic facts on the ground can ever justify.

there is hope and glory.. and then there is ground truth.. in times of real crisis they clash, and no outcome should be taken for granted or assumed enevitable based on either of them.

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 11:41

Between you and Jake there is much more common understanding as to why you both make your comments.

Good day sir.

-Q

Q- Don't you think people are smart enough to see that you're obfuscating here with Jake as a red herring. They aren't that stupid.
You did NOT and apparently CANNOT respond to my posts. See the video and for the first time EVER, see if you can respond to Schiff, Mark Faber, Gerald Celente, Jim Rogers? I get ALL my ideas from them. THEY have been right in predicting everything, not YOU> You're a frickin accountant not one of the previoully mentioned geniuses who know what the hell they're talking about.
Stop being so self absorbed as that's what pissed off Jake, Kitty, and everyone here.
It's not all about YOU Q.
RESPOND and don't obfuscate with your last personal attack.
Jake is anathema to my personality. I disliked his hubris just as much as yours.
ONE TIME respond to the video on the dollar collapsing. Spend the 30 minutes and maybe people here might respect you.

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 11:44

Good day sir.

-Q

Jim Rogers, who I e mail back and forth, with busted my chops when on GIM, I predicted silver would hit 20 last week. He was nice about it though, but I admitted I was wrong.
Humility is a great and endearing quality Q!

ryshay
25th November 2009, 11:45
Jim Rogers, who I e mail back and forth, with busted my chops when on GIM, I predicted silver would hit 20 last week. He was nice about it though, but I admitted I was wrong.
Humility is a great and endearing quality Q!

You know Jim Rogers? Cool. I wish I could register on GIM--they won't take anymore users.

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 11:52
You know Jim Rogers? Cool. I wish I could register on GIM--they won't take anymore users.

It took me 6 months of trying before I got on.
I'm surprised they haven't banned me yet:)
There are a lot of whacked out people there (over 10,000 viewers a day) so you have to sift through like mining for silver and gold.
A lot of the posters have the end of the world planned for specific times, etc.

chroNick
25th November 2009, 11:53
What's this GIM thing?

ryshay
25th November 2009, 12:06
What's this GIM thing?

i would google "goldismoney"

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 12:45
What's this GIM thing?

http://goldismoney.info/forums/

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 13:02
Folks, I think we should stop the bickering in these forums. I believe it is helpful to listen to everyone. As a common saying goes, " Look both ways before you cross the street."

Many folks in here are bullish - and they have their reasons. Some are more bearish - and they have their reasons. Whether they are bullish or bearish on whatever it is we are discussing, it is important the both sides may state an oppinion. One should never be pestered for their contrarian view no matter how wrong it may be.

If you disagree with Q's assessment, the more helpful response would be

"Q, I disagree with your view in this matter and here's why ..."

By stating a reason why you disagree with him would be most helpful. A response that includes both insults and ridicule is very unhelpful and serves to subvert the purpose of this forum.

I am bullish on PM, but I always want to hear why some people are bearish. It provides for some sanity checking.

I am new here but I suspect there are many lurkers and newbies here that feel the same way.

I agree hence my being upset with his comparing me with Jake in a very condescending way.
At that point, unlike Jesus (I'm not that great a Christian), I will volley back with something that may make Q see exactly what you posted i.e. to respond rather than attack me.

ryshay
25th November 2009, 13:24
By stating a reason why you disagree with him would be most helpful. A response that includes both insults and ridicule is very unhelpful and serves to subvert the purpose of this forum.

I am bullish on PM, but I always want to hear why some people are bearish. It provides for some sanity checking.

I am new here but I suspect there are many lurkers and newbies here that feel the same way.

No, you are absolutely right, JJ. 100%. You will notice that 80% of the posts here follow your advice. About 20% don't because one or both parties to the bickering are interested in the bickering itself.

You'll see these posters use ad hominem attacks, and criticize a person, rather than the idea that the person is presenting. Everything gets very personal, very quickly. Then the fight starts.

I can think of a few posters here that are repeat offenders in this area. I am sure you can too--just watch out for them. The get off on the fighting and arguing.

lacaprup
25th November 2009, 13:53
No, you are absolutely right, JJ. 100%. You will notice that 80% of the posts here follow your advice. About 20% don't because one or both parties to the bickering are interested in the bickering itself.

You'll see these posters use ad hominem attacks, and criticize a person, rather than the idea that the person is presenting. Everything gets very personal, very quickly. Then the fight starts.

I can think of a few posters here that are repeat offenders in this area. I am sure you can too--just watch out for them. The get off on the fighting and arguing.

Speaking as a lurker here, I think one of the reasons to not assume Ag is going to skyrocket (say $30+) is the simple stupidity of the populace of the world. Simply put, the bigger a Ponzi scheme is, the more people that have bought into it, the longer it will last. Let's take Social Security for an example. It is the very definition of a Ponzi scheme. It takes money from new investors and pays off old investors. It won't go belly up until 2042 and it has about 300,000,000 subscribers.

Now, let's look at FRNs. Through their representative governments, about 90% of the people in the world subscribe to US FRNs. That's 5,000,000,000+ people. How long can it last? A long, long time. As long as people refuse to take their heads out of the sand, there is nothing that can break the bank. Ron Paul's audit notwithstanding.

All that said, if I can find a price of $20/oz I'm ready for 100 ASEs any day.

ccjoe
25th November 2009, 14:59
Speaking as a lurker here, I think one of the reasons to not assume Ag is going to skyrocket (say $30+) is the simple stupidity of the populace of the world. Simply put, the bigger a Ponzi scheme is, the more people that have bought into it, the longer it will last. Let's take Social Security for an example. It is the very definition of a Ponzi scheme. It takes money from new investors and pays off old investors. It won't go belly up until 2042 and it has about 300,000,000 subscribers.

Now, let's look at FRNs. Through their representative governments, about 90% of the people in the world subscribe to US FRNs. That's 5,000,000,000+ people. How long can it last? A long, long time. As long as people refuse to take their heads out of the sand, there is nothing that can break the bank. Ron Paul's audit notwithstanding.

All that said, if I can find a price of $20/oz I'm ready for 100 ASEs any day.

Excellent post until the last sentence. You may have a long wait.http://www.kitco.com/market/

silverheartbone
26th November 2009, 01:06
finally
TWENTY FOUR is the old FOURTEEN

Argyria
26th November 2009, 01:41
So, how does Q saying he's looking for a 30% profit from today's prices on silver in the next few months make him bearish on silver? 30% on an investment in much less than a year would make Warren Buffet envious.

Argyria
26th November 2009, 01:47
A lot of the posters have the end of the world planned for specific times, etc.

Yes, the world will end on December 21, 2012. That's when the Goa'uld will return to reclaim their rule of this planet and we will all be forced into slavery. Haven't any of you ever seen the documentary, Stargate SG-1? Ya'll should watch it, some important information in there.

MasterQ
26th November 2009, 12:42
So, how does Q saying he's looking for a 30% profit from today's prices on silver in the next few months make him bearish on silver? 30% on an investment in much less than a year would make Warren Buffet envious.

Thank you Argyria but I would rather not upset the situation further.

I'll just leave the dust to settle.

Good luck to us all!

-Q

MasterQ
26th November 2009, 18:56
Q, Please do not leave like some others. Even though I disagree with some of your views, I DO VALUE THEM. I am always looking forward to some of your analysis as they are well thought out opinions. Maybe some of you statement are not as clear as others, and hence easily misunderstood. Maybe in the future you can explain your reasoning a little bit clearer so that we can all benefit whether we agree or disagree.

Please continue to post and post more often.

With regards to the 'bearish' comment. I think people view Q as bearish because he is not 'hyper-bullish'. Many are calling for a moonshot to $300. I believe Q believes that is not likely to happen. So, compared to some of these hyper-bulls, Q appears bearish though in fact he is bullish - simply not hyper-bullish.

LOL

Yeah I think I follow ya jojo and in a way you got me.

I'm not a perma-bull for two reasons.

When I made 2 very important trades this year they were in the vain of being very bullish but because we had such a huge sell off at the end of last year it was something to take note of especially when the trend turned down for these few short periods. (Translation: when the market dropped 2-3 dollars in silver prices I saw 2008's losses wanting to repeat and got scared)

I lost somewhere around 80% of my profits and I wasn't a happy camper. True I could have stayed in for the long haul but because I hedge my trades at 4:1 my equity losses were making me very nervous and I didn't want to keep pumping money into my account until it turned.

I've learned a lot in the last 11 months and it would be the same with anyone who got burned in the stock market, real estate, any relationship at a time. It teaches you to be more cautious when it comes to some "sure deals" people like to pass with fundamentals more in mind than actual market manipulation or simply institutions with more money than you or me. :P

At the time of the sell-off many investors were losing their arses in the stock market and real-estate. So they had to "cash-out", to use a gambling term, in order to cover those losses.

Are we in a much different scenario today? Look at what happened this past summer! The seasonality of the metal market was in and yet this year is supposed to be much different from 2008? Yes, around now we had the sell-offs of 2008 and we are seeing new highs. Wouldn't that make anyone else suspicious?

I'm not arguing against the bulls. I think silver will hit new highs next year. I was hoping it was earlier this year when I was in and looking at great profits but it fizzled until now! Such a volatile and unpredictable metal this is. Yet I have been accused of making predictions. I'm trying to understand while I am trying to put more weight on one side of the equation over another.

At these prices many are screaming Yee-Haw while I'm trying to make sense of it all besides government spending. (The summer wasn't a break in Government Spending by the way!)

Sorry for the paragraphs of doom but maybe this will offer another angle on where I'm coming from. I'm more than happy people are seeing the value in their stacks go up but be sure it is for the right reasons and not be blinded by $$$'s.

Good Luck to us all!

-Q