PDA

View Full Version : Kruggerrands run out!

Cup-of-Ruin
24th November 2009, 16:58
http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=8590

These are not rare coins, there are tens of millions of them, if people are scrapping round for a few kruggers, then you know itz COMIN!

ryshay
24th November 2009, 17:17

These are not rare coins, there are tens of millions of them, if people are scrapping round for a few kruggers, then you know itz COMIN!

Hope it's true, but APMEX still has Krugs in-stock--and has not run out of them in months....

What is Truth?
24th November 2009, 17:45

Maybe so, but it appears they still have other gold to sell there. Articles like this may also be a sign that metals are about to tank and they, the sellers, want to get some panic buying going before it happens. If you thought you wouldn't be able to restock your precious metals would you want to sell them at all?

Cup-of-Ruin
24th November 2009, 18:18
Maybe so, but it appears they still have other gold to sell there. Articles like this may also be a sign that metals are about to tank and they, the sellers, want to get some panic buying going before it happens. If you thought you wouldn't be able to restock your precious metals would you want to sell them at all?

Interested in selling your stack now, while prices are high, seeming they are going to tank like you say, why not sell every ounce you have and buy back in later?

What is Truth?
24th November 2009, 18:39
Interested in selling your stack now, while prices are high, seeming they are going to tank like you say, why not sell every ounce you have and buy back in later?

Cup, put your reading glasses on and reread what I wrote. I said "may also be a sign...".

But since you replied, answer me why they are so interested in selling the last of their gold if " itz COMIN!"? :rolleyes:

What is Truth?
24th November 2009, 18:42
Cup took his cup and went home folks! :D

Cup-of-Ruin
24th November 2009, 19:42
Cup, put your reading glasses on and reread what I wrote. I said "may also be a sign...".

But since you replied, answer me why they are so interested in selling the last of their gold if " itz COMIN!"? :rolleyes:

Ahhhh because they are in the business of selling gold and silver, look Heller from numismaster says he cannot hunt down wholesale kruggers, now there are tens of millions of them, so we have what one, two sellers left with inventory, say a buyer comes in tomorrow and he wants 1000 krugers, so 1 and a quarter million paper dollars approx. that's not much, say in a weeks time another retail buyer comes in and he wants 10,000 kruggers, that's like $12 million, where the #@%$ you gonna get them?????

Relayer
24th November 2009, 20:12
Now there ya go! You tell the man! LOL!!!

skijake
24th November 2009, 20:21
Ahhhh because they are in the business of selling gold and silver, look Heller from numismaster says he cannot hunt down wholesale kruggers, now there are tens of millions of them, so we have what one, two sellers left with inventory, say a buyer comes in tomorrow and he wants 1000 krugers, so 1 and a quarter million paper dollars approx. that's not much, say in a weeks time another retail buyer comes in and he wants 10,000 kruggers, that's like $12 million, where the #@%$ you gonna get them?????

Obviously you move the first guy into a nice selection of tungsten krugs and the second guy is directed to buy GLD.
The affect is the same and you get rid of these pesky people who question the validity of their gold purchases. :p
And hand them a pamphlet while they are walking out the door stating these other Fun Facts.
Gold is a Barbarous Relic
You can't eat Gold
Buy and hold stocks, They always go up [ and if they go down, eventually they will come back] and {if they don't come back you'll still be OK because you diversified}
You can't eat gold
I think my grandfather had some gold coins
Jewelry is too expensive now that gold is over $1000
The dollar is about to make a dramatic move
You can't eat a Barbarous Relic
Heck if that doesn't get rid of them , nothing will.;)

TexAsh
24th November 2009, 20:54
You can't eat gold.)

Won't some stock certificates make a dandy baking parchment? ;-)

Happy Thanksgivning, y'all!

fansubs_ca
25th November 2009, 04:25
Funny thing, I remember when they could be bought for 2% _under_ spot
at a dealer in North Dakota. (Who at that time was in a major mall!) That
was however back in the late 80s when anything from South Africa was
considered uncool. ;)

Of course back then I couldn't afford a full ounce of gold, even at 2% off.