PDA

View Full Version : My Participation has Ended Here

Jake
20th November 2009, 21:47
``````````````````

hiyosilver
20th November 2009, 21:52
Oh, high and mighty one!.......don't let the door hit ya.....

DaBrownsRPhat
20th November 2009, 22:20
That sucks, good luck.

MasterQ
20th November 2009, 22:26
Oh, high and mighty one!.......don't let the door hit ya.....

Damn you beat me to it...

Sue-Z-Q
20th November 2009, 22:27
Jake, dear, if that is ALL the time you have "wasted" in life...

You are WAY ahead of the game.

Take heart!

Cup-of-Ruin
20th November 2009, 22:34
Don't worry about appreciation 'Jake', internet forums are like prisons where cell mates tap on drainpipes to communicate with each other, its not an ideal situation, and it's reaching the stage where it's difficult to appreciate anything at all, we're living in an insane asylum, a Theatre of Absurdity, in which everyday we introduced to lower and and lower forms of degeneracy and lunacy with no way of stopping it, it just gets progressively worse, why participate at all? I agree, I don't know even know why Im writing this now, what's the point, not like it will accomplish anything or change anything, guess I'll just stop tapping on my drainpipe....

What is Truth?
20th November 2009, 22:36
What has been going on here? :confused: It seems all the respectable people are at bars having bar fights on a friday night.

Don't go Jake. If you must then come back as someone else. Kind of like cyber space reincarnation.

What is Truth?
20th November 2009, 22:49
Don't worry about appreciation 'Jake', internet forums are like prisons where cell mates tap on drainpipes to communicate with each other, its not an ideal situation, and it's reaching the stage where it's difficult to appreciate anything at all, we're living in an insane asylum, a Theatre of Absurdity, in which everyday we introduced to lower and and lower forms of degeneracy and lunacy with no way of stopping it, it just gets progressively worse, why participate at all? I agree, I don't know even know why Im writing this now, what's the point, not like it will accomplish anything or change anything, guess I'll just stop tapping on my drainpipe....

Yes, but once you stop tapping you go insane for sure.

We need to stick together. Divide us and we are nothing. The day will come soon when we will wish we could get together like this. Let's not blow it now.

Sue-Z-Q
20th November 2009, 23:02
Yes, but once you stop tapping you go insane for sure.

We need to stick together. Divide us and we are nothing. The day will come soon when we will wish we could get together like this. Let's not blow it now.

IMO you are so right.

I don't look for the internet to last that much longer.

Having spent time on Death Row researching a book, tapping on pipes is just one of many ways. Coughing, and a whole host of 'methods'. No conjugal visits allowed in our state...but when a Death Row Prisoner (politically correct term is Condemned Unit - and I make a point of NOT being P.C.) had a girlfriend or wife visiting, you wouldn't have believed the orchestration that the inmates managed to keep the guards occupied so the Condemned could enjoy a quickie.

Convict Choreography, LOL. Interesting place ta visit - but you don't wanna LIVE there....

TheLoneRanger
20th November 2009, 23:03
Shane.. SHaaaaNNE come back SHANE....

LETMYSILVERGO
20th November 2009, 23:09
After 6 Or 8 Years Of This, Or Maybe It Is Only 5---we Have Seen It All Come And Go---

But F---------kin Finalllllllly Something Will Happen---just One Of The Major **** Ups Was Enoug To Set Silver On Fire-- Now We Have Had A 100 **** Ups, The World Is On Fire-

I Like Smoking Lighting, Heavy Metal Thunder -- The Dollar Is Going Down, Silver Is Short, The Law Men Look As It They Might Really Do Something---gold Is Fucking Fake-----who Could Ask For More-- I Have Sat For Years Watching Silver At 6 & 7, Hoping Some Small Fart Would Start The Ball Rolling. Now We Are In The Biggest **** Storm
Maybe In History And It Is Gonna Get Worse,--

--- And Some Of You Want To Pull Out Committing Coutus Inter Ruptus On The Silver Climax That Would Rock Your Sterling World---

These Are The Times To Light The Warning Towers, Get The Hot Oil Boiling, Sharpen The Knives----

And Get Ready To Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If It Don't Blow Now------if They Can Some How Put The Cork Back In That Silver Ozzing Volcano-- Then I Don;t Deserve My Stash--

But I Say They Don't Make A Butt Plug Big Enough To Stop This--

But If U All Want To Go Back To Reading About Jughead And Veronica-----**** It----the News Changes Every Hour, And Now It Not The Time To Quit Enjoying Our Private Party.

But I Could Bd Wrong, But I Kinda Fucking Doubt It-- Old Nam Slang

Have A Nice Day

Sue-Z-Q
20th November 2009, 23:12
What has been going on here? :confused: It seems all the respectable people are at bars having bar fights on a friday night.

Don't go Jake. If you must then come back as someone else. Kind of like cyber space reincarnation.

Jake, whom I consider an asset here and over at *** forum, has a knot in his drawers, 'cause I made a slip of fingers and didn't go into a lot of qualifying phrases and he took personally what wasn't meant that way as I addressed what some stuff translates from under the Coin Dealer Thread. I have apologized, and from past PMs Jake should know I hold him in esteem.

I could hold forth and tell y'all stuff absolutely NOT to say to a coin dealer (to get them to realize ya didn't just fall off a turnip truck and play you for a fool), how to parcel it out for the best price, and how to deal to get the best price for your goodies, how to call around/shop around, things to do to make a dealer want to deal with you, and a lot, lot more. But...

I think I've already said entirely too frickin' much. There are some things I've seen people say to dealers and I cringe inwardly. They just ignorantly tipped their hand and the shysters will take FULL advantage of it.

So blunder on, gang, all those who hate and despise all local smalltime dealers unless they're mega-ones like the Big Boyz. One reason WE went into the coin biz is because we wanted to start up and run a place like we could never quite find when we were on the other side of the counter. And we have.

I've been collecting coins since I was FOUR YEARS OLD if you "count" the day I was at Sunday School and I had a dateless buffalo nickel, an unimpressive Jefferson, a little boy had what I now realize was a BU Merc Dime, and I just had to have that puppy. I convinced him two nickels was more impressive and would make a louder "thunk" in the collection plate. He fell for it. I got the gorgeous shiny new Mercury Dime. It went inside my sock and into the bottom of my shoe. When the collection plate passed...I faked it, LOL. And God didn't Strike Me Dead.

At age eleven I bought Whitman trifold albums.

I've been around the block a long, long time. If hub's hadn't married me, he'd probably be drinking beer and bass-fishing.

BTW IMO EVERYone is ticky on all the forums I visit. There's that "webbot" think to predict, and if "crankiness" is some kind of "indicator" as nasty and argumentative as everyone on line has gotten...it portents some awful, awful things to come.

We are in this together.....Great Minds Wallowing The Same Ruts.

ryshay
20th November 2009, 23:21

I can't exactly talk to my neighbors about PMs for obvious reasons...
So who can I talk to? Anonymous people with funny avatars and weird handles that make no sense, that's who. Sure beats talking to myself. It's also better than talking to my kids, who listen for a few minutes, and then get distracted and start mashing their transformers together in loud explosions. Sigh...maybe when they're older... :)

Thanks for your posts, Jake--best of luck

Sue-Z-Q
20th November 2009, 23:30
Ol' Nam Slang.

Everyone is DINKY-DOW, eh?

Hubs & brother were 5th Special Forces 1967-68. Both approached as mercenaries after honorable discharge. Told hubs it was Soldier of Fortune Life...or ME. Not both.

I don't think he's regretted.

The Nam wasn't even fought over the **** they spoonfed us at the time. Guess YOU are another Viet Vet homegrown terrorist, eh? A customer/friend 82nd Airborne, Screaming Eagles, military retiree was in today...we were all talking old times and future times.... Lotta good and fine people in this country....

IMO 'most everyone on forums (except for the Duneyman types) who are surrounded by sheoples are ... walkin' POINT.

hiyosilver
20th November 2009, 23:39
guess I'll just stop tapping on my drainpipe....

good idea, it might make you go blind.

Cup-of-Ruin
21st November 2009, 00:16
Heavy Metal Thunder! mmmmmmmm.

StackAgainstTheMachine
21st November 2009, 00:23
Jake I enjoyed your posts. Unlike mine, which are often paraphrased off people I believe in, your posts seem original, intelligent, and derived from solid critical thinking skills. I hope to catch your posts on other forums, and to contribute back to those posts when I feel I can add value.

SilverLite
21st November 2009, 00:36
Your comments are appreciated. I have to say I got a good laugh over the Geitner comments the other day. Nearly wet myself at its validity. :)

fansubs_ca
21st November 2009, 03:24
There are some things I've seen people say to dealers and I cringe inwardly. They just ignorantly tipped their hand and the shysters will take FULL advantage of it.

My experience is that the dealers who are shysters assume they can scam
everyone and probably end up shooting themselves in the foot by saying
things that just make them look uncompetitive. Granted I'm left unsure if
they really are shysters or just plain ignorant themselves, either way they
end up loosing the bussiness they could have otherwise captured if they
just gave everyone the straight deal off the bat. ;)

Argyria
21st November 2009, 03:30
My experience is that the dealers who are shysters assume they can scam
everyone and probably end up shooting themselves in the foot by saying
things that just make them look uncompetitive. Granted I'm left unsure if
they really are shysters or just plain ignorant themselves, either way they
end up loosing the bussiness they could have otherwise captured if they
just gave everyone the straight deal off the bat. ;)

I agree. The dealers who are shysters tend to think their customers are idiots. How dare a customer have a valid opinion.

TexAsh
21st November 2009, 05:30
Is this because you did not appreciate SuzyQ's humor and replied with a large, purportedly humorous photo of a hand flipping the bird? How ironic!

JCM6395
21st November 2009, 05:47
Just chill out Jake. Take a break from the room if need be. Personally I've learned a lot on here about silver investing and what to look for. There are far more important things in life than getting pissed off at people you don't know on a message board.

main1event
21st November 2009, 07:05
Jake, why do you need to be appreciated? Why cant you feel as though you are helping other people?

Jake, it just seems to me after reading some of your ramblings over the past few months, that you need to be in the spot light, that you crave peoples attention. May I suggest a good therapist.

MasterQ
21st November 2009, 08:45
Jake, why do you need to be appreciated? Why cant you feel as though you are helping other people?

Jake, it just seems to me after reading some of your ramblings over the past few months, that you need to be in the spot light, that you crave peoples attention. May I suggest a good therapist.

You know main I told him the same thing.

That there were posts of his I did appreciate.

He just couldn't help himself with the tongue lashing because I had a difference of opinion or I still appreciate the use of TA.

He admitted he got burned by TA some time ago so anytime I or others bring it up (mostly me) he just can't stop bringing the insults and yes making it personal where he probably thought he was saying what everyone was thinking.

It isn't anyone's place or right to come here and oust anyone. When you do feel it is then you become a troll and distract from the actual conversation. You might think they are crazy or try and be debatable about the subject but don't be a complete asshole about it.

If anyone here truly did not see that from time to time from Jake then I'm sorry there are only a few people who did not appreciate it.

The therapy is probably what he needs because the passion behind the hate and upset was so strong I thought I was talking to a teenager where times he seemed like an adult.

You and I offered our hands of truce to him only for him to tip it again here and you had to experience it on YOUR OWN FORUM. What kind of person does this?

In a sense I want everyone who visits this thread to at least understand that Q did try and I apologize for falling into such heated threads with Jake. It certainly does distract as it did with me personally from discussing all sides to silver. Maybe we can all get back into conversation again and stop with the sand box fights.

Good luck everyone!

-Q

Longhaul
21st November 2009, 09:20
Jake I enjoyed your posts. Unlike mine, which are often paraphrased off people I believe in, your posts seem original, intelligent, and derived from solid critical thinking skills. I hope to catch your posts on other forums, and to contribute back to those posts when I feel I can add value.

Ditto, thanks for all your input Jake. Maybe just take a break instead 'eh?

TheLoneRanger
21st November 2009, 09:48
Hmmmm seems silverbugs eat their own.... not the best way to make the nest bigger.

Sue-Z-Q
21st November 2009, 09:59
Hmmmm seems silverbugs eat their own.... not the best way to make the nest bigger.

Always great to read your posts, 'Ranger.

I've appeciated having other femmes aboard.

And both you and Kat damned fine gunslingers at that, LOL.

main1event
21st November 2009, 10:07

Calling other people out isnt exactly heart felt either.

ryshay
21st November 2009, 10:35

On every message board for every topic, I have found there are two types of posters:

1) Those that want to contribute to a discussion on the topic by presenting news, facts, opinions.
2) Those that want to start an argument with someone for argument's sake. (pick fights, call out specific posters, etc).

Now, Group 2 can draw Group 1 into a back-and-forth argument because the Group1 wants to defend its position, to no avail.

That is because Group2 is not interested in positions--Group2 is interested in the argument itself. Some only feel alive if they are involved in conflict.

So, it is only specific silverbugs that eat their own. Group2 is trying to prey on Group1. The conflict ignites powerful sensations in the Group2 (superiority, dominance).

Anyone with any real experience with internet message boards has at some point come across a person, or a group of people, who are rude, full of attitude, or even just plain cruel. The question invariably follows: why are people so mean on message boards? The answer is very simple. People are mean on message boards because they can be.
In real life, confrontation and abusive actions may very well be met with physical retaliation (i.e. they'd get a good smacking). Online, they are nice and safe behind their computer monitor (http://forums.silverseek.com/#).

In real life, they'd have to see the hurt or shock on the face of the person they'd just attacked or belittled, perhaps causing them to feel shame and/or embarrassment over their behavior. Online, the person they shot their virtual mouth off at is just a screen name; colored text in a little box, not a person.
In real life, people's actions cause other people to think a certain way about them. Reputations are made and consequences of behavior are deal with in a very real way. Online, screen names and email addresses (http://forums.silverseek.com/#) can be changed at a whim; in essence, a reputation can be discarded at the drop of a hat.
With no consequences for behavior, some people choose to leave tact and decorum at the door, using the internet and its users as a virtual punching bag. Perhaps it stems from an inability to assert themselves in real life, or maybe they are simply incapable of realizing that there are actual people with feelings behind the colorful screen names. Either way, a person's online behavior is very telling about the person behind the screen.
It may be that those who are cruel, heartless and pompous online deserve the most sympathy. It takes great strength of character to extend courtesy and politeness even when it's not "necessary" (i.e. no fear of retribution if it's not extended). Pity is well deserved by those who fall short of that simple attribute.
http://www.helium.com/items/483502-why-do-people-have-to-be-so-mean-on-message-boards

TheLoneRanger
21st November 2009, 11:27
Well .. I'm no saint.. I've had my cruel moments.. ask Hippy.. I think we all have.. although, hand over heart, I really did try to just address "unsupported by facts" type comments by Hippy.

but that's the point really, we are all part angel and part demon at times.. I've seen Jake be helpful and rude.. sensitive and inconciderate

And I have been the same at times..

no need to take any of this personal..no need to add drama to an exit,, no need to rejoice over an exit IMHO and please, unless I am quoting someone or an article my posts are just opinions and guesses, hopes and fears. And are worth every penny you paid me to read them.

Now lets be clear.. my opinions are , to me, backed by my stack by the very fact I have a stack... when times get volitile and stack value gets shaky and the next step is not clear.. there is real pressure that doesn't have that much to do with ego, as it does with fortune. That doubt can sometimes come across as ego.. but Honey, this is a silver and investing forum.. we are all players with skin in this game and have money down and at risk on our opinions... We got a few here that absoultely blow me away with their honesty about taking hits past and presnt.. and when they do that I have massive respect for them... then they can turn arround three posts later and almost.. almost, out asshole me.. an impressive span by any measure.

let's remember to give that respect when it is due, as quickly as we come down on the asshat behavior.

And never forget what might come across by some as ego might very well be fear for their stack, or a need to bluster up to be able to sleep that night with the world and their stack on shaky ground.

Jake, cut the drama and get back in here.. suck it up... the ones that celibrate anybody's departure need to go to church and pray over those sentiments a bit tommorow, and decide if that really how you wanted to come across.

TheLoneRanger
21st November 2009, 12:10
What?

I thought I had the last dance! I dressed up for this too!

I must have a nice dance!!!

'foot stomp

carefull with the one line throw off comments.. I tried one a while back on this thread .. three people quoted it and I had to make a longish serious post to explain myself...

oh btw.. would you care to dance?

ryshay
21st November 2009, 12:23
carefull with the one line throw off comments.. I tried one a while back on this thread .. three people quoted it and I had to make a longish serious post to explain myself...

oh btw.. would you care to dance?

LOL--the infamous non-sequitur comments.

I just assume these throw-off comments are some sort of inside joke or a way of injecting some levity in a discussion. Fine with me. Just keep in mind that no one knows what the hell you are talking about...

TheLoneRanger
21st November 2009, 13:03

I just assume these throw-off comments are some sort of inside joke or a way of injecting some levity in a discussion. Fine with me. Just keep in mind that no one knows what the hell you are talking about...

No one? good .. at least we are all on the same page then.

Sue-Z-Q
21st November 2009, 14:49

Naw. No inside joke.

Dance. Dressing up. Footstomp. Periodically manifests like a facial tic.

He failed to ask for his kiss this time 'round. Maybe next time.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
21st November 2009, 19:31
Later, Jake.

Come back if you can.

Try to relax - you'll think better.

JesterJay
22nd November 2009, 13:20
Hmmmm.
I acted like an ass yesterday. For just a short while. The rest of the day I was 100% Gold, er, Silver.
I'm like that most days. Some days I act Silver all day long.
Very rarely do I have a 100% A-hole day.
But I do have them.
Hope I am not remembered ONLY for those few days.
JesterJay

Later, Jake.

Come back if you can.

Try to relax - you'll think better.