PDA

View Full Version : The Day The Dollar Died

SilverJim
20th November 2009, 12:30
Here's a very interesting and chilling story for you. It is fiction but I dare say perhaps one not too far away from what could happen.

http://www.infowars.com/the-day-the-dollar-died/

As the futures opened in Chicago for the evening session, no matter where you were in the world that day or night, you printed that screen at 6:04 p.m. Eastern time as the prints were staggering:

Gold UP $212.15 to $1501.15

Silver UP $39.13 to $81.06

US DOLLAR INDEX DOWN 9.5869 or just over 14% to 59.4830

US S&P FUTURES DOWN 49.13

US DOW FUTURES DOWN 472

NASDAQ FUTURES DOWN 135

Holy Smokes! This was an absurd way to start the night and my phone started ringing along with text messages and emails out my wazoo. The sense of panic was evident on Bernie Lo’s face as he came on to the air discussing what was happening in the futures market and fortunately he announced that Jim Rogers would be joining him after the next break. As the commercial started at 6:09 p.m. Eastern the scroll at the bottom of the screen was bright red with the headline:

ALL U.S. EQUITY FUTURES ARE LOCK LIMIT DOWN…..TRADING SUSPENDED UNTIL 0900 ET MONDAY FEB 22….US DOLLAR BEING SOLD ACROSS THE BOARD

DaleFromCalgary
20th November 2009, 13:04
There was a movie that came out a decade or more ago about a dollar crash but I can't remember the title. Can anyone advise? I'd like to track down a DVD of it if it is in print.

The one scene I remember of it is a stock broker who, along with his colleagues, saw the collapse starting in the overnight markets in Asia. He phoned his wife and calmly and firmly told her as fast as possible, before the New York markets opened, to take a large suitcase to the bank and withdraw all their money and then use it to buy gold.

TheLoneRanger
20th November 2009, 13:15
There was a movie that came out a decade or more ago about a dollar crash but I can't remember the title. Can anyone advise? I'd like to track down a DVD of it if it is in print.

The one scene I remember of it is a stock broker who, along with his colleagues, saw the collapse starting in the overnight markets in Asia. He phoned his wife and calmly and firmly told her as fast as possible, before the New York markets opened, to take a large suitcase to the bank and withdraw all their money and then use it to buy gold.

The time line doesn't track.. it Asian markets are going down.. then Europe would give the game away well before markets and banks open in the USA.. and arround here banks open at 9 am CST and the market opens at 8:30

DaleFromCalgary
20th November 2009, 13:41
It was a Hollywood movie, eh? The point is, what was the title?

TheLoneRanger
20th November 2009, 13:49
It was a Hollywood movie, eh? The point is, what was the title?

LOL yeah I know... don't worry.. it's not like you have to sit next to me while I pick apart almost every movie I watch.... I'm kinda bad that way.. I just can't help but comment when Hollywood gets it wrong...

ccjoe
20th November 2009, 15:15
Here's a very interesting and chilling story for you. It is fiction but I dare say perhaps one not too far away from what could happen.

http://www.infowars.com/the-day-the-dollar-died/

Silver-read post #10 http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?t=8895
Either NO ONE reads anything or I'm on everyone's ignore:(
I post critical stuff like this and people don't get it.
You got it and it IS a very real possibility.

SilverJim
20th November 2009, 16:09
ccjoe, I did see that post you mention however, I was at work (like now too) and could not access the link you had there becuase of company filters we have (called websense). I'll have to check it out later at home.

I forget who said it but it's a good one, "Once the crisis arrives, the time to prepare has passed."

Time to head out to Sam's Club for more supplies. ;)

cybermorpheus
20th November 2009, 16:21

Rollover is the movie. Some extracts in Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1qdHhdQQk

gottago
20th November 2009, 16:40
Rollover is the movie. Some extracts in Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1qdHhdQQk

My wife keeps mentioning that movie every once in awhile and says it is a good movie.

Isn't it funny how some movies from "back when" seem to come true every now and then.......

ccjoe
20th November 2009, 16:48
ccjoe, I did see that post you mention however, I was at work (like now too) and could not access the link you had there becuase of company filters we have (called websense). I'll have to check it out later at home.

I forget who said it but it's a good one, "Once the crisis arrives, the time to prepare has passed."

Time to head out to Sam's Club for more supplies. ;)

Jim--You are very smart like I think I am to take this stuff seriously. I have NEVER been the doom and gloom type but I have to take care of the wife and kids and we're entering into serious scenario possibilities here.
Check out that GIM website as there's over 10K people there every day. You get a wide variety of views which I think is the name of the game in self-preservation.

Kayaker
20th November 2009, 17:22
Did you see the movie 2012 yet where the government dude tells the Sheik it cost a billion for a ticket on the Ark and the Sheik says, "A billion dollars, no problem?" And the government dude replies, "The price is in Euros," and the Sheik's face about falls off.

JesterJay
20th November 2009, 17:28
A billion troy ozzies of silver would be a better answer.
Ha!
JaysterJests

Did you see 2012 yet where the government dude tells the Sheik it cost a billion for a ticket on the Ark and the Sheik says, "A billion dollars, no problem?" And the government dude replies, "The price is in Euros," and the Sheik's face about falls off.

JCM6395
20th November 2009, 18:09
What happens when the day arrives they have to replace the dollar with the Amero or whatever its called. Will they just say it takes $50 to equal 1 Amero? If so then what the hell are the Chinese going to do after they come down off the ceiling? I'm assuming it would make our national debt look a lot smaller?!?!?! Probably make everybody broke? I'm just curious what would happen.

TexAsh
20th November 2009, 19:34

"Rollover" is available on NetFlix.

SammyBinLaden
20th November 2009, 23:49
Rollover is about as boring a film as I've ever seen, save your self the time and money and just watch the two or three good sceens which are available on youtube.