PDA

View Full Version : Mineweb says $13.00 silver?

cabtrom
25th September 2009, 07:14
How the hell can mineweb say longterm silver average $13.00 when all I hear is dollar is falling? Is mineweb credible or are they owned by obama too? You would think they would be far more optimistic.What am I missing?

silversurfer1
25th September 2009, 07:38
Cabtrom can you post the exact link to this information? I am reading nothing about $13 silver - quite the contrary.

ccjoe
25th September 2009, 07:43
Obviously with the dollar up there are TEMPORARY headwinds going against silver> http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX
that will change soon

silversurfer1
25th September 2009, 07:51
Okay I found the Mineweb article - interesting - I do think there will be a correction just a matter of how low. Still headed up up up in after that.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page32?oid=89740&sn=Detail

MasterQ
25th September 2009, 08:04
Hmmm...I would concede 13.85-13.95 IF silver chooses to challenge the 200 day average this go around.

This is a very deep drop considering the strength in the fundamentals this year over year.

If the momentum to the downside, even embedding to the oversold, were to happen then yes we could see it.

I would only start to layer in as soon as we hit 14's and look to the upper 13's for support.

We will have to all revisit this later after the October dip finishes its path.

-Q

ccjoe
25th September 2009, 09:25
Hmmm...I would concede 13.85-13.95 IF silver chooses to challenge the 200 day average this go around.

This is a very deep drop considering the strength in the fundamentals this year over year.

If the momentum to the downside, even embedding to the oversold, were to happen then yes we could see it.

I would only start to layer in as soon as we hit 14's and look to the upper 13's for support.

We will have to all revisit this later after the October dip finishes its path.

-Q

If we go to 13 a famous retired hockey player who lives 4 houses down from me, will be in HELL skating for the Bruins again:)

cabtrom
25th September 2009, 09:55
If 13 is believed to be a long term average then perhaps a bubble is building that could cause the price to plummit giving it that average. $20.00 - $13 - $7.00

My Pants Are Cold
25th September 2009, 16:55
$7 Ag would absolutely rock IMO, as I need new stuff. The old stuff is getting dirty from rolling around in it.

PlataTruth
25th September 2009, 18:50
$7 Ag would absolutely rock IMO, as I need new stuff. The old stuff is getting dirty from rolling around in it.

Dont you know you are suspose to practice safe silver sex? Wear those white painters coveralls and then you can roll around in your silver all you want, it wont get dirty or oily.

Katwoman
25th September 2009, 18:57
We are not gonna see $13 unless the fundamentals change and that is not gonna happen any time soon.

DaleFromCalgary
25th September 2009, 19:00
"We are not gonna see $13 unless the fundamentals change and that is not gonna happen any time soon."

Earlier this year some people were predicting $25 oil by now, but it seems increasingly unlikely too.

As always, buy on the dips because you can't time the market. Especially the TAers.

Katwoman
25th September 2009, 20:25
I base all my TA on market fundamentals and long-term market trends. I have no idea what will happen from day to day (if I did I would be a billionaire).....I leave that up to MQ and others who are much more talented these things than I. Like you I buy the dips and hold.

valerb
26th September 2009, 00:29

I keep telling myself I will not buy anymore Silver unless it hits $6, but I think I'd break down at $7. Go all in and pray it didn't go any lower. Not for loss in value, but for the loss of the extra Silver I could have bought at $6.

Cup-of-Ruin
26th September 2009, 01:50
I keep telling myself I will not buy anymore Silver unless it hits $6, but I think I'd break down at $7. Go all in and pray it didn't go any lower. Not for loss in value, but for the loss of the extra Silver I could have bought at $6.

I will bet you my stack that you never buy silver at $7.

DaBrownsRPhat
26th September 2009, 02:37

LOL

What I think is that you won't have to worry about it and you won't get anymore silver if you wait for $6 or $7.

Might as well wait for $0.50. ;)

hiyosilver
26th September 2009, 02:42
Short term, I'm estimating $15.30.

silverheartbone
26th September 2009, 09:26
Me and a whole lot of other folks.

valerb
26th September 2009, 23:55
I will bet you my stack that you never buy silver at $7.

I would bet anything that you would have said the same thing last year when it was over $20 that it will never be under $9 again. It dropped $12 from it's high last year, why is it impossible to drop $9 from here?

It was at $10.50 in January and hit a low of $12.50 two months ago.

All it takes is a major stock market crash and I'm not talking about $500 one day. I'm talking about a dump of the DOW down to $4,000 or $5,000 in a hurry and the leveraged player will be forced out of PM, just like in the past. The commercial shorts will eat their lunch all the way down. We could see $6 silver in a matter of just a few days. Then we would see the big bump back up as money started to flow into safe haven PM's. It will be a quick and ugly dip and many Silver investors will miss the boat because they can't find any Silver to buy, just like last year. The smart investors will have NWTM's phone lines tied up all day, while others are afraid to purchase from them.

As long as we have margin investors, we will always have the potential of major price swings, while they struggle to survive.

It's the futures market that sets the price, not us. The manipulation takes place there, not at Tulving's. So, never say never. Like everyone, I'm hoping for $50 - $100 Silver, but we are one hell of a lot closer to $6 than we are to $50.

I would "really" hate to see $6 Silver, as it would probably indicate that our mess has just gotten a whole lot uglier in a hurry. It's that ugly mess that would cause me to invest just about every penny I have in buying more Silver, gambling that it will turn around very rapidly.

I'm very content with the amount of Silver I own, but if a gift horse comes my way, I'm going to take advantage of it, even if I have to buy those monstrous 1,000 ounce bars.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
27th September 2009, 00:02
Your $6 is very plausible in a stock market crash, which is, as we speak, practically expected.

But $6 spot is not. You'll have to contend with premiums. Who'll sell for 6?

Cup-of-Ruin
27th September 2009, 00:21
I would bet anything that you would have said the same thing last year when it was over $20 that it will never be under $9 again. It dropped $12 from it's high last year, why is it impossible to drop $9 from here?

It was at $10.50 in January and hit a low of $12.50 two months ago.

All it takes is a major stock market crash and I'm not talking about $500 one day. I'm talking about a dump of the DOW down to $4,000 or $5,000 in a hurry and the leveraged player will be forced out of PM, just like in the past. The commercial shorts will eat their lunch all the way down. We could see $6 silver in a matter of just a few days. Then we would see the big bump back up as money started to flow into safe haven PM's. It will be a quick and ugly dip and many Silver investors will miss the boat because they can't find any Silver to buy, just like last year. The smart investors will have NWTM's phone lines tied up all day, while others are afraid to purchase from them.

As long as we have margin investors, we will always have the potential of major price swings, while they struggle to survive.

It's the futures market that sets the price, not us. The manipulation takes place there, not at Tulving's. So, never say never. Like everyone, I'm hoping for $50 - $100 Silver, but we are one hell of a lot closer to $6 than we are to $50.

I would "really" hate to see $6 Silver, as it would probably indicate that our mess has just gotten a whole lot uglier in a hurry. It's that ugly mess that would cause me to invest just about every penny I have in buying more Silver, gambling that it will turn around very rapidly.

I'm very content with the amount of Silver I own, but if a gift horse comes my way, I'm going to take advantage of it, even if I have to buy those monstrous 1,000 ounce bars.

Perth Mint just suspended orders again on any silver over a 1 Oz coin, that's at $16-17, I am wondering where you are going to buy your 1000 Oz bars from at $6, basically it's not going to happen.

valerb
27th September 2009, 01:07
Your $6 is very plausible in a stock market crash, which is, as we speak, practically expected.

But $6 spot is not. You'll have to contend with premiums. Who'll sell for 6?

NWTM will be selling $6 silver for around $7 including premium. They follow the spot price and it didn't matter how low it went last year. Thousand ounce bars will probably be more available than anything else. It's the one thing dealers can buy in a retail shortage, but not many retail buyers can or are willing to buy bars of that size.

Keep in mind that $6 Silver looks like a dream come true and that everyone in the world would want to jump on the band wagon. That just isn't the case for most people and a lot of the investors. A price drop like that will scare the hell out of most people, not cause them to jump in head first. Remember history, everyone jumps on a rising star and jumps off one that is falling. The average person is not going to buy Silver when it is tanking anymore than they are going to buy into the stock market in the same crash.

I know a lot of people frown on ETFs, but they consistently sell for 20 - 30 cents under spot and there is no premium. Then there's always the option of taking delivery of a contract off of the COMEX, but that would be my last choice.

valerb
27th September 2009, 01:13
Perth Mint just suspended orders again on any silver over a 1 Oz coin, that's at $16-17, I am wondering where you are going to buy your 1000 Oz bars from at $6, basically it's not going to happen.

What does the Perth mint have to do with the availability of Silver here in the US? Try looking at what's available at US dealers. Everything from 40% junk silver all the way up to 1,000 ounce bars. Gold is a different story, but Silver is everywhere.

Cup-of-Ruin
27th September 2009, 01:21
What does the Perth mint have to do with the availability of Silver here in the US? Try looking at what's available at US dealers. Everything from 40% junk silver all the way up to 1,000 ounce bars. Gold is a different story, but Silver is everywhere.

Because the Perth Mint are a major international dealer, so you think you will be able to buy silver in the US for $6 an ounce?

valerb
27th September 2009, 01:58
Because the Perth Mint are a major international dealer, so you think you will be able to buy silver in the US for $6 an ounce?

I don't buy from the Perth Mint, I buy American made products. Just kidding. If I could buy it last year when it was under $9, why do you think I won't be able to at $6?

In case you weren't around last year, there was "not" a retail shortage of Silver. There was a shortage at the dealers, because the mints cut them off, but the mints were selling Silver as fast as they could manufacture it. At least the mints that are full functioning that can process 1,000 ounce bars into other products, not just stamp blanks. You had to wait for it to be manufactured, but everyone got their Silver, except those that refused to wait and they paid an extra $2 - $4 more per ounce, when it was available. That was their loss and everyone else got their Silver that much sooner.

Cup-of-Ruin
27th September 2009, 02:53
[QUOTE=valerb@bellsouth.net;71643]I don't buy from the Perth Mint, I buy American made products. Just kidding. If I could buy it last year when it was under $9, why do you think I won't be able to at $6?

OK, so your prediction is that spot silver will drop to $6 at which time you will buy, well good luck with that, what about $2, do you think it could go to $2:rolleyes:

DaleFromCalgary
27th September 2009, 08:47
"I know a lot of people frown on ETFs, but they consistently sell for 20 - 30 cents under spot and there is no premium. Then there's always the option of taking delivery of a contract off of the COMEX, but that would be my last choice."

I've never bought ETFs, but my understanding is that a retail investor cannot claim actual delivery.

"Try looking at what's available at US dealers. Everything from 40% junk silver all the way up to 1,000 ounce bars. Gold is a different story, but Silver is everywhere."

"In case you weren't around last year, there was "not" a retail shortage of Silver."

No problem getting gold or silver in any form here in Calgary, then or now.

maplesilverbug
27th September 2009, 10:04
"In case you weren't around last year, there was "not" a retail shortage of Silver."

No problem getting gold or silver in any form here in Calgary, then or now.

Silver -- NO 5 & 10oz bars in my West Coast town. I've checked. And the Maples are ridiculously priced. The dealers say whenever they do get bars in, they are gone within a week. I ordered a bunch from NWTMint and have been trying to fill the local void...but people still really go for those 1oz. rounds!