PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor Has No Clothes

miser109
23rd September 2009, 22:19
As badly as I hate to admit it, I just don't believe that we are going to see a significant expansion in the price of silver until the dollar's weakness is acutely felt at the consumer level. Lets face it, if folks aren't scared about the dollar right now then the only thing that is going to get them worried is to have their dollars start buying a lot less at the grocery store. When a loaf of bread cost them $5 or a gallon of milk is $7 they'll start to squeal like little pigs, but by then it will likely be too late and PM's will be well on their move and in a big way.

Secondly the only thing I believe can break the (unlawful) manipulation of our PM market is investors large and small running towards PM's to secure the value of their cash. Investing is more psychology than mathematics. Once "true fear" sets in with the world economy the wealth transfer will start to take place.

I don't believe that this is going to happen soon. Perhaps not even within the next three years. Hell, even folks of average intelligence should be worried to death right now, but instead they are dancing in the streets and signing the "recession is over" to a fiat tune coming from Bernanke's flute. The average Joe just doesn't get it and no matter how much we jump up and down screaming "the Emperor has no clothes" I fear that the only way they will see the truth is when the pain becomes so acute that they can no longer look the other way to the travesty that has become of the worlds strongest economy.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
23rd September 2009, 22:24
"When a loaf of bread cost them $5 or a gallon of milk is $7 they'll start to squeal like little pigs, but by then it will likely be too late and PM's will be well on their move and in a big way."

There's the thesis: kind of like answering your own question.

DaBrownsRPhat
23rd September 2009, 22:26
I agree, but don't forget that things happen fast.

You are not going to be able to see a catastrophe and plan ahead after it is obvious.

I think David Morgan said that 90% of the movement happens in 10% of the time. I agree.

No one can say they know when anything will happen really.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
23rd September 2009, 22:30

You are not going to be able to see a catastrophe and plan ahead after it is obvious.

I think David Morgan said that 90% of the movement happens in 10% of the time. I agree.

The average joe isn't preparing. He's not an investor.

Investors, however, are perfectly happy to board an investment as it climbs.

Beaucoup bond money out there just waiting to buy PMs.

miser109
23rd September 2009, 22:37

I agree, and that is when I believe the true wealth transfer will begin. I hope that it happens sooner than later but the stimulus package will have the effect of making the economy look like its heading in the right direction when in fact it will only make its harsh repercussions that much more intense and lasting.

I've been buying slowly for the last seven years and one thing this investment has taught me is patience. I've collected a pretty nice stash of gold and silver during that time...now I get relax on the deck on my silver ark and watch the storm clouds form.

miser109
23rd September 2009, 22:45
The average joe isn't preparing. He's not an investor.

Investors, however, are perfectly happy to board an investment as it climbs.

Beaucoup bond money out there just waiting to buy PMs.

If that was the case we would see silver at $30 or higher and not $16. Folks are taking money out of their bonds and putting it in Bank of America stock because its up 200% in the last 52 weeks, Apple stock is up over 100% etc ad nauseum . The investors may be taking nibbles of PM's at these levels but we have yet to see them truly commit to it as an investment strategy with the majority of their portfolio dollars. The only thing that is going to make them do that is pain...they haven't felt enough yet to make them change their habits...but they will.

MasterQ
23rd September 2009, 22:55
I agree, and that is when I believe the true wealth transfer will begin. I hope that it happens sooner than later but the stimulus package will have the effect of making the economy look like its heading in the right direction when in fact it will only make its harsh repercussions that much more intense and lasting.

I've been buying slowly for the last seven years and one thing this investment has taught me is patience. I've collected a pretty nice stash of gold and silver during that time...now I get relax on the deck on my silver ark and watch the storm clouds form.

So....while your sitting in your ark are you laughing at the passerby's?

Are you dropping an ASE in a beggars cup?

Are you lighting your cigars with another fiat or the same fiat bill you just cashed a bit of your stash to survive or promulgate yourself in the streets with?

Somewhere I missed where investing in silver becomes a personal tower of babel versus protecting oneself from inflation while the worlds economy realizes the error of its ways (hopefully) and free markets can retain some rightful place where they are not manipulated (hopefully) and the people take back their governments. Oh yeah and END THE FED!

This could all be wishful thinking of course.

-Q

SeekrBrnEvryMin
23rd September 2009, 23:00
If that was the case we would see silver at $30 or higher and not $16. Folks are taking money out of their bonds and putting it in Bank of America stock because its up 200% in the last 52 weeks, Apple stock is up over 100% etc ad nauseum . The investors may be taking nibbles of PM's at these levels but we have yet to see them truly commit to it as an investment strategy with the majority of their portfolio dollars. The only thing that is going to make them do that is pain...they haven't felt enough yet to make them change their habits...but they will.

Pas "pain," miseur. Fear.

miser109
24th September 2009, 00:10
Somewhere I missed where investing in silver becomes a personal tower of babel versus protecting oneself from inflation while the worlds economy realizes the error of its ways (hopefully) and free markets can retain some rightful place where they are not manipulated (hopefully) and the people take back their governments. Oh yeah and END THE FED!

-Q

I believe that I said "ark" which is a far cry from the Tower of Bable.

When does prudent investing become greed. I invest in silver and gold to protect my family and the analogy of it being an ark is a valid one. The Tower of Bable is a story of greed and pride, the story of the ark is a story of discipline and reverence. And just like the story of the ark I will care for my family and loved ones first, what is left after the storm will be used for altruistic purposes.

Personally I think enough is stolen out of my check to support those who find it impossible to support themselves... the wonderful charity called welfare...now there is a Tower of Bable indeed!

To answer your questions:

"So....while your sitting in your ark are you laughing at the passerby's?"

Depends upon who is passing by...if its the CEO of BofA, an exec from Enron or Bernie Madoff the answer is likely yeah...I'll be laughing my ass off.

Are you dropping an ASE in a beggars cup?

Depends on the beggar...if the person truly deserves a leg up and has the ability to learn from his or her mistakes then yes I'll make every effort to help and support their progress.

SilverSucker
24th September 2009, 01:03
[QUOTE=SeekrBrnEvryMin;71213]"When a loaf of bread cost them $5 or a gallon of milk is $7 QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be funny, but... here in Seattle, a loaf of bread is $5. And, have you seen the price of organic milk?