PDA

View Full Version : Why's silver getting hammered in Asia?

ccjoe
20th September 2009, 19:28
Are the shorts winning temporarily?
This going down stuff is scary sometimes even when we ALL know the fundamentals are in place for the much vaunted moonshot.

MasterQ
20th September 2009, 20:05
Are the shorts winning temporarily?
This going down stuff is scary sometimes even when we ALL know the fundamentals are in place for the much vaunted moonshot.

now cmon joe..haven't you been reading my posts?

The markets have been moving a month in advance.

October is usually dip season and almost always the taper off begins towards the end of September.

This is where you really need to pay attention to Kat's and My posts along with Mr. Relayer.

I believe Kat said it best with regard to when her and my analysis cross.

The heavy buying season will begin soon and then it is the ride up to next year.

Patience grasshopper...this was to be expected.

;)

-Q

maplesilverbug
20th September 2009, 20:06
Hammered? Like down 0.88%? Wow! If you call that a hammering...you probably think a 0.88% gain is a "soaring"!

The reason to "why's silver getting hammered in Asia" is call....wait for it...MOVEMENT!!! Whew!

And if you think all "this going down stuff is scary"...well...can't help you there, joey.

Best of luck.

Relayer
20th September 2009, 20:14
to say hammered is a bit extreme. Intraday moves of 25-30 cents are quite normal. Just testing support at the low end....$16.70-$16.80. I dont think silver will see a stronger correction until gold is ready to do the same. Gold support is $998-$1004. Watch the dollar, the dollar is slightly above its long term down trend channel. 77 has been its top. 4 times it has backed down from that level.

ccjoe
20th September 2009, 20:22
now cmon joe..haven't you been reading my posts?

The markets have been moving a month in advance.

October is usually dip season and almost always the taper off begins towards the end of September.

This is where you really need to pay attention to Kat's and My posts along with Mr. Relayer.

I believe Kat said it best with regard to when her and my analysis cross.

The heavy buying season will begin soon and then it is the ride up to next year.

Patience grasshopper...this was to be expected.

;)

-Q

That is exactly why I DO believe to a certain degree in TA in spite of these unique times.

ccjoe
20th September 2009, 20:23
to say hammered is a bit extreme. Intraday moves of 25-30 cents are quite normal. Just testing support at the low end....$16.70-$16.80. I dont think silver will see a stronger correction until gold is ready to do the same. Gold support is $998-$1004. Watch the dollar, the dollar is slightly above its long term down trend channel. 77 has been its top. 4 times it has backed down from that level.
I know> I'm just having some fun as I'm known to embellish emotionally and I'm also known to be overly optimistic on silver.
FYI--It is coming back again:)

fansubs_ca
21st September 2009, 02:03
Why's silver getting hammered in Asia?

Well, they need to make it into silver foil/leaf to wrap around the outside of those lead "replica coins". ;)

Android
21st September 2009, 10:06

O.K....so....maybe we should all use the word "hammered" TODAY..... :mad:

maplesilverbug
21st September 2009, 19:38
O.K....so....maybe we should all use the word "hammered" TODAY..... :mad:

Why? Because it's down...-0.88% at NY close?

Or was it down more at the very moment YOU looked?

It's so very, very weird how fixated people are on 'spot'...

ccjoe
22nd September 2009, 08:48
So much for my one day freak out.
Again---100 in 2010.
300 by 2013.
INEXORABLE uncommon sense.

maplesilverbug
22nd September 2009, 08:55
Again---NOT 100 in 2010.
NOT 300 by 2013.

I wager my entire stack on it. Any takers?

DaleFromCalgary
22nd September 2009, 13:38
Silver is still creeping up in the Calgary OTC market. Yesterday it was C$21.30 and gold was $1,145. I'm still buying gold weekly for my old-age pension, and waiting for the GSR to drop to the 30s to trade silver for more gold.

maplesilverbug
22nd September 2009, 22:22
...waiting for the GSR to drop to the 30s to trade silver for more gold.

I'm waiting for the exact same thing.