PDA

View Full Version : Coming 2010

miser109
18th September 2009, 21:20
http://goldsilver.com/uploads/images/Comex.jpg

maplesilverbug
18th September 2009, 21:26
http://therawfeed.com/pix/100_dollar_bill.jpg

Sorry...but just couldn't find a pic of a $16 bill.

LETMYSILVERGO
19th September 2009, 00:03
I Love That Cartoon-- It Sure Looks As If This Is What Will Happen--

Put Your Tray In The Upright Position & Grab Your Silver Life-jacket

fansubs_ca
19th September 2009, 00:25
I don't suppose you know where I could get a higher resolution one where
I could read the small speach baloons in the corner?

Argyria
19th September 2009, 00:30
I don't suppose you know where I could get a higher resolution one where
I could read the small speach baloons in the corner?

I believe the left one says, "The Fed says it's a financial apocalypse."

MiloMorai
19th September 2009, 22:58
Not to worry , I found one :D

DaleFromCalgary
20th September 2009, 09:41
Enjoyed the cartoon, and wish it would come true. I suspect that COMEX will sneak through unscathed, probably by changing the rules again.

Another good reason to ignore futures prices and stick to the spot market.

Cash2Riches
20th September 2009, 10:02
http://www.greaterfool.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Boomer1.jpg

Another Sad but true comic.

DaleFromCalgary
20th September 2009, 11:05
Canada's Boomer generation is even more concentrated than the Americans (because we were in WW2 longer), so the CPP and OAP will be more stressed. The only saving grace is that we have the commodities that will be in demand (food, oil, metals), so the government can stagger through in spite of itself.

Burticus
20th September 2009, 17:51
Better hide yer cows, Dale. According to the web bots, a catastrophe will cause millions of Americans to flee north into Canada.

PlataTruth
20th September 2009, 18:23
Better hide yer cows, Dale. According to the web bots, a catastrophe will cause millions of Americans to flee north into Canada.

Our doors are always open to new comers, just bring your silver:D and warm cloths

Burticus
20th September 2009, 19:38
Unfortunately, the millions of sheeple herding north will have no silver (gasp!) and will otherwise be mostly unprepared, except for possibly warm clothes...and firearms.

PlataTruth
20th September 2009, 23:26
They will be welcomed with bureaucracy and paperwork for the firearms, handguns are a huge hassle and special permits, longguns must be long, no sawed off. We can thank the Liberal government for turning law abiding hunters into near criminals.

LETMYSILVERGO
21st September 2009, 00:11
I Hope It Does Not Happen, But Canada Has Big Border, With 100's Of Way To Get In, With Guns Or Not..i Think

PlataTruth
21st September 2009, 00:26
Our border isn't monitored, you will be easily able to walk right in. It is leaving yours that I would be far more concerned with. They will not want you leaving with "their" money.

maplesilverbug
21st September 2009, 09:15
Depends who takes us over first -- the US or Russia.

Then, of course, since we still have the Queenie on our cash, Old Mr. Union Jack and his Harriers will be over here lickety-split to "reclaim" us like some lost and forgotten purse at a coat check.

Yeah...going to be a pretty shitty country after all our oil and water and isotopes are gone.

PlataTruth
21st September 2009, 11:09
Depends who takes us over first -- the US or Russia.

Then, of course, since we still have the Queenie on our cash, Old Mr. Union Jack and his Harriers will be over here lickety-split to "reclaim" us like some lost and forgotten purse at a coat check.

Yeah...going to be a pretty shitty country after all out oil and water and isotopes are gone.

Dont forget our lumber, minerals, beef and the genuine Saskatchewan seal fur.
But dont worry Maple you're west coast, you dont have any of those things, all you west coasters have is beautiful scenery, well you do have lots of lumber.

Cash2Riches
21st September 2009, 16:49
The sad thing is, I think that statement is kind of true, if America begins to collapse it could very easily head towards a dictatorship.

maplesilverbug
21st September 2009, 19:36
Yes, I am WC...but an OPB (Original Prairie Boy)! Gotta tell ya, Alberta oil will be mighty hard to take away from the infestation of gun-totin' rednecks. Think Alabama North...but with lots of money.

fansubs_ca
22nd September 2009, 04:06

Well, on the plus side they already speak the language. :D

As long as they avoid Quebec (French highly recomended if you are going
there) or Toronto (no 2 people speak the same language in that city ;) ).

PlataTruth
22nd September 2009, 12:06
Yes, I am WC...but an OPB (Original Prairie Boy)! Gotta tell ya, Alberta oil will be mighty hard to take away from the infestation of gun-totin' rednecks. Think Alabama North...but with lots of money.

It would be the military bases that I would be more worried about, CFB Edmonton and the air force base in Cold Lake, both in northern Alberta where all the oil is, how convienent. Ready to defend our nations interests "oil" at a moments notice. I feel so safe. And yes most of us farms boys can hit a gopher "groundhog" from 200 yards.

DaleFromCalgary
22nd September 2009, 13:35
Seriously though, I don't expect much of a mass rush over the 49th parallel. I remember when Shrub was first elected there was a lot of loose talk by Americans about how they would emigrate to Canada. Few did.

One reason is that we have real winters, and because we're further north, the winter days are much shorter. Think darkness going to work, darkness coming home from work, shoveling snow off your driveway (the stereotypical Canadian death is a heart attack while shoveling snow), plugging the car in at night (all Canadian cars have electrical engine block heaters), and listening to the furnace running continuously 24 hours a day during a -30C cold spell while trying not to think what next month's heating bill will be like.

Also, "language police" is just a phrase in the USA, but we have real language wars up here.

But if you do decide to make the hike, the prairie provinces would be the best place to go. We have the natural resources, the room to absorb immigrants, and a younger, better educated population.