PDA

View Full Version : Is it to late?

Johnny_Tacos
17th September 2009, 05:15
Is it to late to hop on the silver train, or any train regarding precious metals?

If not, what is every ones opinion on which form of silver should I buy? Coins? Small bars?

Also, on the other side of the equation, who will be apt to buy silver if prices keep escalating? I heard the China argument, speaking of which...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/09/04/the-untold-story-behind-this-golden-breakout.aspx?source=irasitlnk0000001

China is telling its people to buy precious metals...

And apparently some silver stocks have gained..

Argentum
17th September 2009, 07:40
Welcome and it's not to late.

maplesilverbug
17th September 2009, 09:10
Yes, it probably is to late.

But it's probably not TOO late.

Why do so many people suck at using their own language?

MasterQ
17th September 2009, 09:36
Is it to late to hop on the silver train, or any train regarding precious metals?

If not, what is every ones opinion on which form of silver should I buy? Coins? Small bars?

Also, on the other side of the equation, who will be apt to buy silver if prices keep escalating? I heard the China argument, speaking of which...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/09/04/the-untold-story-behind-this-golden-breakout.aspx?source=irasitlnk0000001

Wait 1 post?

Okay...a little advice first.

Please READ READ READ what we have been all saying and you would have had your answer by now.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little strong but please people. If your just joining this forum to ask advice instead of contributing to the discussion outside of (1) post then it is a little insulting to the rest of us.

We try hard to debate, give examples, back up with facts and opinions the movements in silver.

I have in several posts even made some recommendations as well as others.

Again, you would have had your answer by now.

Good luck!

-Q

maplesilverbug
17th September 2009, 09:43
All depends....ask yourself a question first:

"WHY do I want to invest in silver?"

If your answer is, "To preserve my wealth", then go ahead, buy silver.

If your answer is, "To get rich or die tryin'"...should probably just invent some kinda Ponzi scheme or become a bankrupt bailout-sucking bank...either path would suit your dollar chasing desires more aptly than stacking silver.

And, yes...DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Katwoman
17th September 2009, 11:15

That was really an unnecessary comment!!

SeekrBrnEvryMin
17th September 2009, 11:24
Wait 1 post?

I'm sorry if this sounds a little strong but please people. If your just joining this forum to ask advice instead of contributing to the discussion outside of (1) post then it is a little insulting to the rest of us.

-Q

Q, while it's true newbies could have most questions answered by reading old posts, there's a bunch of us who don't mind chit-chatting with them over basic questions. We ought to welcome them. After all, it's a forum, and these guys aren't the Duneyman.

Don't be insulted, just pass them by. We'll keep them occupied...

akak
17th September 2009, 14:17
Q, while it's true newbies could have most questions answered by reading old posts, there's a bunch of us who don't mind chit-chatting with them over basic questions. We ought to welcome them. After all, it's a forum, and these guys aren't the Duneyman.

http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/Vampire_Smiley_Cowering_In_Front_Silver_Cross_Roya lty_Free_Clipart_Picture_081017-130798-791009.jpg

(And you may note that the cross is made of silver --- just a coincidence?)

ccjoe
17th September 2009, 14:41

That's why I did to Maple what you should have done to Duney> put on the ignore list. Problem is when that poster is quoted, as you did, I have to be exposed to the garbage:(

TheLoneRanger
17th September 2009, 14:53
Got to ask yourself... do you feel lucky? oh wait.. wrong movie

What is more valuable to useful to you at the moment Fiat, which has it uses, or silver which has it's uses..
One thing alot if people use fiat for is to "save money" well fiat , due to inflation actually sucks at saving money.. so I would use fiat to spend..fiat is great to spend especially when you use it to buy silver.. which happens to be great for saving money.. although silver sucks at picking up HD cable shows about as bad as Fiat sucks at saving money so I never buy silver when I want to have something to watch TV on.. for that I get a TV.. pretty clever huh?

akak
17th September 2009, 14:59

What is more valuable to useful to you at the moment Fiat, which has it uses, or silver which has it's uses..
One thing alot if people use fiat for is to "save money" well fiat , due to inflation actually sucks at saving money.. so I would use fiat to spend..fiat is great to spend especially when you use it to buy silver.. which happens to be great for saving money.. although silver sucks at picking up HD cable shows about as bad as Fiat sucks at saving money so I never buy silver when I want to have something to watch TV on.. for that I get a TV.. pretty clever huh?

And don't ever forget that favorite line of the Wall Street shills about gold and silver:

YOU CAN'T EAT IT!!!!

I have yet to figure out the relevance of that comment, though. Last I checked, stocks, bonds, derivatives and credit default swaps were not too edible either.

TheLoneRanger
17th September 2009, 15:01
And don't ever forget that favorite line of the Wall Street shills about gold and silver:

YOU CAN'T EAT IT!!!!

I have yet to figure out the relevance of that comment, though. Last I checked, stocks, bonds, derivatives and credit default swaps were not too edible either.

Hey.. you ever try to eat wheat futures.. gack. what do the use for ink on those things...paaatuuie

ccjoe
17th September 2009, 15:01

Ranger-- I hate to admit it but your post makes perfect sense to me!
I'm afraid of what that says about me than what it says about you:)

TheLoneRanger
17th September 2009, 15:03
Be afraid.. be very afraid

SeekrBrnEvryMin
17th September 2009, 15:46
Hey.. you ever try to eat wheat futures.. gack. what do the use for ink on those things...paaatuuie

Soy futures via soy ink. Yum!

akak
17th September 2009, 15:49
Soy futures via soy ink. Yum!

And lumber futures --- lots of fiber!

And oil futures --- slide down easy!

Sugar futures --- no problem!

Gas futures --- let's not go there!

ccjoe
17th September 2009, 15:54
And lumber futures --- lots of fiber!

And oil futures --- slide down easy!

Sugar futures --- no problem!

Gas futures --- let's not go there!

FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

maplesilverbug
17th September 2009, 19:34

Yeah, you're right. I should just assept a low standerd of comunicasion on this forrum. makes al thigns rel eezy to unersrtnd and besides -- who rellty cares abot using right laguagfe...i bet if you went to the bankkk and they mess up yer mortgae and jusr say "OOPS!" becayse they dont know hoew to uae proper languager and cost you lots and lots of $$$....who care about all thart!!! good lanuage skills jsurt for smart people!!

DaBrownsRPhat
17th September 2009, 19:49

Is it too late? No. I have been betting this week though that it will go down in the next couple of months and saving my money till then. It may not be the smartest move. Listening to Ted Butler last Friday, I think it will go down maybe back to $15 or so. I do think that that will be short lived before we go on another ride though before Super Bowl Sunday.

I am no expert though and really new to this game. I would definately say though it is not too late. It is never too late until you don't even have to ask the question because you KNOW it is too late.

ryshay
17th September 2009, 20:03
Yeah, you're right. I should just assept a low standerd of comunicasion on this forrum.

I participate in several silver discussion boards.

I have always wondered why SSF board is so unpopular compared to the others.

I think it isn't just because of Duneyman, after all.

akak
17th September 2009, 21:12
Yeah, you're right. I should just assept a low standerd of comunicasion on this forrum.

I participate in several silver discussion boards.

I have always wondered why SSF board is so unpopular compared to the others.

I think it isn't just because of Duneyman, after all.

Ryshay, is one of the others by chance the Kitco forum?

Just curious, because I have participated over there, and found the "moderators" (especially Ynot2k) to be anything but moderate --- more like humorless, thin-skinned, hyper-politically-correct, control freak Nazis. I refuse to take part in that forum any longer, as there are a huge number of topics that are rigidly if informally out of bounds. Free speech is a joke on Kitco.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
17th September 2009, 21:34
Yeah, you're right. I should just assept a low standerd of comunicasion on this forrum. makes al thigns rel eezy to unersrtnd and besides -- who rellty cares abot using right laguagfe...i bet if you went to the bankkk and they mess up yer mortgae and jusr say "OOPS!" becayse they dont know hoew to uae proper languager and cost you lots and lots of $$$....who care about all thart!!! good lanuage skills jsurt for smart people!!

Maple, it's a forum, for Christmas' sake.

We're not typing something for the boss to sign.

We're jumping in and out of here when we're NOT typing something for the boss to sign.

Or whenever.

Slop counts.

maplesilverbug
17th September 2009, 21:40
My boss is an asshole.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
17th September 2009, 21:53
My boss is an asshole.

Who's the Boss?

When the Lord made man, all the parts of the body argued over who would be boss.

The brain explained that since he controlled all the parts of the body, he should be boss. The legs argued that since they took man wherever he wanted to go, they should be boss. The stomach countered with the explanation that since he digested all the food, he should be boss. The eyes said that without them man would be helpless, so they should be boss. Then the asshole applied for the job. The other parts of the body laughed so hard at this that the asshole became mad and closed up.

After a few days...

The brain went foggy, the legs got wobbly, the stomach got ill, and the eyes got crossed and unable to see. They all conceded and made the asshole boss.

This proved that you don't have to be a brain to be boss...

Just an asshole.

Argentum
17th September 2009, 22:08
No worries all, I'm not stressing the missing 'o'.

Humm.. Maple....maybe your boss is an AH because you are one???

Just a thought.

Anywho, back to the other board..... So much for stopping back over here. Not much has really changed.

akak
17th September 2009, 22:17
Anywho, back to the other board..... So much for stopping back over here. Not much has really changed.

Actually, I think the overall tone of this forum is much improved over what it was few months ago. Sadly, the damage is still with us, in the form of many lost members.

maplesilverbug
17th September 2009, 22:24
No worries all, I'm not stressing the missing 'o'.

Humm.. Maple....maybe your boss is an AH because you are one???

Just a thought.

Oh, sorry, I forgot a word -- my boss is a racist asshole.

Plain vanilla asshole are absolutely EVERYWHERE! They don't necessarily need any degree of correlation.

Hell, look at Dick Cheney, and he got to be vice prez for eight years!
Assholes rule!

Some might even argue that THE ALMIGHTY GOD was an asshole for a few years, too. But...that's just all rhetoric...? heretic...? Whatever...god also said silver is goin' to $100 by the end of 2010 so what do I care!

SeekrBrnEvryMin
17th September 2009, 22:30
I think SilverSeek is rebounding a bit.

Akak is right about Kitco.

************** is polite, excellent up-to-the-minute analyses, has it's own good humor and eccentrics. Well-organized and segmented for tastes.

SilverSeek is like a greased pig: when you try to get your arms around it, it squeals, "Unique! Unique!" and runs away.

Vive la difference.

silverheartbone
3rd September 2011, 08:40
Then click this guy's (http://www.selfcontrolfreak.com/slaan.html) nose.

Robert FGoens
3rd September 2011, 11:15
Tacos, stack your dollars and wait for silver to near 50, then wait for margins to be hiked, it is now becoming volatile, then you can buy silver in the lower 30's. If you want to stack your dollars a little longer, wait for the second dip on wall street, theres a good chance you could buy in the 20's. Dont let no one tell you it will blow past 50 and never look back. If it does reach pasted 50, the amount of cash you need to buy silver stocks will be raised everyday till the price becomes less volatile. It will be that way till people are using dollars to make fires to keep warm at night