PDA

View Full Version : COT Report---Unbelievable!

Relayer
13th September 2009, 00:01
The report normally covers a 5 day period, however Labor Day was celebrated in Canada, US, and Bermuda last week. If this is a 4 day report that makes it even more unbelievable.

This is for Gold.......And it doesn't include Thur. or Fri of this week.
Short 573,085
Change from Prior Reporting Period +93,121 19.5%

This is a HUGE one week leap. 4 or 5 times the average change.
Talk about throwing everything but the kitchen sink! Yet the price of gold still managed a $40 gain!! And then closed over $10 higher on Friday. Its first ever weekly close over $1000.

skijake
13th September 2009, 02:28
This is almost getting comical.
No one sees anything odd going on here?
When this thing blows, it's going to blow up BIG TIME.
Go Gold, Go Silver!:cool:

silversurfer1
13th September 2009, 09:19
Relayer - a very good observation here and I concur. I believe there will be one more correction here soon (short lived) and that is where I will make my final buys. Then look out!!

DaleFromCalgary
13th September 2009, 09:28
Is there any way of positively identifying who actually has the short positions? And I don't mean unsubstantiated allegations that it is all a conspiracy by Goldman Sachs. It may well be, but I'd like to see independent third-party data.

skijake
13th September 2009, 11:26
Is there any way of positively identifying who actually has the short positions? And I don't mean unsubstantiated allegations that it is all a conspiracy by Goldman Sachs. It may well be, but I'd like to see independent third-party data.

That information is secret, in theory to protect the idenity of those looking to hedge themselves in a volatile commodity market.
My feeling is that if that info was somehow available GATA or Butler would have rooted it out somehow. Goldman and Morgan are the most likely suspects but are well protected.

main1event
13th September 2009, 11:55
For over 1 month now, I've heard that the Cot report was not supportive of further price advancement, yet here we are nearly 10% higher.

I do believe the people or entities that are now short gold and silver are doing it from a purely technical perspective, since gold and silver are overbought. However, what many of them fail to realize is that from a momentum stand point via the MacD is not even close to topping out. We could easily climb another 10% from here before we see any selloff.

Look at the stock market for instance, we've advanced nearly 3000 points or 38% without any substantial selloff. These markets have worked the overbought condition off sideways, and that could happen to gold and silver.

From a fundamental standpoint I see no reason for gold and silver prices to decline substantially, the risk is to the upside. To many people believe the Fed and certain entities can cap the price of gold and silver because its gone on for so long. For those same reasons, when the price goes up it will be explosive. The market is bigger than the fed, and bankers. Gold and Silver are traded worldwide, its only a matter of time.

MasterQ
13th September 2009, 12:22
For over 1 month now, I've heard that the Cot report was not supportive of further price advancement, yet here we are nearly 10% higher.

I do believe the people or entities that are now short gold and silver are doing it from a purely technical perspective, since gold and silver are overbought. However, what many of them fail to realize is that from a momentum stand point via the MacD is not even close to topping out. We could easily climb another 10% from here before we see any selloff.

Look at the stock market for instance, we've advanced nearly 3000 points or 38% without any substantial selloff. These markets have worked the overbought condition off sideways, and that could happen to gold and silver.

From a fundamental standpoint I see no reason for gold and silver prices to decline substantially, the risk is to the upside. To many people believe the Fed and certain entities can cap the price of gold and silver because its gone on for so long. For those same reasons, when the price goes up it will be explosive. The market is bigger than the fed, and bankers. Gold and Silver are traded worldwide, its only a matter of time.

Well said but remember, if the market moved strictly with the fundamentals, then this would be MUCH easier to call.

Long term since Dec 08 you could say the fundamentals have remained in tact.

Capping and dropping hasn't and probably won't bring us back to those levels.

But as Relayer said in the begining of this thread, I am not surprised either.

Everytime I have marked TA and Fund to push the price higher, the rug has been pulled out from underneath me and I lost %'s in my position trades.

With this going on though, we should see a nice pullback for one more entry point before taking off into next year.

Quite interesting we closed above 1000 in gold this week.

Quite remarkable too.

It would be interesting if more is not put into shorts before they are called.

If this momentum continues out to sweat these shorts we are going to see an explosion like no other and certainly not like ANY other time in years past.

I'd say if we hit 17.50 or more those shorts are going to be covered and we'll hit 18+ without question.

Question is...can they keep the shorts big enough to keep this from happening?!?!?

-Q

LETMYSILVERGO
13th September 2009, 12:48
hi, i have looked, but i'm not too clever--i know ehre the silver cot report is-- right here..

Please tell me where the Gold cot is located-- and did it really jump by over 300,000 to the shorts side???

thanks

Relayer
13th September 2009, 13:28
I wish I knew. I dont know if this is IT and the bullion banks get there due, gold and silver go up faster and sooner than even I have imagined (LOL!!) or whether they can engineer another $150-$200 take takedown. Maybe they are hoping for a price spike to $1100 -$1200 and then when the price begins to correct they come in and hammer it with more shorts, trying to trigger another melt down. WHO KNOWS?

Maybe they are attempting that right now and its not working!!

Relayer
13th September 2009, 13:29
http://news.goldseek.com/COT/

No. Not in the last week. Like I posted above =93,000

Relayer
13th September 2009, 13:50
I agree there is no way the price will collapse like it did last year. The problem is these stupid banks are going right back to business as usual and assuming higher risk levels, creating new kinds of ways to bet on risk.

Of course the real problem is nothing has been done to address the problems that created this mess. I'm not talking mortgages! I'm talking derivatives. There is no solution to the derivatives mess other than voiding $1 quadrillion of derivatives and making it illegal to issue them. The financial institutions holding these things are bankrupt! It swamps the mortgage problems. That is another issue in itself and just like the banks are hiding the derivative problem, they are hiding the debt problems.

Here is a short video from Dec 2008. Everything this guy says still applies!!! The alt arms, and option arms are just starting to come due and will peak in 2011-2012. The government is in denial as well as the banks. There is nothing one can do except buy plenty of gold an silver, food supplies, and a gun is starting to look very reasonable, watch what happens and hope it works out the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IeixTAzhjE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjsmineset.com%2F&feature=player_embedded

ThreeNinesFine
13th September 2009, 14:53
This will explain exactly what is happening.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/displayGsd.php

I think the banks tried to stop the rally and failed.

Relayer
13th September 2009, 15:17
Thanks for the link!